+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my PR card but my husband did not.....

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hi, is there anybody who had the same situation like mine. I just received my PR card all by itself. I was so excited to open the envelope from CIC but it only has my Card. We did both our landing in Toronto Airport last Jan 2016.
Is it normal because im the principal applicant or a mistake made by CIC?

Thank you kindly for your responses

simpsonjos

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
3-May-2010
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
11-May-2010
Med's Request
9-May-2013
LANDED..........
29-May-2014
Hi, I was in a similar situation like this. I am the principal applicant. I did receive the PR for me and my daughters and not my spouse. Since we weren't in Canada and were living in the US, we couldn't contact the call center to verify what happened. However, I had a relative call the call center and conference me and we spoke to them. Was asked to send a solemn declaration that we did not receive the PR card. I was told the immigration officer at the airport put an incorrect address/zip and the card got returned. So put in a new request for a new PR card. But she was asked to be in person to collect the PR card

However since we were living in the US, we drove all the way to Toronto, did a border crossing with the COPR and had my wife fly to Calgary (as we had an initial address there) to collect the PR card.

If you are already in Canada, this should be simple for you to handle. Call them - Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100 (within Canada)

Hope this helps!
Simpson

Reactions: Malikhm

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tinacraigg said:
Hi, is there anybody who had the same situation like mine. I just received my PR card all by itself. I was so excited to open the envelope from CIC but it only has my Card. We did both our landing in Toronto Airport last Jan 2016.

1. As PR cards are sent out separately, give it a week after you received yours, if you haven't got your spouse's , phone the call centre.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021

I'm in the same boat. did you get your husband's PR? how long does it takes?

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021

I’m in the same boat. Did you got your husband card? If so how long it took?

Reactions: ChrisCan

polarbear_1

Jan 26, 2022
Hey everyone,

The same just happened to me. I (principal applicant) received the PR card last Friday, however, my wife did not.

I'll wait a couple of weeks and hope it arrives.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hey everyone,

The same just happened to me. I (principal applicant) received the PR card last Friday, however, my wife did not.

I'll wait a couple of weeks and hope it arrives.
Please let me know when you receive it. Were you able to check status of your wife card? I couldn’t track in online both our cards.

polarbear_1

Jan 26, 2022
Please let me know when you receive it. Were you able to check status of your wife card? I couldn’t track in online both our cards.
That's also worth mentioning. When I check the Permanent Residence Portal, both cases (my wife's and mine) appear as "In review with IRCC" but I already received the PR Card.

I'll let you all know when I receive her card.