+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my notes : contradiction between MP and IRCC ?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I finally received my GCMS notes and few things are extremely weird :

My file was received in July 2020.
File created and assigned to an agent ( BG1223 with numbers) in octobre 2020.

It seems that the agent started directly with criminality...in progress. My question is : why wasting my time, if I don’t know if my file is complete? I mean, imagine it’s taking 1 year and after one year heu... sorry your file is incomplete.

Another thing : according to the email of IRCC that was sent to my MP, it says The initial assessment to ensure that the application is complete and that the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements is still in process....but I can’t find anything in my GCMS notes about that. Eligibility: assessment: 0 !!!

However, my wife (the sponsor) told me that perhaps because this info is related to her, I couldn’t see it, so we’ve to order her own GCMS notes ? What is your thoughts ? Otherwise, why I couldn’t see it, except if they lied to our MP which I don’t think so. I triple checked.

I also noted that my file was put on hold because of me (I asked to withdraw the Outland app because I was tired of not getting an open work permit), then I reversed the withdrawal request (3 months I wasted).

Reactions: Johnson1200

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It seems that the agent started directly with criminality...in progress. My question is : why wasting my time
At this stage the criminality is just running name through databases. There's no particular cost. It's automated. Once the tombstone data is entered for applicant, they run the checks.

Another thing : according to the email of IRCC that was sent to my MP, it says The initial assessment to ensure that the application is complete and that the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements is still in process....but I can’t find anything in my GCMS notes about that. Eligibility: assessment: 0 !!!
I'm not clear what it is you expect to see. GCMS notes is basically database entries. They know what stage it's at by what hasn't happened yet.

If it's past stage A and stage B is not complete, stage B is 'in process.' That's what information they seem to have passed on to you.

It doesn't mean there's a file-blacksmith hammering away at your file in the forge for 24 hours a day. It's most likely just waiting - whether waiting in a queue for someone to get to it, or waiting for some response/thing to happen.

In other words, their conception of what 'in process' means is not the same as yours (or most English speakers) - it's database/business process speak. In process is just the point in-between two other stages.

For future, note that there will be a lot of 'in process' / started / etc like criminality and security that will be equally befuddling - they can run a criminality check today and it doesn't mean criminality is 'done' - it'll be checked again at some point before final eligibility, even if that's just someone checking the previous steps were completed properly (although could be more in-depth in some cases).

Concretely: our gcms notes just show a program assistant review from the early stages and then a few days later the 'text sponsor eligibility decision: passed' (followed by some further simple analysis and notes for the next officer). Now it may be there are other flags/activities/organisation assignments and physical movement of file that would tell you a bit about what's actually going on for the sponsor check, but you'd have to know their system a lot more than I do to discern that.

Reactions: Idrissrafd