+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA but having problems with the online application

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble with their online EE application after receiving an ITA?

I'm unable to progress beyond the first page of forms. Everything is complete, I press continue, then I get an error message saying that the CIC online system is down (which it obviously isn't as I've tried this repeatedly since Sunday).

When I go back to my application certain sections say 'in progress' even thought they are complete. I click on them, change nothing, press save and exit and they are back to complete again.

I've tried on 3 different computers, 3 different (and updated) browsers, cleared my cookies and browsing history and nothing works.

I've called the CIC call center but no one will speak to me about it the problems I'm having. I'm just told that I have to submit my questions via email. I've done this (on Feb 1st) and received a very unhelpful reply on Feb 2nd. I've since followed up by email twice, but am still waiting for a reply. Their automatic response email says that they will respond within 10 days, but if their next reply is as useless as the first I could easily spend the next 51 days going back and forth over this!

Its particularly frustrating as I can't even get to my document checklist so I've just had to take a guess at what I need to provide once I finally get to this stage.

I'm also worried that the problem is because I missed mine and my husband's middle names off the original express entry profile. Its not an excuse, but I submitted it in a huge hurry the day of the draw (on finding out that my PR application under the CEC stream that I submitted in the fall is being returned due to the cap on the number of applications being exceeded) and didn't check it properly. This is something I've asked about in my emails to CIC but obviously they haven't responded.

My work permit expires at the end of March so I'm in a panic about all this and need to get the application in asap.

If anyone has actually managed to get any help on their technical / case specific issues from CIC (or knows a good approach to get them to respond promptly) it would be good to know!

Tony_OR

May 1, 2015
emma im having the same problem. every time i login to my account the personal details section says "in progress" but when i open it all sections have a green tick to indicate they are complete if i press save it changes to complete and allows me to go to my checklist. Im considering hitting the start again button and starting again have you tryed this??

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tony_OR said:
emma im having the same problem. every time i login to my account the personal details section says "in progress" but when i open it all sections have a green tick to indicate they are complete if i press save it changes to complete and allows me to go to my checklist. Im considering hitting the start again button and starting again have you tryed this??
I have the same issue every time, but simply go through the confirmation that it's complete and keep working on the checklist.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Yes I also had the same issue every time I logged in, just "check for completeness" and you can the proceed. As for the error message Emma, do your dates in your past history cover the last 10 years with no gaps, and the same for your past addresses? I have heard that you cannot proceed if they don't. But in any event the website has been behaving bizarrely recently and seems to be experiencing technical issues

Tony_OR

May 1, 2015
have you guys sent your application yet? and if so was it received ok? im worried that this technical problem may result in missing information when cic receives it.

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

Yes I did get my application in eventually. There were a few other people on the forum having similar issues and it turned out to be a bug with the education history section. I'd been at school in the UK where there are two separate stages of high school (11 to 16 and 16 to 18). I'd entered them both on the form, but the system didn't like it. In the end I just picked the 16 to 18 information to enter for high school and it worked. I think some other people were having similar issues because they moved to a different high school half way through and were entering details for both.

Hope this is some help!

Emma