Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question for you lucky guys!! Does PR card come in mail after landing? or do you have to personally pick it up?

Wizzy87

Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
jickson said:
A question for you lucky guys!! Does PR card come in mail after landing? or do you have to personally pick it up?
[/quote

Mine came in the post 2.5 months after I had landed.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jickson said:
I have not landed but I guess I would be able to answer this question. You would be asked to give an address when you land and your PR card would be mailed to that address. If you would not be able to give an address while landing, then that's fine too, you could update the address at a later point in time.

Take a look at this -

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

No, we will mail your permanent resident (PR) card to you when you arrive in Canada.

If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, use our online address notification tool to send it to us. You must provide your address within 180 days of the day you become a permanent resident. If you do not send it within 180 days, we will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.

Check current processing times to see how long you will have to wait to get your new card. Please tell us if you did not get your PR card within the processing times.
Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=054&t=10

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I have not landed but I guess I would be able to answer this question. You would be asked to give an address when you land and your PR card would be mailed to that address. If you would not be able to give an address while landing, then that's fine too, you could update the address at a later point in time.

Take a look at this -

Link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=054&t=10
Thanks a lot. The reason that I ask is because I wanted to know if I can receive my wife's PR card in case she leaves Canada before the card comes.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Permanent Resident cards
Processing time: 39 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

AB27

Aug 22, 2015
Hi GUYS,
PLEASE HELP.....

I got my passport request last week and i already send it to Ottawa. I am PEI PNP applicant under express entry, currently living in ALBERTA. I have question regarding landing procedure at border service agency--i have to do my landing procedure in my nominated province PEI or i can do at any border in Canada, I CAN DO BORDER NEAR ALBERTA?

PLEASE SUGGEST ME Asivad... any chances of rejection by officer at border?

Thank you so much

Ap

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AB27 said:
Hi GUYS,
PLEASE HELP.....

I got my passport request last week and i already send it to Ottawa. I am PEI PNP applicant under express entry, currently living in ALBERTA. I have question regarding landing procedure at border service agency--i have to do my landing procedure in my nominated province PEI or i can do at any border in Canada, I CAN DO BORDER NEAR ALBERTA?

Thank you so much

Ap
Your PR decision was contingent on a provincial nomination by PEI. Strongly recommend that you consider scheduling your landing within that province. At any other port of entry, you may be asked uncomfortable questions about your PN (at best) or even refused (at worst).

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AB27 said:
Hi GUYS,
PLEASE HELP.....

Thank you so much

Ap
If you search thru this forum (some of the older posts), you would see that the CBSA officers do not encourage/allow you to land in any other province other than the one that nominated you (applicable for provincial nominated candidates) . I believe you might risk the status of losing your PR as you are breaching the intent that you told your province to get the nomination.

If you have a personal situation that demands you to land in a different one, I would suggest you to call the landing office at border and explain them your personal circumstance (in case if you have any) and ask them if they'll allow you to land.

AB27

Aug 22, 2015
Thank you so much guys
I checked with PEI and NO any border where I can do my landing procedure. now I will check for inland office if any then I will book my appointment

thanks again

AP