+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
My husband is landing in Halifax on Dec 3rd from India.
His flight details goes like this: Bangalore - Frankfurt, Frankfurt-toranto, Toronto-halfiax.
now since we are Nova Scotia Provincial nominee, do we have to do landing formalities/ immigration things at Toranto?
in our CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax. since there are no direct flights to Halifax we he has to go via Toronto or Montreal .

Please advice.

thanks

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
sindhugururaj said:
My husband is landing in Halifax on Dec 3rd from India.
His flight details goes like this: Bangalore - Frankfurt, Frankfurt-toranto, Toronto-halfiax.
now since we are Nova Scotia Provincial nominee, do we have to do landing formalities/ immigration things at Toranto?
in our CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax. since there are no direct flights to Halifax we he has to go via Toronto or Montreal .

Please advice.

thanks
All your landing formalities would be in Toronto.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
niagary said:
All your landing formalities would be in Toronto.
Thank you.
but in we are Provincial nominee. is it ok to do landing formalities in Toronto. and next flight to Halifax is in about 2hours. will the landing formalities be completed in 2hours?

pgpprcinn

Nov 4, 2015
I have one questions. My landing paper is coming today. I heard CIC sends 2 landing paper. Do i have to bring 2 landing paper to border? Or i can just bring one?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
pgpprcinn said:
I have one questions. My landing paper is coming today. I heard CIC sends 2 landing paper. Do i have to bring 2 landing paper to border? Or i can just bring one?
You have to bring both. They fill out and stamp both, then keep the one with the picture on it and give the one without a picture on it to you.

MG84

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Guys im am FWS got COPR will be landing soon.

For the proof of fund should I take the last months Bank statements or is there any specific requirement.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
MG84 said:
Guys im am FWS got COPR will be landing soon.

For the proof of fund should I take the last months Bank statements or is there any specific requirement.
I don't believe there is a requirement to show PoF. I just did my landing and wasn't asked for anything other than my CoPR. I did bring a PoF letter from my bank which listed my accounts and what was in them that they then stamped in the bank for me just in case. I was an in-land FSW.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
I don't believe there is a requirement to show PoF. I just did my landing and wasn't asked for anything other than my CoPR. I did bring a PoF letter from my bank which listed my accounts and what was in them that they then stamped in the bank for me just in case. I was an in-land FSW.
Its been sometime since I logged in here. I was an inland FSW and they asked me to show POF at the border. Looks like its border dependent. I crossed at rainbow bridge on a Wednesday night.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
A-man said:
Its been sometime since I logged in here. I was an inland FSW and they asked me to show POF at the border. Looks like its border dependent. I crossed at rainbow bridge on a Wednesday night.
That might be it. I went through YVR at around 1am Sunday morning.

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
It seems that at rainbow bridge they ask about funds if you are FSW regardless if you are Inland or Outland.

They asked me and my wife about the funds as well even if they knew that we are working here.

They also asked us if we have a reference letter from our employers and to that i said that i have one from May to that the border officer said that it wont work as its old.

But I found that the Border officer was quite helpful as she said if we can show her the account where the pay is getting deposited, which I was happy to show.

All in all my landing experience was good. it took us only 40 minutes to the whole process including going to the US side and coming back to the Canadian side.

I always found American Border officer to be very cheerful once you start a conversation with them. Speaking from my experience as I go to the United States on a regular basis.

Best of luck!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll be landing next week on Wednesday morning at Pearson - FSW Inland - hopefully all goes smoothly and I don't get a grumpy CBSA as I have an overnight flight from Vegas and will be very tired :)

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
elite_stud said:
i did my landing on Dec 8th, 2015 - Ottawa Office.
Do we know how long does it take to receive the PR card.
When I did my landing 2 weeks ago, it was at 52 days. It's now up to 71 days. You can check the time on this webpage:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
I landed yesterday at Toronto it was during my connection for Calgary . It was really smooth and fast, took 30 minutes,even the officer was happy for me ;D.Today did my social insurance number and my healthcare card.6-8weeks to receive PR card let see.