+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

fawn

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed yesterday at carway, it was smooth. Was there around 1 hr. We arrived there at around 12nn.

The lady asked "do you have the papers?". Not stating which papers. But since i read here to submit the docs: passport,copr,work permits, US refusal form. So those are the only papers i gave.

Then the lady said "no other work permits,study permits?" . And i said no
Asked if commited any crime. I said no

Then asked us to wait in the waiting room (around 30min : 1 family was ahead of us, and then some guys with work permits.)

When we're called. An officer asked us to sign the papers and said that we should get a new SIN... well he ddint say much about the process. Maybe he is tired. Then told us that we're now a pr and free to work and study anywhere. Expect our pr cards in 10 weeks. And thats it, not so welcoming in my opinion.

So we left and had a good late lunch meal

Akhuttan

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding a visa sticker for Inland FSW PPR applicant,
so the situation is that I have been living in Canada for last 2.5 years on LMIA and work permit valid till the end of 2016. I have received a Ready for visa email(PPR) so when i send my passport will i get another PR sticker on my passport or just landing documentations which I can take to local CIC office or a nearest border?

Thanks in Advance.

fawn

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding a visa sticker for Inland FSW PPR applicant,
so the situation is that I have been living in Canada for last 2.5 years on LMIA and work permit valid till the end of 2016. I have received a Ready for visa email(PPR) so when i send my passport will i get another PR sticker on my passport or just landing documentations which I can take to local CIC office or a nearest border?

Thanks in Advance.
anyone Correct me if i'm wrong, yes you will see on your passport (once its returned to you) that you will have a new visa sticker, it will say "immigrant" rather than "worker" as you had before.

You will also receive COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) and some instruction letter

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
My ECAS change to complete today.

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Can we land while our accompanying family members are waiting for their visas and CoPR in home country?? anybody having personal experience with this situation?

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Hey guys,

anyone FSW Inland with LMO/LMIA and already working for Canadian employer and did landing.
Im just waiting for our COPR when we r gonna hit the CA-US border (Coutts, AB).

Do they ask for proof of funds?

In my EE app I declared I only have 4000$ and in my GCMS notes I ve found a note that minimum funds have NOT BEEN MET, however next note says Im minimum funds EXEMPT.

I hope they know about this at the border and wont give me a hassle about POF since its not required for FSW who is already employed on LM/LMIA with canadian employer.

Thanx.

nicolalouise

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 11 2015
Hey all,

I'm heading to land/flag pole on Saturday. I'm coming from Toronto and I'm hearing the Peace bridge at St.Catherines would be the fastest and easiest. Any advise on where would be best?

Thanks

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Its about 30 mins longer each way to go to the peace bridge instead of the rainbow bridge. It seems like unless you are gonna be waiting more than an hr at the rainbow bridge it may not be worth it.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I landed at Carway early morning today. It was really smooth and fast, took about 30 minutes from the beginning till the end.

Lumen_UK

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW Outside Canada here. Can anyone share their experience, if any, when landing at Pearson International (Toronto). Looking to land by April next year and not too sure if I should attempt a border landing (from the US to Canada) or a direct landing at Pearson. Thanks.

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
EmmEmm said:
there is a difference. I need to have a valid US visa to enter. Right now, my Visa is expired and I am working in the US on my extended petition. If I go out of the country then I have to get a new Visa stamped. and the Canada visa is a single entry visa so not sure the implications of going back again into Canada.
I am in same boat as you. I am in USA and planning to go to canada for Landing and come back on AVR to USA.

Admission

Sep 29, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have a questions about my expired status. My work permit expired in June and applied for BOWP, it was refused too as I didnt have the second AOR on 30 september. Since then I have been on an expired status and didnt apply for a visitor visa or anything.
I got my PPR request on Nov 12 and now waiting for the COPR,

I am worried that my expired status would make an issue, although I am still within the 90 days of expiry.

Please advise.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admission said:
Hi Guys,

I have a questions about my expired status. My work permit expired in June and applied for BOWP, it was refused too as I didnt have the second AOR on 30 september. Since then I have been on an expired status and didnt apply for a visitor visa or anything.
I got my PPR request on Nov 12 and now waiting for the COPR,

I am worried that my expired status would make an issue, although I am still within the 90 days of expiry.

Please advise.
I'm in the same situation....expired status ,got PPR in 13 of NOV ,we have apply for restoration of status back in July but we don't heard anything in back,wondering what we can do as i read here when we do the landing at the border they ask for proof of status....any opinions...? ??? ???

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
fawn said:
anyone Correct me if i'm wrong, yes you will see on your passport (once its returned to you) that you will have a new visa sticker, it will say "immigrant" rather than "worker" as you had before.

You will also receive COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) and some instruction letter
Yes you are correct. In the visa sticker would written one entry only.