+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR papers and successfully landed connect here

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
I need your suggestions.

I received PPR on Sep-25-2015, then CPC-Ottawa received my passport on Sep-30-2015. Mycic changed to approved and file was closed on Oct-14-2015.
But until now the tracking number for my return passport has not been activated. What's worse, my work permit will be expired on next Tuesday (Oct-27-2015).
My question is: It seems that my passport will be arrived just after the work permit got expired. Do I need a valid permit at hand when doing the landing? In that case, do I need to submit the work permit extension first and provide the receipt to boarder officer?

Any reply will be appreciated. :)

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You seem similar my case, my work permit already expired and now I am on an implied status as BOWP. Just in case, you should remain legally status during the landing procedure.

Any suggestion much appreciated.

Best of luck

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my landing while I was on implied status for months. I wasn't asked for anything at all except proof of address in Canada, passport and CoPR. Do not worry. Just take all the necessary documents with you along with the expired work permit. You should be fine.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuno1313 said:
I did my landing while I was on implied status for months. I wasn't asked for anything at all except proof of address in Canada, passport and CoPR. Do not worry. Just take all the necessary documents with you along with the expired work permit. You should be fine.
Thank you very much for your reply. :)

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
nuno1313 said:
Thank you for your reply.
But I have work, if my work permit got expired and I did not submitted the BOWP, can I take the risk to continue working until I receive the return passport?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Oh, I can't believe it, my passport tracking number has been activated just now! :p :p
How lucky you are!!! Congrats. Mine is still waiting :(

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I finally received my Permanent Resident card yesterday. Completed landing formalities on 29th August 2015 at Toronto Pearson International airport. 52 days to receive PR card.

My wife completed her landing formalities on 6th September. I presume she will receive her Permanent Resident card in about a week or so, Inshallah.

Now I hope Justin Trudeau's immigration plan comes into effect soon so that I can get a credit for the time I spent in Canada as a student.

Thank you everyone. Good Luck to all :)

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Received my PR card yesterday. Landed on Sep 4

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
A quick question: Can I do the landing in the board on weekend? What is the business hour for the boarder officer in Vancouver? Do I need to make an appointment?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I_love_van said:
A quick question: Can I do the landing in the board on weekend? What is the business hour for the boarder officer in Vancouver? Do I need to make an appointment?
Board? Border? Borders are open 24/7. No need for appointments.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmmEmm said:
there is a difference. I need to have a valid US visa to enter. Right now, my Visa is expired and I am working in the US on my extended petition. If I go out of the country then I have to get a new Visa stamped. and the Canada visa is a single entry visa so not sure the implications of going back again into Canada.
The Canadian visa is single entry BECAUSE after that entry you will be a Canadian PR, free to enter Canada without your usual visa. Entering by land, the CoPR is enough before you get your PR card. It's best not to fly into Canada before you get your PR card. For re-entering the US, of course, you need your renewed US visa!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Finally received my return passport and CoPR, totally relief now.
For the Category on my visa page, is "Immigrant", not "Permanent Resident", how about yours?

My work permit will be expired on next Tue., do I need to do the landing before that time? Or I can use my Immigrant Visa as my legal status in Canada? ;)

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Finally received my return passport and CoPR, totally relief now.
For the Category on my visa page, is "Immigrant", not "Permanent Resident", how about yours?

My work permit will be expired on next Tue., do I need to do the landing before that time? Or I can use my Immigrant Visa as my legal status in Canada? ;)
It is better to cross the border before expiry date. Immigrant visa is just a ticket to enter Canada. It cant be used as legal document to stay here. Your permanent resident status will not be approved until you cross the border. There might be some grace period after expiration of permit but to be on the safer side it is better to cross before that date.

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I landed at the last day of my implied status ( I haven't received BOWP, I guess I would have to cancel my application now). I got the whole package of documents including proof of payment, proof of mailing, print out from FedEx that the application was received and my expired WP. The Immigration Officer didn't anything about my status. It might be due to the fact that I looked absolutely miserable and partially insane after crossing the Rainbow bridge. It was very windy that day.