+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR but no visa stamp in passport

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
My spouse received her COPR from VFS/Visa Application Centre but her passport does not have any visa or stamp in it. She is from visa required country (needs visa to travel to Canada). Is there suppose to be a visa stamp in passport? What should I do get the visa stamped. Seem like Canada Visa Application Centre missed out visa stamping on the passport.

dd2402

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
14-07-2018
Passport Req..
03-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2018
Did you ask VFS as to why there is no visa stamped?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My spouse received her COPR from VFS/Visa Application Centre but her passport does not have any visa or stamp in it. She is from visa required country (needs visa to travel to Canada). Is there suppose to be a visa stamp in passport? What should I do get the visa stamped. Seem like Canada Visa Application Centre missed out visa stamping on the passport.
Yes, there should be a visa. Read the documents and letter accompnying that you got with the passport, there should be instructions to contact them if there is any issue.

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
She picked up COPR envelope from VFS which just contains two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and my passport without any visa stamp. She doesn't see any instruction or letter.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
[/

Are You a Canadian citizen and living abroad so you picked up her passport?

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
Who should she contact to get the issue resolved. She booked the flight and found out permanent Residence Visa is missing on her passport.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She picked up COPR envelope from VFS which just contains two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and my passport without any visa stamp. She doesn't see any instruction or letter.
Who should I contact to get the issue resolved. I booked my flight and found out permanent Residence Visa is missing on my passport.
You have made a complete hash of this thread.

Please clarify: you said she received HER copr, but YOUR passport?

Who is sponsoring whom? Who is the PR here? Why do you need a visa if you are already in Canada?

Reactions: canuck78

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
Did she already have a TRV? Has she visited Canada in the past?
She is outside Canada and haven't been to Canada yet. The only paper she has is two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and passport without any visa stamp

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
You have made a complete hash of this thread.

Please clarify: you said she received HER copr, but YOUR passport?

Who is sponsoring whom? Who is the PR here? Why do you need a visa if you are already in Canada?
I am the Sponsor(Canadian Citizen) and my wife(Principal applicant). My Wife got COPR envelope containing two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and passport without any visa stamp. We are just looking for some advise on how to get the issue resolved to the passport stamped.

JimmyJ

Feb 11, 2023
There is no permanent residency visa. She has a COPR does she already have a TRV?
No there is no TRV. She received COPR envelope containing two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and passport without any visa stamp.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am the Sponsor(Canadian Citizen) and my wife(Principal applicant). My Wife got COPR envelope containing two COPR paper IRCC Copy (with photo), Client Copy (without photo) and passport without any visa stamp. We are just looking for some advise on how to get the issue resolved to the passport stamped.
See my first post in this thread. She should have had a visa in her passport. The letter of instructions she got should have text like: check the documents you got and contact the visa office if any errors.

Do that.