+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CEC Invitation without Completing One year. Accept or Decline?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Means our file wouldn’t reject after accepting ita in 11 month right?
Nope, you can accept it and submit application when you reach your 12 months experience. Don’t submit anything until you reach that mark. My friend got pr already. He was same situation as you are.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I find this interesting, I rejected my ITA because I was short for one day and with my score I should be able to get an ITA next week.

It’s a pain in the ass, but don’t want to risk it.

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi Guys,

Today I received Invitation to apply for CEC, but the funny thing is I will complete ONE Year in the middle of August & I already received invitation to apply without completing one year, in my 11th month. I had created the EE profile on 28th June. In the first week of July I received additional points and my CRS score total was 460. I received BCPNP (Skilled Worker Express EntryBC) Invitation today as well. First, I received ITA for CEC in the morning and in the afternoon I received ITA for BCPNP Skilled Worker EEBC. I was expecting EE ITA for FSW but instead I received it for CEC.

What should I do? Should I accept the CEC invitation or Decline it? I went through the forums but did not get a proper answer.
I got one in april , one month before completing experience but i got 90 days for documents.

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi All,

I need help creating my CEC profile. I am an international student and have completed my certificate program. The program was completed in 8-months and gave me 8-months PGWP. Luckily, I was able to extend my PGWP because of the new public policy which extends my PGWP to 18 months. I already acquired my 1-year work experience (2 different NOC-B) and I am in the process of creating my CEC profile.

My question is in filling my Education background, there is a question there that says "Complete/Full Academic Years". Now my problem is when I fill this up it does not allow me to encode the number of months (8-months). It only allows me to encode the number of years"1". What should I do with this? The certificate program that was issued to me is 8-months and not a 1 year certificate.

Please I need your advice.

Thank you.

tonitigers

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
I find this interesting, I rejected my ITA because I was short for one day and with my score I should be able to get an ITA next week.

It’s a pain in the ass, but don’t want to risk it.
I think it’s pretty clear ( based on tweet from IRCC) that one can get ITA before completing exact 1 year exp in Canada ( mostly because system is calculating points based on number of hours and majority of regular folks work at least for 40 hours a week, so 1560 hours gets completed earlier than whole year). As per IRCC in such case one should be able to accept ITA but only submit application after 1 year is completed .

maridelemon18

Jan 2, 2019
Nope, you can accept it and submit application when you reach your 12 months experience. Don’t submit anything until you reach that mark. My friend got pr already. He was same situation as you are.
Hello, I would like to ask regarding the proof of funds. Do we need to mention the total POF needed for my family before we can create the EE profile right? what happen if you get invited through CEC and the money that we mentioned in the POF is not physically on my account?

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
Hi Miss Bee, I did the same I created my EE profile on 22nd July and got ITA on 22nd July itself under CEC ...But my 1 year expereicne completed on 17th of August. There are lots of terms people use are confusing to me like you should not "accept" ITA...What dose it exactly means because there is no such thing called accept...there are 2 options which are Continue or Decline. I hit continue somewhere in August and started filling out the form. I compelted all my form after 17th of August. Uploaded my document on 24th August ( 7 days after 1 year completion) and submited my Application on 24th August ( after completion of 1 year on 17th of August)
I got AOR ysterday right after submission. I hope everything goes well.

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
Hello, I would like to ask regarding the proof of funds. Do we need to mention the total POF needed for my family before we can create the EE profile right? what happen if you get invited through CEC and the money that we mentioned in the POF is not physically on my account?
If you get invited under CEC category then POF is not required. you only need to provide LOE stating that you are invited under CEC category and you are not required to show any POF. Standard letter format is available on google.
https://immigrants101.com/proof-of-funds-letter-for-canada-immigration/