+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received CEC Invitation without Completing One year. Accept or Decline?

selena_0105

Feb 13, 2021
Hi Guys,

Today I received Invitation to apply for CEC, but the funny thing is I will complete ONE Year in the middle of August & I already received invitation to apply without completing one year, in my 11th month. I had created the EE profile on 28th June. In the first week of July I received additional points and my CRS score total was 460. I received BCPNP (Skilled Worker Express EntryBC) Invitation today as well. First, I received ITA for CEC in the morning and in the afternoon I received ITA for BCPNP Skilled Worker EEBC. I was expecting EE ITA for FSW but instead I received it for CEC.

What should I do? Should I accept the CEC invitation or Decline it? I went through the forums but did not get a proper answer.
Decline it and submit another ee as soon as you become eligible.

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I had confirmed this from IRCC last month. They clearly instructed to keep the ITA and only submit application post completion of one year. Here is the link-

Thank you, this is wonderful news ... I am going to finish 1 year on March 8. so I have couple of weeks to decide, meantime I will get ready with documents and then take a call. I hope we all should have a group to know how many have applied and is there any profile that got rejected because of this reason.

I was going through every thread on this and have seen at least 5+ approved cases but not a single rejected case from IRCCC, although there are many who declined the offer ... now the point is to find if any rejected case on this issue.

Hoping to see answers to this question

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
meaning to say you can accept the ITA. then submit all your requirements once you have your 1 year experience provided your 1 year work experience is in the window 90 days to pass the application?

Feb 25, 2021
You should reject it, and wait until you're eligible. I don't know why CIC does what it does here, but you definitely need a FULL 12 months of Canadian work experience. 11 months and a few weeks should result in them rejecting your application.
In section 11.2 it says at the time of ita "OR" e-apr u should meet MEC.
This answers everything.
If it was for both times it would have said ita"AND" e-apr.
I talked with the rep also,she said wait for time you are short and then submit it.

Feb 25, 2021
i got the ITA on june 13 so i fall under the 90 day category. let see what happens. i will update everyone about this strange issue
In section 11.2 it says at the time of ita "OR" e-apr u should meet MEC.
This answers everything.
If it was for both times it would have said ita"AND" e-apr.
I talked with the rep also,she said wait for time you are short and then submit it.

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I guess we can conclude this that we can submit after finishing 1yr and no need to reject ... Vijit jain has tweeted and i have also tweeted and got reply for ircc 2 days back that we can submit it (dot)

Raavi Sandhu

Oct 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a weird situation. Actually when I created my profile for EE I selected yes for job offer because I thought it’s asking for job letter and filled all the details of my current employer but haven’t got any point for it as I selected no for LMIA but after getting ITA my friend told me that I should say no for job letter and I did so and submitted my PR application. But now I am very nervous will my application approve or refuse because of that? But thing is I haven’t got any point for job offer, my points remained same with or without job offer. Should I submit webform and explain my situation or simply wait for decision? Could you suggest me what should I do?
Please please reply soon

Ranjeet singh gill

Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a weird situation. Actually when I created my profile for EE I selected yes for job offer because I thought it’s asking for job letter and filled all the details of my current employer but haven’t got any point for it as I selected no for LMIA but after getting ITA my friend told me that I should say no for job letter and I did so and submitted my PR application. But now I am very nervous will my application approve or refuse because of that? But thing is I haven’t got any point for job offer, my points remained same with or without job offer. Should I submit webform and explain my situation or simply wait for decision? Could you suggest me what should I do?
Please please reply soon
Call and Talk to the immigration asap and get it fixed

Reactions: Raavi Sandhu

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please please reply soon

I don't think it should matter as you didn't claim any points for offerletter in the first place and then secondly feb13 draw min is 75points so it doesn't matter even if you say yes in the beginning and then no you will still be in cutoff --- that's my thought but I am just an applicant like your friend

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
You don't even get into the EE pool if you don't have 1 full year of work experience as it's part of the eligibility criteria. I suspect the cases where people get an ITA before 12 months are also because they meet FSW requirements, in that case I've heard that attaching a LOE and waiting until 1 year does it.

But isn't submitting your profile before 1 year technically misrepresentation? Ex, if I started working on May and submit my profile in April...How isn't that cheating the system?
IRCC has acknowledged the system bug for calculating 1 year Canadian work even before the work anniversary is due.

Reactions: fakelucio

RAMAN253

May 2, 2021
thats what i am confused, i think they dint fully understand his case so, they might have advised him this way. anyway i doing just that, waiting till 31st of july and then submitting it on august first week
Hey. After accepting ita in 11 month. Did you get PR? Because now I have same situation.

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hey. After accepting ita in 11 month. Did you get PR? Because now I have same situation.
I got ITA on Feb 14 and did submit application on March 14 after completeting one year. my status below

Medical - passed
Bio - Updated
Singpore ( after submiting application IRCC provided a letter to get the PCC) - Submited on April 10 and status updated to in review on May 10
others waiting

so the case has been reviewed cause with which they would never sent me a letter to get Singapore but again in progress