+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a pre-arrival letter, but no COPR yet?

Bibo2310

Oct 25, 2023
If you are currently in Canada, I strongly suggest you to make a phone call to the immigration service to get the latest progress of your application. My co-founder just called and we had passed the eligibility check, but unfortunately, we are under security check. May god bless us.
I call to IRCC (hotline: 1-888-242-2100) and talk to official but he said that all information update in website. How can I do next?

xxzzz

Jun 8, 2023
I was been told our case is still in the security check step since late August. Does anyone know how long the security check will take? Will it take a year as some website mentioned?

Reactions: pathCanada

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Based on what I've learned so far directly from other applicants, somewhere around 60 SUV applications are still stuck in the pre-arrival step. I hope this number doesn't go up. Any thoughts or news about the IRCC's possible progress on issuing eCOPRs for applications in 2020 and thereafter?

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Based on what I've learned so far directly from other applicants, somewhere around 60 SUV applications are still stuck in the pre-arrival step. I hope this number doesn't go up. Any thoughts or news about the IRCC's possible progress on issuing eCOPRs for applications in 2020 and thereafter?
The recent ATIP file from CSBA showed that my team was under security check since 18th Aug.

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Did the ATIP give any more details? like any comments that the officer left to show activity?
Status as following:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: In progress
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Biometircs: Received
Infor Sharing: Complete

Security Label from CSBA:
C-Check submitted for SP on this date. (which is the latest active activity is on 23rd Aug.)
C-Check submitted for PA on this date
and some review and comments about my background profile and business from the officer.

Dude, any comments on the above progress?

Last edited:

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Status as following:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: In progress
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Biometircs: Received
Infor Sharing: Complete

Security Label from CSBA:
C-Check submitted for SP on this date. (which is the latest active activity is on 23rd Aug.)
C-Check submitted for PA on this date
and some review and comments about my background profile and business from the officer.

Dude, any comments on the above progress?
Thank you so much for sharing this. I think I'm also going to get an ATIP file just to see what's going on. I encourage other SUV peers to do so. I came across with this webpage explaining how to read a GCMS note. according to this, everything is pretty normal here, and your case is just stuck with the officer/department responsible for security checks.