+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a pre-arrival letter, but no COPR yet?

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Jan 2021 paper application:
- AOR on 28 Mar
- ADR1 on 28 Mar
- ADR2 and Medical on 7 June
- PAL on 17 Aug
No updates since then.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Jan 2021 paper application:
- AOR on 28 Mar
- ADR1 on 28 Mar
- ADR2 and Medical on 7 June
- PAL on 17 Aug
No updates since then.
Do you know where your case is being processed? I know most applicants who have the same situation are processed in Whitehorse, Yukon and now depot there.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I was reading through the Google Reviews of the Whitehorse IRCC office in Yukon at 300 Main St, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2B5 and people are furious or begging the officers there to speed up. One person had even travelled from Vancouver to Whitehorse and claimed that the office was practically closed and no one was answering. I don't know how to find these people and ask them if they have any updates since making comments on Google, but this is a bit concerning. Any thoughts, please?

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Do you know where your case is being processed? I know most applicants who have the same situation are processed in Whitehorse, Yukon and now depot there.
I just checked my request letter that the first ADR was from Sydney NS and the second ADR did not shown the exact office. What I can get from the second ADR is the ID of the officer(maybe) which is started from WC and another five number.

Reactions: pathCanada

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I just checked my request letter that the first ADR was from Sydney NS and the second ADR did not shown the exact office. What I can get from the second ADR is the ID of the officer(maybe) which is started from WC and another five number.
I checked the location of my application with an IRCC officer, if you can call they can also tell you where your application is at.

duongkylan

Apr 27, 2018
I received PAL on 26 Sep 2023 and it seems that it is still a long way before CoPR/PPR. Has anyone got CoPR after PAL within a few weeks?

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I received PAL on 26 Sep 2023 and it seems that it is still a long way before CoPR/PPR. Has anyone got CoPR after PAL within a few weeks?
There's no rule to this. I know applicants who got COPR one week after their PAL, but applicants like myself haven't got any COPR after 4 months. It really depends where your application is being processed apparently, since the applications are no longer centralized.

duongkylan

Apr 27, 2018
There's no rule to this. I know applicants who got COPR one week after their PAL, but applicants like myself haven't got any COPR after 4 months. It really depends where your application is being processed apparently, since the applications are no longer centralized.
My application was submitted to Sydney, NS, in 2020. It passed 37 months.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Today, we mark 5 months since the time we received the pre-arrival letter. Is anyone on the whole forum to be waiting more than this time for COPR?

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Today, we mark 5 months since the time we received the pre-arrival letter. Is anyone on the whole forum to be waiting more than this time for COPR?
If you are currently in Canada, I strongly suggest you to make a phone call to the immigration service to get the latest progress of your application. My co-founder just called and we had passed the eligibility check, but unfortunately, we are under security check. May god bless us.

duongkylan

Apr 27, 2018
If you are currently in Canada, I strongly suggest you to make a phone call to the immigration service to get the latest progress of your application. My co-founder just called and we had passed the eligibility check, but unfortunately, we are under security check. May god bless us.
It is better to call while you are in Canada. Good suggestion!