+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a NOI from Ontario but EE profile about to expire

bishtm

Oct 28, 2019
Just put ur old EE details and fill up your oinp application. As soon as u create a new profile,update your OINP application with the new EE number
Thanks for the response, got it now :) Just one more thing, should I notify OINP now by sending them the mail that I am starting my OINP application now but my profile is going to expire so I will share the new profile details soon.

SVJO123

Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for the response, got it now :) Just one more thing, should I notify OINP now by sending them the mail that I am starting my OINP application now but my profile is going to expire so I will share the new profile details soon.
Nope. No need

Arif Sarker

Jun 17, 2015
Dear altruists, I need you urgent help. I have updated my work history section in the Express Entry profile. Now my profile's work history section became empty. I have re-typeed and submited again but the situation has not changed. I received OINP NOI few days ago. What should I do ? Should I need to withdraw my profile and notify OINP?

TasnimaAli

Sep 17, 2018
Email Id is: ontarionominee@ontario.ca

And I got below response on sending email to update the EE profile Number:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that your Express Entry profile has been updated.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Website | Portail : www.ontario.ca/OINP | www.ontario.ca/POCI
Hi Atul,
I have just received a NOI from Ontario and EE profile is going to expire in 16th May,2021. Should I proceed with the application in OINP e-Filing Portal and then after expiration of my EE profile, create a new profile and let them know. Or should I create a new profile before applying in OINP e-Filing Portal?

TasnimaAli

Sep 17, 2018
I also have similar issue, I enquired with Ontario and got below response:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You must maintain a valid profile in the Express Entry system from the time of application until the time of nomination.

Please be advised that if you have received a Notification of Interest (NOI) and your Express Entry profile is about to expire or has expired, you can create a new valid Express Entry profile in order to submit an application via the OINP e-Filing Portal.

Please provide with your application:

• A letter of explanation regarding the expiration of your old Express Entry profile
  • The old profile’s Express Entry Number and Job Seeker Validation Code
  • A copy of the letter received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) explaining why your old profile became ineligible

If you delete your Express Entry profile and create a new one while your application is still being processed by the OINP, you must notify the OINP and provide your new Express Entry number, as well as your new Job Seeker Validation Code.

Please note that the OINP may require you to provide additional or updated documents to support your request. OINP staff will contact you directly should documentation be required.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration
Hi @sshivam29, would it be a problem if I withdraw and create a new one, as NOI was sent into the old EE profile?

TasnimaAli

Sep 17, 2018
Hi @bishtm, I have got NOI in yesterday, and profile is going to expire in 16th May,2021. Should I proceed with my OINP application with current profile, or should I create a new profile, and proceed? would it be a problem if I withdraw and create a new one, as NOI was sent into the old EE profile?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi @bishtm, I have got NOI in yesterday, and profile is going to expire in 16th May,2021. Should I proceed with my OINP application with current profile, or should I create a new profile, and proceed? would it be a problem if I withdraw and create a new one, as NOI was sent into the old EE profile?
You should proceed with the existing application. Let it get expired first and then create another one and inform OINP. For further information, dm me.

Mar 25, 2020
Accept NOI submit necessary documents. Take screenshots of NOI and profile and then inform CIC about old profile expiry and new profile info

Bikram95

May 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have received a NOI for Hunan Capital Priority stream on 2 March,2021. Unfortunately I missed that email and I saw that today.
I was able to successfully open oinp e-filing account as it accepts any NOI under 6 months from current date.
But when I was creating the profile it shows profile status as “Registration Expired”.
Can anyone please help me? Is my NOI still valid? What should I do? Please help
Please refer to the image to see the status

Sammy0190

May 12, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have received a NOI for Hunan Capital Priority stream on 2 March,2021. Unfortunately I missed that email and I saw that today.
I was able to successfully open oinp e-filing account as it accepts any NOI under 6 months from current date.
But when I was creating the profile it shows profile status as “Registration Expired”.
Can anyone please help me? Is my NOI still valid? What should I do? Please help
Please refer to the image to see the status
OINP allows 45 days to complete the registration and submit the OINP application. Since the window of 45 calendar days have expired from 2nd March, submitting an application might not be allowed now. Please confirm with OINP team over mail, to cross check.

vanessamayy

May 6, 2022
Hi ,
I have an issue, so recently my EE profile was cancelled by IRCC due to my Spouse's incomplete PCC from his stay in Australia (We overlooked the fact that we needed a full license history check as well). I had a nomination from Ontario which is due to expire in March 2020 but it is on my old EE profile. I did write to them about the situation (and also got the full license history check from Victoria, Australia). Will they transfer the nomination to new EE profile in such cases? Has anyone been through this?
Hi dreamcanada0224, I got the exact same rejection due to incomplete full driving license history and my PR application is rejected and I am advised by IRCC to lodge a new express entry and they also notified that my visa application fee will be refunded as it got rejected. I got my driving license history today.

1. Should I email IRCC and Ontario (OINP) and request for a review?
2. Or, create a new express entry and request Ontario to attach the nomination letter with the new express entry?

vanessamayy

May 6, 2022
I have also the same situation, my application was refused due to spouse PCC.
Did u write to OINP? What’s their response?
Hi, I got the exact same rejection due to incomplete full driving license history and my PR application is rejected and I am advised by IRCC to lodge a new express entry and they also notified that my visa application fee will be refunded as it got rejected. I got my driving license history today.

2. Or, create a new express entry and request Ontario to attach the nomination letter with the new express entry?

safz17

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, I got the exact same rejection due to incomplete full driving license history and my PR application is rejected and I am advised by IRCC to lodge a new express entry and they also notified that my visa application fee will be refunded as it got rejected. I got my driving license history today.

How did you proceed, sailing in the same boat.. how long did it take to get points transferred? I mailed them 2 days back.

mealive

Aug 12, 2023
I also have similar issue, I enquired with Ontario and got below response:

Dear Madam/Sir,

You must maintain a valid profile in the Express Entry system from the time of application until the time of nomination.

Please be advised that if you have received a Notification of Interest (NOI) and your Express Entry profile is about to expire or has expired, you can create a new valid Express Entry profile in order to submit an application via the OINP e-Filing Portal.

Please provide with your application:

• A letter of explanation regarding the expiration of your old Express Entry profile
  • The old profile’s Express Entry Number and Job Seeker Validation Code
  • A copy of the letter received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) explaining why your old profile became ineligible

If you delete your Express Entry profile and create a new one while your application is still being processed by the OINP, you must notify the OINP and provide your new Express Entry number, as well as your new Job Seeker Validation Code.

Please note that the OINP may require you to provide additional or updated documents to support your request. OINP staff will contact you directly should documentation be required.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration
Hi All,

On my EE profile, I received the NOI from OINP (under HCP) on August 11, 2023. In NOI, there's an explicit mention that I should have an active EE profile while my OINP is in assessment.
My EE profile was due to expire on August 19, 2023. So, I withdrew (maybe a mistake?) to re-create the profile thinking I may be able to keep it active for the course of OINP review. Is there a way to keep my OINP NOI and apply using the OINP portal?

Need advice to approach this issue, thanks in advance!