+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
I have 3 years IT experience with IELTS band clb 9 in all sections.

I have got ECA report from WES recently, please help me to claim appropriate points-

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years)

My education history- I have done 2 years BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) from Edexcel, London, UK. Then did one year Top Up degree from a UK university. I was given exempted credits for the first two years and only studied final year at university but got full Bachelors Degree certificate. My transcript mentioned my final year credits (120 credits) in details and
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 4 - 120 credits
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 5 - 120 credits
(does not mention anything regarding my diploma)

Total 360 credits and received 3 years bachelors degree certificate!

Now when I was filling EE profile I have filled details of my HND without any problem. Then I have added my Bachelors degree, here I had filled up a question regarding completed academic years, I have written 3 years though in reality I did attend only 1 year but got credits for other two years hence I chose 3 years.

In the question regarding Level of education I chose "Bachelors Degree". Then another question Level of education according to the ECA report I chose again "Bachelors Degree".

After submitting my profile I have received 50 skill transferablity points. I think system awarded me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long".

Here is my confusion, "one must be three or more years long". I attended bachelors only 1 year but WES evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree hence system awarded me the points. As per the ECA report I do fulfill the requirements as it is clearly says Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) according to my transcript I may not fulfill that 3 years degree condition. Even if I write One year as the completed academic years my score stays same because level of education is Bachelors Degree.

Now the big question. Is it going to be misrepresentation? During assessment which education duration a VO look at, actual transcript or ECA? And I need a clarification-
How many year I should mention as my completed academic year? 1.5 years (my actual attendance)? 3 years (normal UK degree duration)? Or 4 years (ECA mentioned duration)?

Your help will be much appreciated!

preety84

Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone, I made an error in my eAPR.

My spouse's Masters was evaluated as follows:
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

However in the EE, ITA and eAPR application it is selected as follows:
Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute

My CRS is 470 and if this error is rectified it will be 469. I received an ITA on 7th Feb and the cut off was 442. I am currently in IP1 stage (Meds passed, No additional docs required)

Do you think my application will get rejected? Also is it necessary that i raise a IRCC web form? Appreciate your response.
Hi, i am in a similar situation - did it cause any issue? what stage are you at now?

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
I am currently working as a volunteer in a company, it is not a full-time job and unpaid. In my work history, I have shown it as employment and would be providing my offer letter and reference letter for the same. Will it be considered as misinterpretation as I have mentioned employment but it's not paid or full time? In my offer letter and reference letter, it is mentioned that it is a volunteering internship position.

Kindly suggest what approach I should take.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently working as a volunteer in a company, it is not a full-time job and unpaid. In my work history, I have shown it as employment and would be providing my offer letter and reference letter for the same. Will it be considered as misinterpretation as I have mentioned employment but it's not paid or full time? In my offer letter and reference letter, it is mentioned that it is a volunteering internship position.

Kindly suggest what approach I should take.
Why would you state such employment in the work history? I really hope you did not claim points for such employment.

Remove it from the work history and add it only in the personal history section.

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
Why would you state such employment in the work history? I really hope you did not claim points for such employment.

Remove it from the work history and add it only in the personal history section.
No, I am not claiming points for this employment. I am claiming points for the full-time employment I had which was for more than 3years. So I think I should be fine on that.

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
Hi All,

I have few more queries:

1. Regarding credit card accounts. My non-accompanying spouse has a credit card account with some balance on it and we use our joint account to pay back the credit card account. I am showing the balance in our joint account in POF. Do I have to mention my spouse's credit card account also or it is not required as the account is not in my name.

2. Regarding Passport: All my travel stamps are on my expired passport and got my new passport in March. So was wondering should I mention my old passport details in the application and upload the stamped pages? I am able to add the expired passport in the application as it got expired this year itself.

All help is appreciated.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi All,

I have few more queries:

1. Regarding credit card accounts. My non-accompanying spouse has a credit card account with some balance on it and we use our joint account to pay back the credit card account. I am showing the balance in our joint account in POF. Do I have to mention my spouse's credit card account also or it is not required as the account is not in my name.

2. Regarding Passport: All my travel stamps are on my expired passport and got my new passport in March. So was wondering should I mention my old passport details in the application and upload the stamped pages? I am able to add the expired passport in the application as it got expired this year itself.

All help is appreciated.
1. You need not show any credit card statement.
2. You have to submit both the new and old passport scan copies during the PR application

divyashreebajpai

Dec 12, 2017
1. You need not show any credit card statement.
2. You have to submit both the new and old passport scan copies during the PR application
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, I don't have to show any credit card statement for my spouse but have to show them if they are in my name, even if the balance is 0.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, I don't have to show any credit card statement for my spouse but have to show them if they are in my name, even if the balance is 0.
You don’t have to show any credit card statement.

waynetheman

Apr 9, 2018
Hi ALL,
My Reference letter include almost everything except my boss's name> he did sign, but his name was not printed there. Can I get his business card and explain this..?
Also, when it comes to the length of my service , it was month/year -month/ year instead of d/m/y..... However, I claimed 1 year ex. from the 35 months part-time work, so it essentially did not matter.
I would greatly appreciate any help from you experts.
Thanks!!!

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018

I got an ITA as the cutoff was 441 and my score is 467. However as I'm unable to get reference letter, my score drops to 442 which is still above the cutoff. Shall I decline the invitation or can I still apply? I'm getting conflicting suggestions, some say apply and state in LOE, some say decline and wait for next round. What are the chances of rejection if I apply? Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an ITA as the cutoff was 441 and my score is 467. However as I'm unable to get reference letter, my score drops to 442 which is still above the cutoff. Shall I decline the invitation or can I still apply? I'm getting conflicting suggestions, some say apply and state in LOE, some say decline and wait for next round. What are the chances of rejection if I apply? Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks!
Assuming there is no effect in your eligibility (if FSW applicant) you can proceed with your ITA.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW says "met" in my profile. How do I check if it has an effect in my eligibility? Sorry didn't quite get you, could you elaborate?
As long your score under the six selection factors doesn't go below the required 67 points you can proceed.

Please do not ask what the six selection factors are.

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
As long your score under the six selection factors doesn't go below the required 67 points you can proceed.

Please do not ask what the six selection factors are.
Why would it go below the required 67 points if my CRS is 442? Can you give me a scenario where such a thing happens?