+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

ns25

Feb 12, 2017
Hi Friends... I need suggestion to handle a situation. While preparing to submit the application, post ITA, the reference letter I got from my previous employer doesn't explicitly mention the roles I performed and so is not aligned with the NOC I selected. The HR at my past employer says that this is the standard format which they issue and can't provide anything different. I left the company 9 years ago. I am with my current company since last 8 years and the reference letter from it should support the duties I mentioned for it's NOC. Could non alignment of reference letter with selected NOC, from a past employer with whom I worked 9 years ago, could be an issue and reason for rejection? Please advise and suggest a solution as well. TIA

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The document checklist from IRCC states only requires the following with regard to the passport:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Document requirements
  • A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
  • Their accompanying dependent children
You don't even have to upload the blank pages. However, some applicants have mentioned issues when they did not upload blank pages or stamped pages. Also, I believe that there has been an update in the post ITA application wherein IRCC requires the stamped pages of the passport. The reason why they have started asking to look into the travel history, and if that is the case then, the old passport will be helpful too. However, the travel history of only last 10 years is looked into, so if your current passport is 9 years old, then you can leave the old passport out, but if your current passport is just 1-2 years old, and you have arrival and departure stamps in the old passport, then you might as well upload that too.

Since it is not a requirement to upload the old passport, you need not do it. If you still want to go ahead and do it, you can raise a CSE and upload it there. Either way, it is not matter, may help in your quicker BGC.
Thank you so much, I appreciate for your explanation.
I have not submitted just uploaded my daughter's passport, I do not find the way to change it. She is 16 only, but her passport is pretty new, we got 2 months ago. So I should have attached stamps from the previous passport also. Or probably mine and my husband's passport are more important, these are not uploaded yet.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi Friends... I need suggestion to handle a situation. While preparing to submit the application, post ITA, the reference letter I got from my previous employer doesn't explicitly mention the roles I performed and so is not aligned with the NOC I selected. The HR at my past employer says that this is the standard format which they issue and can't provide anything different. I left the company 9 years ago. I am with my current company since last 8 years and the reference letter from it should support the duties I mentioned for it's NOC. Could non alignment of reference letter with selected NOC, from a past employer with whom I worked 9 years ago, could be an issue and reason for rejection? Please advise and suggest a solution as well. TIA
You can remove work experience from work history to personal history. Work experience above 3/6 years (depends on which program you are applying in) does not affect on your application. So then you do not need supporting documents.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You can remove work experience from work history to personal history. Work experience above 3/6 years (depends on which program you are applying in) does not affect on your application. So then you do not need supporting documents.
Before you do that, you need to ensure that you meet the Minimum eligibility Requirement (MEC) and the Minimum CRS score requirement for the given round.

MEC is for the program yo apply, 67/100 for FSW and the CRS is the minimum score for the ITA round. Only if you meet these, can you put the work history in personal history.

This is because of the disparity in how work ex points are awarded. For FSW, you get max points for 6+ years of work ex, for CRS calculation you can get max points for only 3+ years of work ex.

So be careful!

Reactions: vj9 and sandra02

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Before you do that, you need to ensure that you meet the Minimum eligibility Requirement (MEC) and the Minimum CRS score requirement for the given round.

MEC is for the program yo apply, 67/100 for FSW and the CRS is the minimum score for the ITA round. Only if you meet these, can you put the work history in personal history.

This is because of the disparity in how work ex points are awarded. For FSW, you get max points for 6+ years of work ex, for CRS calculation you can get max points for only 3+ years of work ex.

So be careful!
Above 8 years I hope he is ok:)

Krish18

Jul 4, 2017
You also have to factor in age, just be careful!
Dear Legalfalcon i have been following you on some of the threads and seriously think that you give most genuine advice. I have a query for you. I am 27th april AOR FSW-O and my application got rejected on 21st june. My imm consultant has denied their fault and said it wouldn't be possible to submit the application without uploading spouse passport and claiming that its a technical fault. I would like to ask you the following things.

1. It is possible that imm consultant can miss to upload spouse passport and submit the application.
2. Can CIC refuse the application due to this reason legally (as main applicant passport was present)
3. What are the options available now.
4. Is it normal to have technical errors like this.
5. If my imm consultant appeal, how long will it take and how can they prove that it was not his fault and rather a technical fault.
6. According to imm consultant he sent a CSE but hasn't got CIC reply as yet.

I would really appreciate your guidance at this crucial stage.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014

Thanks for your quick response! but I could not find the answers in your link. @legalfalcon

Follow up Ques:

1. It takes on avg 80-100 days nowadays for CEC applicants. So When I apply after 60 days it will take around a month to process the notes. Do you think I will have enough time in hand to respond to sonthing via CSE if there is anything wrong with my application?
2. When I receive the note does it give me the notes from the day I apply or the day it generates?
3. Whats the best link in terms of cost and processing time?

Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thanks for your quick response! but I could not find the answers in your link. @legalfalcon

Follow up Ques:

1. It takes on avg 80-100 days nowadays for CEC applicants. So When I apply after 60 days it will take around a month to process the notes. Do you think I will have enough time in hand to respond to sonthing via CSE if there is anything wrong with my application?
Its a decision you have to make. Having GCMS won't hurt, but as regards the timing, its always something you have to go with your gut.

2. When I receive the note does it give me the notes from the day I apply or the day it generates?
They day when the notes are generated. Earlier it was the day when you applied, but now its 2 weeks before it is delivered.

3. Whats the best link in terms of cost and processing time?
There are many third party providers, however, I recommend https://www.getgcms.com they are the most cost effective and efficient. You can read more on GET GCMS on the thread in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: vj9 and all_iz_well

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon i have been following you on some of the threads and seriously think that you give most genuine advice. I have a query for you. I am 27th april AOR FSW-O and my application got rejected on 21st june. My imm consultant has denied their fault and said it wouldn't be possible to submit the application without uploading spouse passport and claiming that its a technical fault. I would like to ask you the following things.

1. It is possible that imm consultant can miss to upload spouse passport and submit the application.
Yes. The application can be submitted without documents, so it is possible. Whether they forgot, or missed it, I can't say.

2. Can CIC refuse the application due to this reason legally (as main applicant passport was present)
Absolutely. Passport is a mandatory document and during R10, which imposes a strict responsibility on the applicant to ensure that all mandatory documents are uploaded, if a document is missing, the application is rejected..

3. What are the options available now.
4. Is it normal to have technical errors like this. I doubt it, but can happen. However, if it was a technical issue, you can file a petition and say that the document was uploaded. What does the refusal letter say?

5. If my imm consultant appeal, how long will it take and how can they prove that it was not his fault and rather a technical fault.
That is simple, in your MyCIC account you can see what all documents you uploaded. If you do not have access to the MyCIC, you can order GCMS with documents, which will give all the documents you submitted to IRCC, and know who is at fault.

6. According to imm consultant he sent a CSE but hasn't got CIC reply as yet.
CSE can take 2-4 weeks before you hear back.

I would really appreciate your guidance at this crucial stage.

Reactions: vj9 and Krish18

Krish18

Jul 4, 2017
You also have to factor in age, just be careful!
Dear Legalfalcon thanks for your guidance.

1. But imm consultant claiming that they wouldn't be able to move to the next page if they haven't uploaded mandatory documents I.e passport

2. Haven't seen the refusal letter but called the cic and they have confirmed that the file was refused because it was incomplete and then they mentioned that spouse passport was missing.

3. Haven't got access to mycic, but if he's claiming that it is a technical error at cic side will it appear on GCMS notes that the file was uploaded from our end but didn't appear on cic side.

4. Can I order GCMS with documents without the help of imm consultant? As without the access to mycic

5. How can I find it whether imm consultant has apply CSE or just a normal email.

Really appreciate your help. It is turning out to be an eye opener.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon thanks for your guidance.

1. But imm consultant claiming that they wouldn't be able to move to the next page if they haven't uploaded mandatory documents I.e passport
Not true. Because a lot of applicants don't have documents like the PCC and add a LoE for it, or an applicant who has to get a PCC from a country which will give it only when IRCC requests. So this claim is false.

2. Haven't seen the refusal letter but called the cic and they have confirmed that the file was refused because it was incomplete and then they mentioned that spouse passport was missing.
So your application was rejected at the completeness stage.

3. Haven't got access to mycic, but if he's claiming that it is a technical error at cic side will it appear on GCMS notes that the file was uploaded from our end but didn't appear on cic side.
With what you claim, I doubt its a technical issue. But since I am not privy to the account, I cannot say much. You will need to order GCMS+ (i.e. the GCMS and the documents to see what all was submitted and be sure if it was a technical error).

4. Can I order GCMS with documents without the help of imm consultant? As without the access to mycic
Yes, all you need is your application number, which starts with E followed by numbers (Exxxxxxxx).

5. How can I find it whether imm consultant has apply CSE or just a normal email.
You can call IRCC and find, or else you will have to rely on the Consultant.

Really appreciate your help. It is turning out to be an eye opener.
If your consultant registered?

Reactions: vj9