+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

salvatorexiang

Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys,

My IELTS test report is in black and white, should I be worried ? (I took the test in Australia, and the original report I received is black and white not like the colored report in Canada)

Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Sorry to hear that,it took more than 3 months,that should be checked at r10 i believe,try to apply again better
Yes... it takes 3/4 weeks from medicals pass to be on safe shore at least with PCCs. I followed a January AOR who passed medicals in second or third week of March and got rejected on April 7.

This is the thread that I am talking about..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-cancelled-by-mistake-vo-missed-reading-the-pcc.484138/

I am not believing in any of the BG status and would rely only PPR/calling/GCMS alone as valid confirmation. It's all people's own interpretation!

Yesterday too I saw someone posting GCMS notes where both his R10 and A11.2 was done during IP1 stage itself contrary to what people say here. He was tying his BG change dates to GCMS notes and found that out. His stream was CEC. I will try to get that link if possible. I don't remember in which thread I saw that.

Reactions: Wolverine17

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, i have submitted profile on mar 3, and got refusal on june 23 due to not submitting education assessment as my imm consultant told no need as i studied here in canada. I have sent them assessment on july 5 and cic officer talked to my imm consultant and told they are putting case for reconsideration but i have not received any message yet. Could anyone tell how long they take to update it on online profile. How long they take to reconsider decision and what exactly they do in reconsideration. Answer will be helpful. Thanks
Are you sure the IRCC officer spoke to your Imm Consultant, very unlikely and never heard of an officer speaking to a lawyer or a consultant, unless its in the court where the IRCC or the crown lawyer can talk.

Reactions: vj9

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes... it takes 3/4 weeks from medicals pass to be on safe shore at least with PCCs. I followed a January AOR who passed medicals in second or third week of March and got rejected on April 7.

This is the thread that I am talking about..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-cancelled-by-mistake-vo-missed-reading-the-pcc.484138/

I am not believing in any of the BG status and would rely only PPR/calling/GCMS alone as valid confirmation. It's all people's own interpretation!

Yesterday too I saw someone posting GCMS notes where both his R10 and A11.2 was done during IP1 stage itself contrary to what people say here. He was tying his BG change dates to GCMS notes and found that out. His stream was CEC. I will try to get that link if possible. I don't remember in which thread I saw that.
Every application is processed differently and IRCC has never posted the chronological order in which they process applications. Further this IP1 and IP2 is mere speculation based on status changes in the MyCIC. These changes started happening in late 2016, before which there were ghost emails, where applicant will get an email saying their application had been updated, but there would be no update on MyCIC.

There was a lot of speculation on the forum that 3 emails correspond to xyzzy, and the fourth, to something else but it was never accurate.

You are correct in relying on PPR / emails / Calls / GCMS - they are the only accurate way, everything else is speculation.

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
how are u sure cic doesnt review the whole application?

Hello all,

Since CIC does not review the entire application once they find a reason for rejection, i think it would be a good idea if we can all share reasons for rejection which we have come to know about. That way we can develop a nice list of possible reasons and make sure our applications are covered for that:

A few reasons i have seen on the forum are

- Job not specified as full time and permanent employment
- Failiure to upload ECA (even though it does not ask for it on the upload page)
tion

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Are you sure the IRCC officer spoke to your Imm Consultant, very unlikely and never heard of an officer speaking to a lawyer or a consultant, unless its in the court where the IRCC or the crown lawyer can talk.
Actually she put case specific enquiry on the same day of refusal and she got call from their officer on 5 july and talked about my case on Wednesday and the lady officer told she will call on friday. On friday, the other officer told they received my assessment which i sent on Wednesday evening with explanation letter and they are putting the case for reconsideration.

One more thing, on my gcms notes program assistant and case analyst gave me points for foreign education. I wrote in explanation letter thats why i didn't submit my assessment. I was in ip2, the day i was expecting ppr and received refusal.

Last edited:

anujw

Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,
All documents need to be colored copy. Black and white with a certified true copy may face rejection.

For your passport, you are supposed to scan both old and new passport from page 1 to the last page. Even if there are no stamps on certain pages, it must be scanned as well. In addition, all 4 corners of the passport must be shown. The best way to get this done is to go to a photocopy machine, put a blank piece of paper on top of your passport and scan it. Regardless whether a not you travel to the country, as long as it is in the passport, all must be scanned. In short, scan every page of your passport.
Are you sure we need to scan the old passport as well? I did not see any explicit ask for this. but can others seniors confirm this as well please?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Are you sure we need to scan the old passport as well? I did not see any explicit ask for this. but can others seniors confirm this as well please?
You only need to scan the current passport if your old passport has no visas and stamps.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Actually she put case specific enquiry on the same day of refusal and she got call from their officer on 5 july and talked about my case on Wednesday and the lady officer told she will call on friday. On friday, the other officer told they received my assessment which i sent on Wednesday evening with explanation letter and they are putting the case for reconsideration.

One more thing, on my gcms notes program assistant and case analyst gave me points for foreign education. I wrote in explanation letter thats why i didn't submit my assessment. I was in ip2, the day i was expecting ppr and received refusal.
That is great. Not many IRCC officers will call. All the best!

FedD

Nov 20, 2016
"A few reasons i have seen on the forum are
- Job not specified as full time and permanent employment"

I'm sorry, what job?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
That is great. Not many IRCC officers will call. All the best!
I have not told her that i have already sent them the assessment and she messaged me on friday herself that they received it which shows she is not lying. Do anyone know what exactly is done in reconsideration and how long will it take.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have not told her that i have already sent them the assessment and she messaged me on friday herself that they received it which shows she is not lying. Do anyone know what exactly is done in reconsideration and how long will it take.
If IRCC made a mistake, they will reevaluate it and set your file back in motion. Depending on how far your file had reached, as in if the eligibility had been completed, it will start from there. Expect a few weeks time and you will see some progress. It would be advisable to get a set of GCMS a few weeks down the line, just to be sure.