Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
rmonroe said:
That part I understand. I was there in 2004, for more than 6 moths. What i do not understand: The system says: Provide your police record or provide your travel history or personal history for the person after 18 years age old OR from the 10 years. I did for the past 10 years, never in my application I mentioned Abu Dabi.
Here's the rule for Police Certificates.

"You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

The 10 year rule is for travel\personal\address history.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
umar32085 said:
That's why I advise you to call IRCC.
I think calling would be a waste of time. The PCC requirement is clear. You have to provide PCCs for every country you've lived in for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday.

The "last 10 year" rule is on for how far back in time your personal\travel\addres histories need to go.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
ashu1710 said:
I think calling would be a waste of time. The PCC requirement is clear. You have to provide PCCs for every country you've lived in for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday.

The "last 10 year" rule is on for how far back in time your personal\travel\addres histories need to go.
Yes you are right :)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
rmonroe said:
Is there a way to appeal, I still do not understand why I got rejected . I provide all information requested since 2007. I don't understand why I got reject based on something related to 2004
This is weird,provide us with more info so we can help

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj,

I just sent you a PM request you to kindly check and reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi there,

I just came across this topic and I think it's very useful.

I'm just a little bit confused here. Does CIC reject the application when they find an incomplete document or a mistake? I mean don't they notify us and ask for the correct document?

What happens after the rejection? Do we have to start another EE or ITA from scratch and pay for the application again?

Thanks,
Cheers

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
L00nie said:
Hi there,

I just came across this topic and I think it's very useful.

I'm just a little bit confused here. Does CIC reject the application when they find an incomplete document or a mistake? I mean don't they notify us and ask for the correct document?

What happens after the rejection? Do we have to start another EE or ITA from scratch and pay for the application again?

Thanks,
Cheers
If they find it incomplete (missing document or the document was not uploaded completely or as specifically requested [color scan for PCC]), they will cancel the application (mild form of rejection). they do not ask for documents that you might missed, if they ask for something, then for additional documents that are not requested at the start (for example Canadian PCC or PCC from country where you lived a bit shorter than 6 months).

If they find that your application did not meet CRS criteria or they have doubts for any of the documents you will get rejection (for example you claimed more points that you were able to prove, or they identify a different NOC according to your job duties). This one is more severe and in some cases can result in 5 years ban (for example if they think, that some document was fraudulent or if they think that you were hiding important information).

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Many thanks for the response.

In the former (the mild form of rejection), what happens next? Do get a chance to complete the document? Do we need to start from scratch by submitting all the documents and paying the application fees?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rmonroe said:
That part I understand. I was there in 2004, for more than 6 moths. What i do not understand: The system says: Provide your police record or provide your travel history or personal history for the person after 18 years age old OR from the 10 years. I did for the past 10 years, never in my application I mentioned Abu Dabi.
Did you study there? If yes, then they must have got that information from your education history.

The letter mentions this:

This document is
required based on address/background history from October 2004 (when you were 18
years of age) to June 2005 - studies. It appears you resided six months or more in that
country.

rash1480

Aug 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmonroe
They might have come to know abt yr abu Dhabi stay from yr passport scan which u uploaded.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
rash1480 said:
rmonroe
They might have come to know abt yr abu Dhabi stay from yr passport scan which u uploaded.
They don't read through the passport stamps for sure. In many cases, passport stamps don't tell country names too. Passport is just a identity document.

Either he would have mentioned the country in the education or they would have found it in their background check. I presume it must be former because if they find something unlisted in the background check, they first ask for the travel history again from you again to give a chance before rejecting.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Canada247 said:
Is it true that CIC only requests schedule A after eligibility is passed?
Not at all. It is requested if something is missing or for some unknown reasons during. It could be at any stage. Some people have got request in one or two weeks from submission.

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Not at all. It is requested if something is missing or for some unknown reasons during. It could be at any stage. Some people have got request in one or two weeks from submission.
Oh, thanks. I got mine after 10 weeks