Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
DEEPCUR said:
They don't read through the passport stamps for sure. In many cases, passport stamps don't tell country names too. Passport is just a identity document.

Either he would have mentioned the country in the education or they would have found it in their background check. I presume it must be former because if they find something unlisted in the background check, they first ask for the travel history again from you again to give a chance before rejecting.
They can't find it in his background check. They can only do background check in countries listed in your histories. Every country has it's own rules\laws around background checks. Must've been his education.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ashu1710 said:
They can't find it in his background check. They can only do background check in countries listed in your histories. Every country has it's own rules\laws around background checks. Must've been his education.
I presume they can run the passport through some check in some common international shared databases?. I have seen IRCC requesting people travel history for specific time frames outside ten years, and people realizing exactly at that point they had traveled/lived in a country that was not listed in the application during that time, and would need a PCC for that. Wondering how they would have caught those things. Looking at stamps would be last thing to I believe!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys, I have 2 questions.
Can I change the main NOC code after ITA?
I used my foreign work noc code, I was eligible in FSW, but the systeme accepted me in CEC, my canadaian work experience and my LMIA has different NOC.
Can I change it?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The other: my husband worked in Germany and in Austria for 2 years, during this period he come home almost every second or third week for a weekend and went back to work. Should I mention all of these (around 50 trip) in travell history? These travellings are not recorded anywhere, so we really don't know the exact dates.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
DEEPCUR said:
I presume they can run the passport through some check in some common international shared databases?. I have seen IRCC requesting people travel history for specific time frames outside ten years, and people realizing exactly at that point they had traveled/lived in a country that was not listed in the application during that time, and would need a PCC for that. Wondering how they would have caught those things. Looking at stamps would be last thing to I believe!
I think that country would come up somewhere. Maybe in their work experience (the letter mentions a business trip). Or, as in this case, education. There is no "shared database" with the UAE. There's a shared database among Western english speking nations (UK, USA, AUS, CAN, NZ). Most governments don't shard data with other governments without a treaty in place.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rmonroe said:
I got my application refused because of a missing PCC. I lived in Abu Dabi 13 years ago, and I am 30 years old. The application says, get a PCC from places you lived after 18 years old or from the past 10 years. so WTF? what is wrong with IRCC?
Sorry about the refusal. However, PCCs are required for all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since you were 18 years old. There is no "OR last 10 years clause".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ashu1710 said:
How did they know that you lived in Abu Dhabi, then? Did you mention it in your address\personal\travel history? You're only supposed to provide details for the last 10 years or since you turned 18 (whichever is earlier).
rmonroe said:
I never mentioned Abu Dabi in my profile. It has been more than 13 years that I have lived there. Never went back there after 2004..

How do I email my VO?
If your stay doesn't fall under the last 10 years, that doesn't mean you can just skip the PCC for countries you have lived in for 6 months or more since you were 18 (but not in the last 10 years).

PCCs are required for ALL countries that you have lived in for 6 months or more since you were 18. IRCC conducts background checks - Assuming they wouldn't know about your travel if you don't mention it is naive.

rmonroe ,

This is clearly mentioned in the IRCC website

Police certificates
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
When should I submit one?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

rmonroe said:
Is there a way to appeal, I still do not understand why I got rejected . I provide all information requested since 2007. I don't understand why I got reject based on something related to 2004
Unfortunately, this is a mistake on your part. It is close to impossible to get this application re-opened IMO. I would strongly recommend that you create a new profile quickly, get an ITA and apply again. I wish you good luck and all the very best! Keep us posted.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
raven00090 said:
So, suppose the duties do not match exactly 50% or is falling below that (let's say only 2 or 3 lines match) but the applicant has given T4, NOA, ROE. Will they just outright reject the application in that case too?
Raj, what do you think about this?

sby123

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
sandra02 said:
Guys, I have 2 questions.
Can I change the main NOC code after ITA?
I used my foreign work noc code, I was eligible in FSW, but the systeme accepted me in CEC, my canadaian work experience and my LMIA has different NOC.
Can I change it?
Yep,changing NOC after ITA is fine,did it and got ppr. You can mention it in your LOE just to be on the safe side to exppain why you changes your NOC.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
raven00090 said:
So, suppose the duties do not match exactly 50% or is falling below that (let's say only 2 or 3 lines match) but the applicant has given T4, NOA, ROE. Will they just outright reject the application in that case too?
Checking if the duties in the reference letters match those listed under the NOC is done as per Section A11.2.

If the applicant fails to meet the requirements laid down by Section A11.2, then the officer has to request for more information OR refuse the application. However, I have seen officers giving applicants a chance to explain before making a final decision.

11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-11.2.html

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Checking if the duties in the reference letters match those listed under the NOC is done as per Section A11.2.

If the applicant fails to meet the requirements laid down by Section A11.2, then the officer has to request for more information OR refuse the application. However, I have seen officers giving applicants a chance to explain before making a final decision.

Thank you. My employment verification letter's duties and responsibilities part is kind of short, but hits several points of the NOC code for which I've applied. But I've given them two T4s, NOA, and ROE by Service Canada too.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:

Hi Raj,

Based on your exp, once we get RPRF req letter ( with contents that appl has been found eligible and security check is still on going ) does that mean 11.2 A is passed? And who triggers this RPRF req, Agent or VO ? if there are chances of refusal post RPRF, what could be those ? pl ref my signature for appl status.

TIA

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Someone please help me with this issue regarding translation of documents. I have already submitted my application and received AOR.

My daughter's birth certificate was not in English/French. Therefore, I got it translated. The translation is in such a way that there is an affidavit where translator swears I know both languages, it is true translation of original document. He also adds that certified true copy of original is annexed at Exhibit A and translation at Exhibit B. Then all three docs are sewn together - affidavit, certified copy of Original(Exhibit A) and notorised translated document(Exhibit B). Since I thought these three things are required, I scanned and uploaded these and got AOR.

However, I am now hearing that original document must also be accompanied alongwith these three docs. I am in a fix now. Do u suggest should I add original doc also through a cse, though I have already submitted certified photocopy of original doc along with affidavit and translation.

Looking forward to ur reply. Thanks in advance.

oldenuf

Mar 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-12-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
Tikhe0001 said:
Hi Friends,

Someone please help me with this issue regarding translation of documents. I have already submitted my application and received AOR.

My daughter's birth certificate was not in English/French. Therefore, I got it translated. The translation is in such a way that there is an affidavit where translator swears I know both languages, it is true translation of original document. He also adds that certified true copy of original is annexed at Exhibit A and translation at Exhibit B. Then all three docs are sewn together - affidavit, certified copy of Original(Exhibit A) and notorised translated document(Exhibit B). Since I thought these three things are required, I scanned and uploaded these and got AOR.

However, I am not hearing that original document must also be accompanied alongwith these three docs. I am in a fix now. Do u suggest I should original doc also in a cse, though I have already submitted certified photocopy of original doc along with affidavit and translation.

when did you submit the application ? its better to raise a CSE

Looking forward to ur reply. Thanks in advance.