+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Alexios07 said:
We can only know if criminality is passed through the gcms note right? and is IRCC call center that helpful, I doubt that they will answer anything to my case, as it's under one month, but do worth a try though.

I think I will also go ahead and order the gcms note next week since it's free.
Yes, GCMS notes are the only definitive answer. You can try your luck with the call center. Try several times until you find a helpful agent. Applicants have reported getting very useful information from some agents like information about background checks [and/or their completion] and file being ready for final review etc.

You can definitely request GCMS notes as your background check status has turned to IP. :)
Good luck!

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Alexios07 said:
We can only know if criminality is passed through the gcms note right? and is IRCC call center that helpful, I doubt that they will answer anything to my case, as it's under one month, but do worth a try though.

I think I will also go ahead and order the gcms note next week since it's free.
I never got GCMS notes but I've read a few times that criminality check starts after eligibility has been assessed.

Maybe this can help a bit:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-march-2016-good-luck-all-t400931.0.html;msg5053419#msg5053419

Bafemmy

Jan 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please we just got an ITA some days ago and i need clarification on the below.

My wife is the principal applicant and her passport expires in JULY, we haven't logged our application though.

Her passport is in her maiden name and we were thinking if the officer that will be assigned to us ask, she will go and obtain a new passport in my married name.

we have all document to show shes married.

do we wait till they asked or we should go ahead to obtain the
new passport in her married name.

thank you

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
johnny123 said:
I never got GCMS notes but I've read a few times that criminality check starts after eligibility has been assessed.

Maybe this can help a bit:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-march-2016-good-luck-all-t400931.0.html;msg5053419#msg5053419
Yes, it's normally the case. Processing can be simplified in following steps:

1. Completeness review [all required forms, information and documents are present].
2. Eligibility review [application meets the requirements of the program against which it was filed/submitted].
3. Admissibility review [whether or not an applicant can be allowed to enter Canada (includes medical, criminality and security - background checks)].

PCCs are required at completeness check and for passing the criminality stage. For some countries, PCC are needed to be submitted at a later stage [after eAPR submission], so completeness checks can accommodate those circumstances. While other checks like medicals and eligibility review can go on and once the PCC is received, the criminality decision is also made.

rajutatavarthi

Dec 14, 2014
Hello experts. Please help me on clearing my confusion over declining Provincial Nominee nomination.

I received ITA in 52nd Federal Express entry draw under Canadian Experience class(465 points). I also received 'nomination' from NBPNP.

I want to decline the PNP nomination as I already received ITA. Please advise.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Que Em said:
Yes, it's normally the case. Processing can be simplified in following steps:

1. Completeness review [all required forms, information and documents are present].
2. Eligibility review [application meets the requirements of the program against which it was filed/submitted].
3. Admissibility review [whether or not an applicant can be allowed to enter Canada (includes medical, criminality and security - background checks)].

PCCs are required at completeness check and for passing the criminality stage. For some countries, PCC are needed to be submitted at a later stage [after eAPR submission], so completeness checks can accommodate those circumstances. While other checks like medicals and eligibility review can go on and once the PCC is received, the criminality decision is also made.
Nicely said, +1

Karty

Mar 22, 2016
My initial Work Permit was approved based on LMO application for NOC code 2171, then the subsequent extension was approved through ICT (current WP) for NOC code 2173.

Dec, 2010 to Jul, 2012 - LMO based WP, NOC code 2171
Aug, 2012 to till date - ICT WP, NOC code 2173

I already have an invitation to apply for Permanent Residency. Will it be a problem if all my prior work experience both inside and out of Canada falls under 2173 in my EE profile? Or Can I change the NOC code to 2171 for the validity period (Dec, 2010 to Jul, 2012) of my LMO based work permit and attach LOE?

Karty

Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

I recently got my Canada Work Permit extension approved and I just realized that I didn't mention one of my brothers' names in the family information sheet (IMM5645E).

Will it be a problem if I include my missing brother details in the Family form for Express Entry profile now?

Thanks in advance.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
There was a rejection for even earlier 2 months not included in the PCC:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t306713.0.html;msg4944099#msg4944099

In this case there was starting period mentioned in that PCC that was later than his first arrival to the country. Would he have submitted one without starting date or with earlier it would have been accepted.

And one here for not submitting the updated PCC [applicant thought he needed PCC only for previous stays of less than 6 months]:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg5023367#msg5023367

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg5023836#msg5023836

In these 2 the applicant understood that he shall only cover his 6 months or longer period of stay. However there is nowhere stated that his PCC was a resend one (less than 6 month old at the day he had submitted his application).

You can search for more cases.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I have a question - CIC is only asking for current passport & stamps on it. What if the last 10 years history is not on there. In that case they can't verify my PCC dates. My passport is around a year old with only 2 stamps in current passport. What should be done in such situation ?

Que Em said:
Other than the country of current residence, for every country where an applicant has lived in the past for a total cumulative period of at least 6 months, the PCC should be issued after the last time applicant lived [visited, traveled or left] that country. The PCC should have an issue date after the last exit stamp [date] on applicant's passport from that country. This is my understanding from what IRCC has posted on its website. And I guess officers check entry exit records [or stamps on the passports] to find out these things and check with PCC issue dates accordingly.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I think there was a rejection back in 2015 or early 2016 [somewhere in this thread/forum], where someone visited a country after getting their PCC [and before submitting eAPR], hence rendering that PCC invalid and their application was rejected.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
I would appreciate an expert opinion. My Degree (PhD) conferment date is Sept 2013 however since thesis submission and defense was done a few months before, I actually started working in June 2013, do you think the Immigration guys would see this as a conflict or should I upload a LOE explaining? In addition say I left a country on the 31st July but got the PCC 2 weeks before I left, is it valid or should I get a new one?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rg74 said:
I have a question - CIC is only asking for current passport & stamps on it. What if the last 10 years history is not on there. In that case they can't verify my PCC dates. My passport is around a year old with only 2 stamps in current passport. What should be done in such situation ?
They do their own background checks and they will have a list of the countries you have been to. Per the instructions in the e-APR, you are required to submit only pages with a marking/stamp/visa + bio pages of the CURRENT valid passport. So, I would suggest that you follow those instructions.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Express Entry application rejected.
Reason:
Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application for your spouse is not acceptable as it only covers the period of time spent in the district of xxxxx in India. You have indicated in her address/personal history that she resided in multiple districts in India from July 2007 to October 2016.

I also have her PCC issued by Consulate General in Toronto, can i re-submit new application using the PCC issued by consulate general?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
pankaj281 said:
Express Entry application rejected.
Reason:
Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application for your spouse is not acceptable as it only covers the period of time spent in the district of xxxxx in India. You have indicated in her address/personal history that she resided in multiple districts in India from July 2007 to October 2016.

I also have her PCC issued by Consulate General in Toronto, can i re-submit new application using the PCC issued by consulate general?
yes

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
So are you suggesting that while keeping the address history for my wife same in the new profile, if i submit PCC for her issued by Consolate General, it won't be a problem any more?