+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
There is no safe side. It's false advise that is repeatedly spread. Instead of my old passport I could submit photos of my garden, equally irrelevant and not requested by cic.
What if I have a really nice garden though?

ChristineYang

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
No, this is the right approach and you won't get rejected.
Thank you for the fast advice! I really appreciate it! Feel much better now!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
What if I have a really nice garden though?
Cut the lawn in the shape of a maple leaf then it'll help :D

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
kryt0n said:
Cic have access to international databases which track your passport movements. People are rejected for not declaring all trips, but even that is rare. No one has been rejected for not providing the old passport as cic only ask for the current valid passport.
so i have been heavily travelling with work in the past three years. there is not enough place to upload all travel details as few of them are repetitive to same place. however all stamps are uploaded along with old and new passport copies.would that be a reason for rejection given all education and work experience references are valid?

if so what about the countries i traveled to after applying, how would they be counted then?

thanks

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country."
What is the definition of "lived in that country"? like staying more than 6 months? If the last time I lived in my country for more than 6 months was October 2010, and my PCC was issued after that date. Would they require me to get a new PCC? if I have traveled back and forth a few times since then (total staying time are less than 2 months).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
What is the definition of "lived in that country"? like staying more than 6 months? If the last time I lived in my country for more than 6 months was October 2010, and my PCC was issued after that date. Would they require me to get a new PCC? if I have traveled back and forth a few times since then (total staying time are less than 2 months).
My understanding is that if you travel back to that country after obtaining the PCC then you would need a new one.

Although you might be "visiting" and not "living" there, the common consensus in the forum is that a new PCC is required.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
My understanding is that if you travel back to that country after obtaining the PCC then you would need a new one.

Although you might be "visiting" and not "living" there, the common consensus in the forum is that a new PCC is required.
Yes, I did order a new PCC through my country consulate, and it's going to take forever to get it. I'm hoping they are not going to reject my application before I get the new PCC.

IRCC better put a new clarification or a new example on that requirement.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChristineYang said:
Hi Senior, can I seek your advise on my questions below:

I submitted my application yesterday and received AOR, but I am worried if my application will be rejected because I moved all of my spouse's working history from working history from to personal details form. As saw a lot experts advise this is a good way to disclose the information without providing the reference letters ( my spouse's reference letters are very generic reference letters and cannot provide the detail reference letter per CIC requirement that is why I moved it to persona history). In addition, I also provide a letter of explanation to CIC to explain that the reason why I moved them because my spouse's working experience are foreign working experience cannot contribute any points and doesn't have impact on my score. So under my spouse's working experience I leave it as " No". Will application be rejected due to misrepresentation?

Thank you very much for your advice!

Whatever employment, ref letter docs I submitted to OINP for my spouse, I submitted the same in eAPR.
I am claiming points for his IELTS/ECA

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
DelPiero07 said:

So for travellers whi stay one or two days .. they need to provide pcc everytime they enter the country ?!!

Is that the case for updating travelling destination ??
Then for people to travel alot, they wil be uploading pcc every two weeks in addition to new travel history then?

Is it the case ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eatpraylove said:
So for travellers whi stay one or two days .. they need to provide pcc everytime they enter the country ?!!

Is that the case for updating travelling destination ??
Then for people to travel alot, they wil be uploading pcc every two weeks in addition to new travel history then?

Is it the case ?
No.

Even if you travel a lot the PCC you obtain for your country of residence is valid for 6 months. What were are discussing here is when one doesn't live in that country anymore and visits such country after obtaining the PCC.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody help me on this

As per the cic website , for work experience;-

'Reference letter should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company)'

now i held position of Asstt Manager and reported to AVP . The reference letters are issued by HR deptt after your immediate supervisor confirms your responsibilities. i dont know but in my case , after my manager confirmed to HR deptt, my reference letter was issued by Asstt manager HR ; may be AVP HR was on leave that day. Do you think it will cause any issue as letter issuer is having designation as mine , although his designation clearly states Asstt manager HR

Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Other than the country of current residence, for every country where an applicant has lived in the past for a total cumulative period of at least 6 months, the PCC should be issued after the last time applicant lived [visited, traveled or left] that country. The PCC should have an issue date after the last exit stamp [date] on applicant's passport from that country. This is my understanding from what IRCC has posted on its website. And I guess officers check entry exit records [or stamps on the passports] to find out these things and check with PCC issue dates accordingly.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I think there was a rejection back in 2015 or early 2016 [somewhere in this thread/forum], where someone visited a country after getting their PCC [and before submitting eAPR], hence rendering that PCC invalid and their application was rejected.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Tikhe0001 said:
Can somebody help me on this

As per the cic website , for work experience;-

'Reference letter should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company)'

now i held position of Asstt Manager and reported to AVP . The reference letters are issued by HR deptt after your immediate supervisor confirms your responsibilities. i dont know but in my case , after my manager confirmed to HR deptt, my reference letter was issued by Asstt manager HR ; may be AVP HR was on leave that day. Do you think it will cause any issue as letter issuer is having designation as mine , although his designation clearly states Asstt manager HR

Thanks
This shouldn't be a problem, as long as the letter satisfies the NOC [job description] requirements. As the person writing the letter is from HR, his designation being similar to yours isn't an issue, unless you work for the same department. ;)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
For every country where an applicant has lived in the past for a total cumulative period of at least 6 months, the PCC should be issued after the last time applicant lived [visited, traveled or left] that country. The PCC should have an issue date after the last exit stamp [date] on applicant's passport from that country. This is my understanding from what IRCC has posted on its website. And I guess officers check entry exit records [or stamps on the passports] to find out these things and check with PCC issue dates accordingly.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

I think there was a rejection back in 2015 or early 2016 [somewhere in this thread/forum], where someone visited a country after getting their PCC [and before submitting eAPR], hence rendering that PCC invalid and their application was rejected.
You can have following situations:
a. a certificate that was issued less than 6 months ago. Then it does not matter if you left the country after getting it. are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
b. an older certificate. But in that case that certificate had to be issued after you visited that country last time. have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

So technically if all your certificates are less than 6 months old at the day of sending your application, you do not need to worry about your travelling schedules or redoing it.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
This shouldn't be a problem, as long as the letter satisfies the NOC [job description] requirements. As the person writing the letter is from HR, his designation being similar to yours isn't an issue, unless you work for the same department. ;)
Many Thanks buddy. Our deptts are totally different. I am a finance guy and he is obviously HR guy.