+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
Zimex said:
I don't think you need to. I had a similar experience. I put everything I had - offer letter, employment certificate, email from their HR saying they couldn't provide reference letter in line with cic's requirement etc. I don't think it'll be a problem.
Thanks a lot Zimex,

Actually in my case i didn't provide any explanation about reference letter as consultant suggested it is not required since you are not claiming any points for this. I think i didn't need to mention this 6 months experience in work history instead i could have mentioned in Personal history. Do you this if i don't provide any explanation to this my application will be rejected?

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
dreamofcanada said:
Thanks a lot Zimex,

Actually in my case i didn't provide any explanation about reference letter as consultant suggested it is not required since you are not claiming any points for this. I think i didn't need to mention this 6 months experience in work history instead i could have mentioned in Personal history. Do you this if i don't provide any explanation to this my application will be rejected?
I don't think it would as you're not claiming any points for it. I understand how you feel. I spent days pouring through this "reason for rejection" thread after I submitted my application and totally freaked out when I realized I may have chosen inappropriate NOC. From my last GCMS notes, everything has gone smoothly so I think you should try to relax ;)

superchi

Dec 12, 2015
NIGERIA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
Med's Request
06-06-2016 Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
13-06-2016 Medical passed
sherlin62 said:
Is dat you superchi..was ur application rejected in july also
Yeah it's me. I've been on this since July. Nothing, I keep getting auto response from CIC.

Looking at applying again and pursue in parellel

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dreamofcanada said:
Dear Seniors,

I submitted my profile on 14th September after receiving ITA. I have one question which is bothering me. My NOC is 2173 software engineers and designers and I have work experience in this since June 2009 till now (7+ years). Before June 2009, I worked as a teacher in an engineering college for 6 months. My consultant put that 6 months experience also in work history with NOC 4011. But i didn't have any reference letter as per CIC requirement for that 6 months experience (I attached only offer letter and experience letter with payslips).
For my actual NOC (2173- for which i am claiming the points) i attached everything as per CIC requirements.
My consultant told me since i am not claiming points for that 6 months so it won't matter if you attach reference letter or not.
But i am bit worried because i think the CIC officer expects the reference letter under each employment record.
Could anyone please suggest do i need to raise a CSE and attach an LOE explaining them about this?
They only expect formal experience letters et al for experiences that you are claiming points for. Any thing else is just information for CIC records for personal history, nothing more. People do this all the time, you are needlessly worried.

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
fkl said:
They only expect formal experience letters et al for experiences that you are claiming points for. Any thing else is just information for CIC records for personal history, nothing more. People do this all the time, you are needlessly worried.
Thanks a lot fkl.

My doubt is: In the employment records sections we need to provide reference letter with duties and CIC officer will look the same while reviewing each employment record. Even though i am not claiming the points but as per the guideline of employment record section we need to attach duties letter irrespective of the fact that I am claiming points or not. Please correct if i am wrong.

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
Zimex said:
I don't think it would as you're not claiming any points for it. I understand how you feel. I spent days pouring through this "reason for rejection" thread after I submitted my application and totally freaked out when I realized I may have chosen inappropriate NOC. From my last GCMS notes, everything has gone smoothly so I think you should try to relax ;)
Dear Zimex,

My doubt is: In the employment records sections we need to provide reference letter with duties and CIC officer will look the same while reviewing each employment record. Even though i am not claiming the points but as per the guideline of employment record section we need to attach duties letter irrespective of the fact that I am claiming points or not. Please correct if i am wrong.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dreamofcanada said:
Thanks a lot fkl.

You are welcome. No like i said before, it doesn't matter. If VO looks at your employment records and thinks are they are not valid, he is going to look for cutting down on the score for that and would find you haven't scored any thing.

Just for your comfort, I used CEC for my application and only used points for my experience in Canada of around 2 years to score my profile. But i had also submitted some 10 years of prior experience letters none of which was fully compliant with CIC requirements. I know of at least 3 other people first hand who did the same.

Although it might be better to put this in your cover letter explicitly, (i mentioned this there) but that shouldn't matter. The VO has nothing to cut in this case. Besides in your case it is merely six months of experience you are talking about which does not play any role in your points calculation, come on, shake off those thoughts, you are fine. More than enough said.

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
fkl said:
You are welcome. No like i said before, it doesn't matter. If VO looks at your employment records and thinks are they are not valid, he is going to look for cutting down on the score for that and would find you haven't scored any thing.

Just for your comfort, I used CEC for my application and only used points for my experience in Canada of around 2 years to score my profile. But i had also submitted some 10 years of prior experience letters none of which was fully compliant with CIC requirements. I know of at least 3 other people first hand who did the same.

Although it might be better to put this in your cover letter explicitly, (i mentioned this there) but that shouldn't matter. The VO has nothing to cut in this case. Besides in your case it is merely six months of experience you are talking about which does not play any role in your points calculation, come on, shake off those thoughts, you are fine. More than enough said.
Thanks again fkl. You been a great help. I am now bit relaxed.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Any idea how much time CIC takes to make Final Decision after replying to Procedure Fairness Letter ?

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
rubinderjit said:
Can somebody who has been closely following this thread please summarise the major reasons of rejection?

TIA
incomplete documents. Moat annoying and random BS ever.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Neo_says said:
Any idea how much time CIC takes to make Final Decision after replying to Procedure Fairness Letter ?
Unfortunately, it totally varies from case to case and based upon individual reasons. Procedural fairness issued because of say simpler reasons like "VO not convinced you intend to move out of Quebec while having applied for a federal PR program", when addressed correctly, gets responded in less than 30 days (assuming a genuine applicant with proper proofs).

As opposed to this, a PFL issued on medical grounds with a complex situation requiring medical officer review could go on for years.

workharder

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-16
Asivad Anac said:
No. Upload as much as is asked. I don't think the system asks for transcripts.
Hi Asivad Anac-i am reapplying the second time.i have 8 years of experience out of which 5 years i have in 2171 noc code and rest in some other noc code.so i have claimed only 5 years in work history and rest goes to personal history so do i have to show the reference letters for that as well or i can only give 5 years for whic i have claimed points.not sure after the first rejection

Secondly i have done bachelors and one post grad.BAchelors i am claiming points and post grads no.I am putting post grad in the personal history and not claiming any point and no eca for that and not mentioned anywhere in ee profile.Is it ok.Please let me know.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
workharder said:
Hi Asivad Anac-i am reapplying the second time.i have 8 years of experience out of which 5 years i have in 2171 noc code and rest in some other noc code.so i have claimed only 5 years in work history and rest goes to personal history so do i have to show the reference letters for that as well or i can only give 5 years for whic i have claimed points.not sure after the first rejection
You are not required to provide proof for anything in your personal history.

Secondly i have done bachelors and one post grad.BAchelors i am claiming points and post grads no.I am putting post grad in the personal history and not claiming any point and no eca for that and not mentioned anywhere in ee profile.Is it ok.Please let me know.
This is fine.

Yesuraj

Sep 22, 2016
Referral letters is required from each of your employer, it is the CIC rule.
And for bachelors you will get 21 points if you are able to get sealed transcripts for post graduation, then you will get Bachelors - Pg Diploma - 22 points.
Fyi,
Diploma 1year - 15
Diploma 2years - 19
Degree - 21
Degree & diploma - 22
Masters - 23
PHD - 25...

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesuraj said:
Referral letters is required from each of your employer, it is the CIC rule.
Not really. You only need reference letters if you wish to claim CRS points for the experience.
Work experience you're not claiming points for can be left out of your employment history, and documentation is not required.

This option may not be stated explicitly on CIC's website, but it is a tried and true method.