+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

FreemanCa

Newbie
Oct 12, 2016
2
0
Hi this is my first post in this forum.

In 2006, I applied for UK student visa but it was refused on financial ground as the amount was not sufficient. However, afterwards I lost that passport (hand written passport) and I did not have any copy of that so later on in 2010 I made a new passport which does not have any reference to the old passport. Will it create any problem if I donot mention the refusal in my EE application?
 

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
3,351
213
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
FreemanCa said:
Hi this is my first post in this forum.

In 2006, I applied for UK student visa but it was refused on financial ground as the amount was not sufficient. However, afterwards I lost that passport (hand written passport) and I did not have any copy of that so later on in 2010 I made a new passport which does not have any reference to the old passport. Will it create any problem if I donot mention the refusal in my EE application?
Yes it might result in misrepresentation if they found out. You better provide all that info as CSE. It does not have any negative effect on your application. It's not a good idea to NOT provide this info in the first place.
 

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
4,100
590
FreemanCa said:
Hi this is my first post in this forum.

In 2006, I applied for UK student visa but it was refused on financial ground as the amount was not sufficient. However, afterwards I lost that passport (hand written passport) and I did not have any copy of that so later on in 2010 I made a new passport which does not have any reference to the old passport. Will it create any problem if I donot mention the refusal in my EE application?
Do not hide any information. As part of the Statutory Questions you need to declare about visa refusals etc. Also you can submit a Letter of Explanation for the same. If you hide this information, it amounts to misrepresentation and if found out you will be banned for 5 years from Canada for 5 years. It is not worth it, declare it, it will not affect your PR application adversely.
 

FreemanCa

Newbie
Oct 12, 2016
2
0
Stanlee said:
Do not hide any information. As part of the Statutory Questions you need to declare about visa refusals etc. Also you can submit a Letter of Explanation for the same. If you hide this information, it amounts to misrepresentation and if found out you will be banned for 5 years from Canada for 5 years. It is not worth it, declare it, it will not affect your PR application adversely.
Thanks a lot both of you for your reply. I have no problem declaring it but as I donot have the passport so will it create any problem.
 

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
1,746
80
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FreemanCa said:
Thanks a lot both of you for your reply. I have no problem declaring it but as I donot have the passport so will it create any problem.
No, it shouldn't. You can explain the situation in a LOE.
 

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
194
7
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends, please one explanation.

I have my last passport in 2010, while my old passport (which has been revoked) I have lost it during my moving to another house.

For the ITA, how to show my travel history for the last 10 years without my old passport?

Thank you in advance my dear friends.
 

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
134
10
Category........
NOC Code......
2211
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello FKL,

my AOR is 26th May and received GCMS on August 1st. It shows Analyst review: job duties matched (lead statement as well as main duties), on the 3rd page Eligibility: passed, Criminality: Passed. Security: Not started. Though Analyst review has a note that REVIEW REQUIRED REGARDING ONTARIO PNP SETTLEMENT PLAN ; READY TO FINALIZE. , My BG went to in progress for the second time on 11th July, and the same day I have been requested for the settlement plan, Though I have already moved to Ontario since August 3rd.

Actually my Medicals is not passed yet, as I have submitted the last test on 22th Sept. Whats your best guess for my case? Though I am eligible for BOWP now as I am very positive for my case, do you think should I apply for it?

One more question is, I applied under OINP and the nimination is expiring today, should i ask for an extension or is it all fine as I have already applied for PR after getting ITA?

Thank you in advance.
 

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
3,351
213
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RockCan said:
Hello FKL,

my AOR is 26th May and received GCMS on August 1st. It shows Analyst review: job duties matched (lead statement as well as main duties), on the 3rd page Eligibility: passed, Criminality: Passed. Security: Not started. Though Analyst review has a note that REVIEW REQUIRED REGARDING ONTARIO PNP SETTLEMENT PLAN ; READY TO FINALIZE. , My BG went to in progress for the second time on 11th July, and the same day I have been requested for the settlement plan, Though I have already moved to Ontario since August 3rd.

Actually my Medicals is not passed yet, as I have submitted the last test on 22th Sept. Whats your best guess for my case? Though I am eligible for BOWP now as I am very positive for my case, do you think should I apply for it?

One more question is, I applied under OINP and the nimination is expiring today, should i ask for an extension or is it all fine as I have already applied for PR after getting ITA?

Thank you in advance.
My best guess? Your file looks good from what you described and you should get PPR soon.

I don't have a definition of soon - it could be within a week and could be several months.

BOWP you should only apply if your current permit is expiring soon. You didn't mention WHEN your current permit expires so obviously i cannot make a suggestion on that. Since you said you are eligible for BOWP, it has to be less than 4 months now. But you can safely wait until one month is left.

If you get a PPR at one month boundary and you send passport right away, you should have COPR in 15 max 20 days. So you would still have 10 days to do landing.
 

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
134
10
Category........
NOC Code......
2211
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
fkl said:
My best guess? Your file looks good from what you described and you should get PPR soon.

I don't have a definition of soon - it could be within a week and could be several months.

BOWP you should only apply if your current permit is expiring soon. You didn't mention WHEN your current permit expires so obviously i cannot make a suggestion on that. Since you said you are eligible for BOWP, it has to be less than 4 months now. But you can safely wait until one month is left.

If you get a PPR at one month boundary and you send passport right away, you should have COPR in 15 max 20 days. So you would still have 10 days to do landing.
Hello FKl,

Thanks for your reply,
My PgWP is expiring on 7th Jan 2017 so I'm eligible. Though, I haven't applied as I was thinking I might get ppr soon as my GCMS was showing very good signs. The only prob is my medicals is not approved yet, Plus in BOWP application they are asking for a proof of my medicals, So I was thinking that if they want my medicals passed in order to grant me a BOWp then I dont think so it will be useful for me, as medical is the only obstacle for me before PPR as it seems. BTW do I need to ask for an extension of my OINP nomination as it expiring today?
 

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
3,351
213
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RockCan said:
Hello FKl,

Thanks for your reply,
My PgWP is expiring on 7th Jan 2017 so I'm eligible. Though, I haven't applied as I was thinking I might get ppr soon as my GCMS was showing very good signs. The only prob is my medicals is not approved yet, Plus in BOWP application they are asking for a proof of my medicals, So I was thinking that if they want my medicals passed in order to grant me a BOWp then I dont think so it will be useful for me, as medical is the only obstacle for me before PPR as it seems. BTW do I need to ask for an extension of my OINP nomination as it expiring today?
You are welcome.

Your ontario nomination is good as it was valid at the time of application submission. How long CIC takes afterwards is irrelevant as far as i know.

Your assumption about medical being the only obstacle doesn't hold any ground. It is definitely one road block without which it cannot complete. But we cannot assume once that is through, it will go lightening fast.

I don't know why / how CIC is asking you for medicals for BOWP. I haven't heard of this before.
 

DreamCanada16

Hero Member
Feb 11, 2016
506
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
RockCan said:
Hello FKl,

Thanks for your reply,
My PgWP is expiring on 7th Jan 2017 so I'm eligible. Though, I haven't applied as I was thinking I might get ppr soon as my GCMS was showing very good signs. The only prob is my medicals is not approved yet, Plus in BOWP application they are asking for a proof of my medicals, So I was thinking that if they want my medicals passed in order to grant me a BOWp then I dont think so it will be useful for me, as medical is the only obstacle for me before PPR as it seems. BTW do I need to ask for an extension of my OINP nomination as it expiring today?
It doesnt matter that medical got approved in PR or not add ur existing medical for BOWP. They ll check all while processing ur BOWP

If it is expired even then u can go ahead if u haven't stayed outside Canada for 6 or more months within last one year.

In questionnaire click that u haven't done medical in last 12 months it wont ask u to attach medical.

But do attach the expired medical in extra documents if ur waiting to hear on medical extention or redo

I hope that ll help u
 

johnny123

Hero Member
Aug 18, 2012
625
18
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0621
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
RockCan said:
Hello FKl,

Thanks for your reply,
My PgWP is expiring on 7th Jan 2017 so I'm eligible. Though, I haven't applied as I was thinking I might get ppr soon as my GCMS was showing very good signs. The only prob is my medicals is not approved yet, Plus in BOWP application they are asking for a proof of my medicals, So I was thinking that if they want my medicals passed in order to grant me a BOWp then I dont think so it will be useful for me, as medical is the only obstacle for me before PPR as it seems. BTW do I need to ask for an extension of my OINP nomination as it expiring today?
What happened with medical, what's wrong?
 

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
134
10
Category........
NOC Code......
2211
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Thanks guys for your replies,

Actually I have a scar in my lung so needed to perform additional tests for TB, which was submitted on 9th July, and it was negative. They requested an additional Xray on 6th Sept in order to take the final decision and I submitted on 22 sept, which was negative too. Now I'm waiting for my medicals to be cleared and my eligibility and criminality passed since July 11 itself according to GCMS notes. Hopefully mt security should have been passed by now, so was wondering about applying for BOWP or not.
 

johnny123

Hero Member
Aug 18, 2012
625
18
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
0621
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
RockCan said:
Thanks guys for your replies,

Actually I have a scar in my lung so needed to perform additional tests for TB, which was submitted on 9th July, and it was negative. They requested an additional Xray on 6th Sept in order to take the final decision and I submitted on 22 sept, which was negative too. Now I'm waiting for my medicals to be cleared and my eligibility and criminality passed since July 11 itself according to GCMS notes. Hopefully mt security should have been passed by now, so was wondering about applying for BOWP or not.
Try to stay positive, good luck!
 

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
3,351
213
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
RockCan said:
Thanks guys for your replies,

Actually I have a scar in my lung so needed to perform additional tests for TB, which was submitted on 9th July, and it was negative. They requested an additional Xray on 6th Sept in order to take the final decision and I submitted on 22 sept, which was negative too. Now I'm waiting for my medicals to be cleared and my eligibility and criminality passed since July 11 itself according to GCMS notes. Hopefully mt security should have been passed by now, so was wondering about applying for BOWP or not.
You are welcome. I see that explains the situation. So the advice remains the same. Wait till almost one month left in the expiry of your WP if you haven't gotten PPR yet, then file for BOWP.

Even if CIC takes longer to say evaluate your medicals, you would be under implied status at that point. If you do not feel comfortable being on implied status i.e. you are not continuing your current job / whatever you are doing already. Then you should consider submitting BOWP application right now.

That might just push CIC a bit to decide upon your medicals fast. But that's just an opinion. If they are depending upon medicals and taking time to evaluate those, they still might delay it.

Either way your responsibility remains to not go out of status which means applying for BOWP before the expiry of current status.