10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
superchi said:
My application has been refused. The reason given is I didn't include my WES report.
Really, that's what they explicitly said? That they are refusing your application because you didn't include your WES report?
Reports don't have to be included, but original & translated diploma. For ECA only reference number is sufficient.

But if that's what they said, it is absurd. I'm sure they will reopen your file, like other said.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
superchi said:
:-X
I did.
And I have the green light and documents name displayed. Also note it is impossible to proceed to checkout/payment without uploading the required fields. I did. If not my application should have been returned as incomplete.
Is there any mail I can contact CIC? Please help
ECA is not mandatory and there is no additional field for uploading WES report, you had to upload it along with your educational documents. You can even pay without uploading wes report. It's your responsibility to upload the document. If you had followed the forum regularly you could have noted that many people have been refused before for not uploading wes document.
For now you can raise a CSE but don't lie saying that you have uploaded the document if you didn't upload it.
You can say that it was not mandatory and you already provided the eca number.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
johnny123 said:
Really, that's what they explicitly said? That they are refusing your application because you didn't include your WES report?
Reports don't have to be included, but original & translated diploma. For ECA only reference number is sufficient.

But if that's what they said, it is absurd. I'm sure they will reopen your file, like other said.
riasat.abir said:
ECA is not mandatory and there is no additional field for uploading WES report, you had to upload it along with your educational documents. You can even pay without uploading wes report. It's your responsibility to upload the document. If you had followed the forum regularly you could have noted that many people have been refused before for not uploading wes document.
For now you can raise a CSE but don't lie saying that you have uploaded the document if you didn't upload it.
You can say that it was not mandatory and you already provided the eca number.
I have been telling this from 2015. Though WES report is not mentioned on the EE checklist, it is highly recommended that the applicant uploads it. Asivad Anac's application was rejected because the files did not get transferred properly (Proof of funds section). Re-opening a case takes a LONG time. You can give it a shot, nonetheless. If the OP still has sufficient points, I suggest that he/she create a new EE profile and get ITA on that and apply alongside trying to re-open the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
superchi said:
Thanks but if I attached a wrong file the placeholder for education should still be visible in MyCIC submitted application. Just that it will contain the wrong file. In my case the placeholder is deleted, not there again.

Furthermore, my application fee for five people on my application wasn't refunded! If my application didn't have the document, it should have been returned as incomplete.

I try the cse you advised.

Thanks again.
You can most likely expect a refund, IMO. In this case, the application was actually "returned" as incomplete rather than "rejected".

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
zezu said:
Hey guys,

Im closing in on the 6th month mark (AoR 11th April) and wondering if anyone can relate to what i am going through!

My last GCMS notes in July said A11.2 refusal as CRS score adjusted to below minimum. I accidentally claimed points for high school diploma and bachelors by choosing 2 or more university degrees- i did not realize that only the highest achieved credential is awarded for.

This was the last comment made on my app on May 21st. In June i completed masters in canada so i raised an IRCC submitting my masters transcript, hoping they somehow acknowledge it. After seeing GCMS notes, i submitted another IRCC to inform of masters incase they are lenient to compensate for points and did not properly acknowledge the previous IRCC.

3rd September- background went in process for second time. Im not sure if its just going to final stage only to get rejected or if this is the good news that they accepted my mistake and took the app forward.

Really hoping for good news. Can not imagine going through the entire process again. I have alot of foreign residence, foreign work experience and foreign education so the paper work is exhausting.

Please advise if you know of, or have experienced such a case.
after adjusted, if it's below the invite score, then it's to gonna tough.

Shehzaib

Sep 15, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP-21-July-2016
Doc's Request.
ITA: 07-September-2016
Nomination.....
24-August-2016
AOR Received.
19-October-2016
IELTS Request
21-May-2016
File Transfer...
21-May-2016
Med's Done....
26-September-2016-- Passed: 21-October-2016
Passport Req..
01-Mar-2017
istari said:
Before you submitted your eAPR, did you make certain that your ECA number was transferred over ?
Hi I will be submitting my eAPR soon. How will I check that my ECA number is transferred over?

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
andremarques19751 said:
Hello my friend, Im sorry to hear that. It looks indeed like a system glitch and if thats the case Im pretty sure your case will be reopened. If I were in your situation, I would do the following:

1. Create a new EE profile just in case everything else fails. Be on the pool and wait for the next draw. If you are PNP get in touch with your province to transfer the nomination to your new profile
2. Send a CSE to IRCC including the print screen of your application without the education bucket. Add also the SAME file you sent in your application (the one that has the ECA report), it is important that it has the same name and size so they can get to the conclusion that they dropped the ball, not you

I think your case will be reopened if you sent the report.
Good luck!
Andre
@superchi, sorry to hear about this...I too would do what Andre suggests above. Good luck !

sherlin62

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
superchi said:
Hello everyone,

Please how can I re-open my application?

My E-APR was was refused today for one singular reason: ECA not attached

But I did because I noticed a computer glitch.

If the Visa Officer VO said I indicated attended a university in my PR application then the required documents checklist that will be generated will include the link to upload ECA and other credential.

Before I submitted the checklist had a link where I uploaded my ECA and other credential. I uploaded and move to the Next page where I made payment.

Today, as soon as I got the refusal message and cross checked ''submitted application'' in MyCIC and noticed only the education link was missing.

How come VO can see education information on my application but submitted application checklist in MyCIC does have education listed anymore?

I want to CIC to review my application and check my claim.

Please house I need help and advise on what to do next.
Is dat you superchi..was ur application rejected in july also

rubinderjit

Sep 21, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody who has been closely following this thread please summarise the major reasons of rejection?

TIA

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rubinderjit said:
Can somebody who has been closely following this thread please summarise the major reasons of rejection?

TIA
Essentially, there are 2 reasons for rejection:
- the applicant has made a mistake
- the VO is not convinced that you're being completely honest

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
sherlin62 said:
Is dat you superchi..was ur application rejected in july also
hmm...that is interesting :eek:

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
istari said:
Essentially, there are 2 reasons for rejection:
- the applicant has made a mistake
- the VO is not convinced that you're being completely honest
True, and on the "- the applicant has made a mistake" I would drill down to missed a document (no ECA, wrong police certificate, no police certificate, no original document (only translation), etc)...

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
Dear Seniors,

I submitted my profile on 14th September after receiving ITA. I have one question which is bothering me. My NOC is 2173 software engineers and designers and I have work experience in this since June 2009 till now (7+ years). Before June 2009, I worked as a teacher in an engineering college for 6 months. My consultant put that 6 months experience also in work history with NOC 4011. But i didn't have any reference letter as per CIC requirement for that 6 months experience (I attached only offer letter and experience letter with payslips).
For my actual NOC (2173- for which i am claiming the points) i attached everything as per CIC requirements.
My consultant told me since i am not claiming points for that 6 months so it won't matter if you attach reference letter or not.
But i am bit worried because i think the CIC officer expects the reference letter under each employment record.
Could anyone please suggest do i need to raise a CSE and attach an LOE explaining them about this?

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
dreamofcanada said:
Dear Seniors,

I submitted my profile on 14th September after receiving ITA. I have one question which is bothering me. My NOC is 2173 software engineers and designers and I have work experience in this since June 2009 till now (7+ years). Before June 2009, I worked as a teacher in an engineering college for 6 months. My consultant put that 6 months experience also in work history with NOC 4011. But i didn't have any reference letter as per CIC requirement for that 6 months experience (I attached only offer letter and experience letter with payslips).
For my actual NOC (2173- for which i am claiming the points) i attached everything as per CIC requirements.
My consultant told me since i am not claiming points for that 6 months so it won't matter if you attach reference letter or not.
But i am bit worried because i think the CIC officer expects the reference letter under each employment record.
Could anyone please suggest do i need to raise a CSE and attach an LOE explaining them about this?
I don't think you need to. I had a similar experience. I put everything I had - offer letter, employment certificate, email from their HR saying they couldn't provide reference letter in line with cic's requirement etc. I don't think it'll be a problem.