+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

siddhartha_gautama

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
While completing eAPR application, it is asking for employment record for spouse as well. My wife does not have Canadian experience. She has Indian experience, and we did not claim or received any CRS points due to this Indian experience. Obviously, we did include this details in eAPR application.

Why is eAPR asking for employment record for non-Canadian work experience of spouse ?

We just provide "some" records (offer letter and salary slips) without worrying much about it.

Was someone's eAPR rejected due to this reason ?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
siddhartha_gautama said:
While completing eAPR application, it is asking for employment record for spouse as well. My wife does not have Canadian experience. She has Indian experience, and we did not claim or received any CRS points due to this Indian experience. Obviously, we did include this details in eAPR application.

Why is eAPR asking for employment record for non-Canadian work experience of spouse ?

We just provide "some" records (offer letter and salary slips) without worrying much about it.

Nothing to worry here, take it easy and good luck with your application.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddhartha_gautama said:

System is asking for your wife's doc since you might have given her non-Canadian work history in eAPR. If your are not claiming any point for her work, Remove it from Work History and mention them in Personal History. System will not ask for her work docs.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Guys , My application previously got cancelled due to failure to submit the original police report. The rejection letter stated that the fees will be refunded. However since my rejection on 17/3/2016 , I haven't received my payment back. Any details on how to follow up to receive the money back ?

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messiry said:
Guys , My application previously got cancelled due to failure to submit the original police report. The rejection letter stated that the fees will be refunded. However since my rejection on 17/3/2016 , I haven't received my payment back. Any details on how to follow up to receive the money back ?
Easy, it takes them about almost 4 weeks to process the account payable and the refund based on past experiences, and if you made the payment with credit card, it will directly refund to it so keep an eye on your credit card statement.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
smallcoffee2milk said:
Easy, it takes them about almost 4 weeks to process the account payable and the refund based on past experiences, and if you made the payment with credit card, it will directly refund to it so keep an eye on your credit card statement.
Thank you

siddhartha_gautama

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Tarun401 said:
System is asking for your wife's doc since you might have given her non-Canadian work history in eAPR. If your are not claiming any point for her work, Remove it from Work History and mention them in Personal History. System will not ask for her work docs.
Thanks Tarun.

But, will it not be hiding some information that is asked in eAPR (that she indeed has work history) ?

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi

WES has revised my assessment report. So do I need to attach both the assessment reports on my profile or only the latest one. Don't want to be rejected :(

crosstheevil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
The address on my PCC is different from my history also because it is based on the old address. I had to submit a CSE but so far no response whatsoever. :(

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
crosstheevil said:
The address on my PCC is different from my history also because it is based on the old address. I had to submit a CSE but so far no response whatsoever. :(
Are you an Indian applicant?

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for you guys who help a lot.

I got my COPR today. I need some of your time about few things about Landing. I am temporary resident with Open work permit currently.

I got PNP-CEC candidate form Ontario. I am currently residing in Montreal-Quebec and all the correspondence done with my Montreal address. I am doing job here too.

As I am PNP for Ontario and on my COPR the Province of Dest: is Ontario and City of Dest: is Ottawa.

What will happen at the time of Landing and what questions CBSA officer will ask us. Which address I give him for PR cards.

Will I move to Ontario (Ottawa) right now and sign the lease.

Can I move to Cornwall and do landing from there.

Me and my family already have Quebec Medicare card and my kid is in school too in Montreal.

Kindly suggest best action for me as I can move now or can use some of my friend address for landing and move in few months after finishing things here in Montreal.

Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xheikh said:
Hi Everyone,

I got my COPR today. I need some of your time about few things about Landing. I am temporary resident with Open work permit currently.

I got PNP-CEC candidate form Ontario. I am currently residing in Montreal-Quebec and all the correspondence done with my Montreal address. I am doing job here too.

As I am PNP for Ontario and on my COPR the Province of Dest: is Ontario and City of Dest: is Ottawa.

What will happen at the time of Landing and what questions CBSA officer will ask us. Which address I give him for PR cards.

Me and my family already have Quebec Medicare card and my kid is in school too in Montreal.

Kindly suggest best action for me as I can move now or can use some of my friend address for landing and move in few months after finishing things here in Montreal.

Thanks
As your CoPR was issued for a PNP program you have to show the intention to live in you target province. A couple of members on the PNP forum have reported that CBSC officers didn't accept their landing until they provided them with a valid address in the target province. Also another member reported that he was in the same situation but already have broke his Montreal lease and showed an employment contract in Toronto. The CBSC officer advised him to move first than land. He managed to talk his way out of this situation and landed in the end.
Bottom line, a certain province have accepted your immigration application based on your intention to live in that province.

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddhartha_gautama said:
Thanks Tarun.

But, will it not be hiding some information that is asked in eAPR (that she indeed has work history) ?
Not at all. You will be providing her work details in Personal History. So all ok.

madToothbrush

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Hi

WES has revised my assessment report. So do I need to attach both the assessment reports on my profile or only the latest one. Don't want to be rejected :(
I had similar case when WES revised my report. I have only submitted my latest WES.
So far, as per GCMS notes, my WES assessment has passed.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
What destination address you give for receiving cards is irrelevant. What counts the most is where you are currently residing or more importantly what grounds do you have to move out to Ontario.

Since you have a job in Montreal, it would be tough convincing CBSA or CIC.

One way could be to interview at several places in Ottawa, get a paper trail of that and use it for landing.

Generally speaking CIC is more understandable of this situation as opposed to CBSA. So landing by going to CIC office on first Tuesday of Month for PR landing is better than going to border.

Even if you do go to border, Cornwall is a better option. Quebec border will give you a much harder time.

And remember, this is not as simple as a standard PNP. Regular PNP is just tied to a province. But Quebec is a province with a different PR program altogether.

In fact I am surprised that you were able to convince Ontario PNP and CIC of your intent of moving outside of Quebec.

Some personal notes: This is first hand info, coming from some one in similar but better scenario. Was working and living in Quebec while applying for PR, but had a job offer from outside Quebec. Then moved individually to join new job out of Quebec while spouse and kids remained in Quebec to complete lease / school year. I had job in a different province (was working for 3 months), pay stubs, driver's license every thing. Still CBSA gave me a hard time. First they were concerned about me, then after knowing they showed concerns about family staying in Quebec indefinitely. It eventually worked out, because I had a lot more proof but took one full day. So don't take chances and

a) get more evidence of intention of moving out of Quebec
b) Either land at CIC Ottawa office or land at Cornwall border.