Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haceeb said:
Ok but I am talking about consultants registered with e.g ICCRC Canada
EE is new, it's only been in operation since January. And it's been buggy, as things like the medical rejections or perhaps the new apparent late application rejections show. Consultants could do nothing about these kinds of problems, and EE is as new to them as the rest of us. They don't yet know its pitfalls any better than we do. Additionally, a normally vigilant person will be sure that things like IELTS or an ECA are not expiring too soon. I think the only way that consultants MIGHT help is in things like being sure that NOC and job duties are a match, or that the reference letter for someone with an LMIA does indeed mention that the job is permanent (probably the most common reason for rejection).

I also think that the less proficient the applicant's English is, the more likely a consultant might be helpful.

But overall, EE is not rocket science. It takes time and thought to prepare a successful application and to read through all of CIC's instructions and figure out their multiple contradictions. Even so, I'm glad we did it without a lawyer or consultant - the ones we approached in Toronto wanted $7000 to do the job, and now we are newly-minted PRs with $7000 still safely in our pockets!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi there,
I need your help.
I got request of Schedule A yesterday to explain the visa refusal I got many years ago.
I provided the application time, visa office and the visiting purpose.
Should I also provide the refusal reason in the explanation? For example: I think the reason for the refusal due to the insufficient financial documents I provided.

karinaS

Jul 2, 2015
haceeb said:
Do you guys think that all such rejections could have been avoided by hiring an authorised consultant..
If you are average smart, you can do everything by yourself. All my friends who used consultants had much more trouble that help. I peronally faced it too. My consultant was not dong anything... I've collected all paperwork by myself. Everything she said was wrong. And she was angry that I was saying her what to do...

I would never use consulatnt again. And I mean licenced consultants.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Is there any possibilities of rejection due to US student visa rejected?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
miltoncsekuet said:
Is there any possibilities of rejection due to US student visa rejected?
I guess it depends on the reasons of rejection.

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I_love_van said:
Hi there,
I need your help.
I got request of Schedule A yesterday to explain the visa refusal I got many years ago.
I provided the application time, visa office and the visiting purpose.
Should I also provide the refusal reason in the explanation? For example: I think the reason for the refusal due to the insufficient financial documents I provided.
if the visa office gave you official reason for rejection (some of them do, some don't), then yes. If the "insufficient financial documents provided" reason is just your assumption, I wouldn't write it down.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Thank you nat29.
The reason on the refusal letter said: "I am not satisfied that you are sufficiently well-established and /or have sufficient ties in your country of residence to motivate your departure from Canada at the end of your authorised period of stay"

So could you write this sentence in my explanation: I think the reason for the refusal due to the insufficient financial documents I provided at that time.

Prashant1988

Sep 16, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sep 2015
AOR Received.
15th Sep 2015
totally agree with you karinaS

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I_love_van said:
Thank you nat29.
The reason on the refusal letter said: "I am not satisfied that you are sufficiently well-established and /or have sufficient ties in your country of residence to motivate your departure from Canada at the end of your authorised period of stay"

So could you write this sentence in my explanation: I think the reason for the refusal due to the insufficient financial documents I provided at that time.
I wouldn't write "I think...". As I mentioned before, it implies an assumption. I would write something like " the reason given to me by the visa office was that the above office was not satisfied... (copy the rest of the sentence here). Be honest with CIC, I am sure they will apreciate it. Good luck with your application!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Thank you nat29.
I took your advice and did not put the reason in the explanation.
Just wondering if the refusal of business visa in 2007 will affect my PR application?
The reason for refusal apparently due to the insufficient financial documents and my travel history at that time, not for any serious political or crime issue. After that, I have 2 US visas and 3 Canada Visas (business + student+worker) on my passport.
Anyone has visa refusal before got PPR here?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
karinaS said:
If you are average smart, you can do everything by yourself. All my friends who used consultants had much more trouble that help. I peronally faced it too. My consultant was not dong anything... I've collected all paperwork by myself. Everything she said was wrong. And she was angry that I was saying her what to do...

Well said. Average smart, plus able to understand English properly.

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
karinaS said:

In my case i did everything by myself early on however my employer insist to have a consultant to make sure everything is in order. Its true that i do all the gathering and paperworks but if you can spare some money to have another people check / double check / triple check your files it will be helpful. I myself check it thoroughly but there
are still things that i missed. Also it depends on the consultant, in my case i object some of the things my consultant ask me and i also correct them a lot of time.

in short, there are things you know and they dont know and they know that you dont know . as long as you have the means better get one. the money you will be spending will be worth it once you get an approval

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Help guys
My spouse's brother is already in canada , he is permanent resident of canada.
Means my brother in law because im PA.
Should i need to upload his documents in cic online application like birth certificate, PR card to prove the relationship.
Because in cic checklist under other documents its mentioned about relatives in canada.
Thanks
Im not claiming any points for relative in canada

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
If the post ITA checklist asks then Yes. No one is getting any points for relatives in Canada but proof has to be submitted.