+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
Dear All,

Please help me, I have 2 questions below.

#1. I got an ITA under CEC and am trying to prepare all supporting documents, BTW, when it comes to passport copy, do I have to scan all pages or just need to scan its bio data page only? Or else, Bio data page + any pages have stamps, visa etc. ?

#2. In terms of proof of means of financial support, its pop up window shows me so many information below.
I heard from my buddy that I just need to submit LMO approval letter, job offer letter from employer when I got the LMO approval
letter, Current work permit based on the approved LMO and latest several paystubs
, because I've been working over an year under
valid LMO.

According to link 'http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp' supports his opinion and I'm agreed on it though, I'm
not sure I just need to prepare the other documents I wrote above. Can anyone confirm I only need to submit the other docs. I
wrote above?

Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members accompanying you
while you are in Canada by providing as many of the following documents:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada [/right]

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toe2head said:
Dear All,

Please help me, I have 2 questions below.

#1. I got an ITA under CEC and am trying to prepare all supporting documents, BTW, when it comes to passport copy, do I have to scan all pages or just need to scan its bio data page only? Or else, Bio data page + any pages have stamps, visa etc. ?

Use this link for all documentation doubts. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
The link says you need to upload just the bio page but it won't hurt including all travel information which you claim in your Personal history.

#2. In terms of proof of means of financial support, its pop up window shows me so many information below.
I heard from my buddy that I just need to submit LMO approval letter, job offer letter from employer when I got the LMO approval
letter, Current work permit based on the approved LMO and latest several paystubs
, because I've been working over an year under
valid LMO.

According to link 'http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp' supports his opinion and I'm agreed on it though, I'm
not sure I just need to prepare the other documents I wrote above. Can anyone confirm I only need to submit the other docs. I
wrote above?

What you added in your post applies to visitors not PRs. You have to upload evidences of monies in the bank and all other supporting evidences (LMO letter, pay stubs, T4s, NOAs etc) and a Letter of Explanation that will collectively prove that you and your family are completely financially secure in Canada. Do remember that the only truly POF exempt applicants are the ones with an LMIA supported job offer.

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
carl321 said:
if you don't mind answering...

1, are you an inland applicant ?

if not mind sharing/helping us look for jobs from outside Canada.. I'm in the states and i have received 0 responses..
I am an inland applicant.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get rejected for not providing proof of funds in a specific format?
I am wondering how much attention u shoukd give to this part of my application?
I have the funds, just dont want to make some silly mistake

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
I don't think anyone has reported rejection on this basis yet. Except for 1 member who applied from within Canada and CIC asked for their tax assessment forms.

If you have the funds in the bank and they are unencumbered, you have nothing to worry.

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
yelena said:
There is one case that the application was rejected because the bank statement was not stamped. The bank is an online bank. You can browse this thread to find out.

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
KingOfGoodTimes said:
So it pretty much a shot in the dark to guess it based on ECAS eh !?

That is frustrating!!
I thought CIC would reject the application within the first few weeks if they find something is missing , so that at-least we can get back into the pool to re-apply.
From what I have read, there are 2 stages which one's application can be rejected. The first stage is to check the completeness of the documents. In the earlier days, some CIC officers would cancel your application eve
Over minor issues, for example, missing passport pages. Now they will make requests.
The second one is mostly related with Lima holders who have claimed 600 points. If the job offer letter doesn't state permanent, full-time, one's application can be rejected. Again it is case by case depending on who deals with the application.

tala101

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
You'll receive a notification via email that your MyCIC has been updated or that you have a new message. You then log on to your accpunt and check your Submitted Applications.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjoy.singh said:
U didn't get my point
I think I understand what you mean.

Yes, sometimes CIC does not ask for more documents and makes a negative or positive decision right away. I think it is left to the discretion of the VO handling your application on whether or not applications should be given a chance by asking for further documentation.

Cansmk

Jul 19, 2015
HI Asivad Anac and Seniors

I got my ECA completed from WES in May 2015 and my Hardcopy of ECA report is yet to reach after 60 days..Made a mistake of taking standard delivery ( I have a PDF soft copy downloaded from WES site..) .. Is hard copy necessary during submitting application to CIC post ITA? or we can manage using the Soft copy of ECA.....

I do not want this to end up as a reason for rejection

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Cansmk said:

I got my ECA completed from WES in May 2015 and my Hardcopy of ECA report is yet to reach after 60 days..Made a mistake of taking standard delivery ( I have a PDF soft copy downloaded from WES site..) .. Is hard copy necessary during submitting application to CIC post ITA? or we can manage using the Soft copy of ECA.....

As mentioned in CIC website:

Proof of studies
Purpose

To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date.
-----------------------------------
However, you should raise this issue with WES. Write to them or call them..Even if you opted for standard delivery you should still receive your ECA !!

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansmk said:

Yes, as Sita has shown. You only need to put the report numbers for your ECA and IELTS reports. Make sure you triple check the number you put to ensure that the VO will be able to access the documents.