+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Since CIC does not review the entire application once they find a reason for rejection, i think it would be a good idea if we can all share reasons for rejection which we have come to know about. That way we can develop a nice list of possible reasons and make sure our applications are covered for that:

A few reasons i have seen on the forum are

- Job not specified as full time and permanent employment
- Failiure to upload ECA (even though it does not ask for it on the upload page)

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Passport scan missing or incomplete.

Reactions: Uvr

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
Passport scan missing or incomplete.
Incomplete?

They say that they only want to see the bio page + any pages with stamps, marks or visas. Are they expecting that we scan even the blank pages :eek:

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my application canceled yesterday due to incomplete documentation. The reason was missing Proof of Education.
I have uploaded WES reports for me and my wife, but did not upload original diploma's, so that is possibly the reason (although stupid because they have WES ref id and can access WES DB easily).

Anyone has application reopened after sending CSE with missing docs for this reason? I am wondering if there is any hope, or will need to wait for another ITA...

Reactions: Uvr

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
sam_172452 said:
Incomplete?

They say that they only want to see the bio page + any pages with stamps, marks or visas. Are they expecting that we scan even the blank pages :eek:
Could you please send me the link, where they ask to upload pages with stamps? I've only seen a requirement about bio page. Thanks.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
Could you please send me the link, where they ask to upload pages with stamps? I've only seen a requirement about bio page. Thanks.
This is what it said to me in the section where i had to upload my passport:

Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

"You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.
Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, a citizen of Denmark living in Greenland, or a citizen of France living in St. Pierre and Miquelon, you are not required to present a passport. You may present an identity document. Your identity document must show proof of status or citizenship as well as photo identification. Your identity document must include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates. This document must be issued by your country of citizenship or permanent residence. You must ensure that the identity document you present provides proof of status or citizenship and photo identification. If not, you must scan all necessary identity documents and save them under one identity document file."

I am now scared that we were expected to upload the whole passport even with blank pages..

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmurshed said:
Seems like they are looking for ways to reject applications !!
What i find really strange is that some people are getting asked to submit documents again while others are being rejected without even being given that chance...

Reactions: e-16

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it all depends on CIC officer assigned to the case... In my case - missing diploma - ok, my mistake, but WES transcript is more strict document than diploma - I could never get that transcript without having all university docs, so it is clear that I have it... and also - there is reference number to check for documents, if needed...

I have send Mr. Cohen a query to advise if there is hope to complain and ask for application reopen... I am very sceptic about it, but will probably submit CSE - maybe I will have better luck with officer this time...

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
I think it all depends on CIC officer assigned to the case... In my case - missing diploma - ok, my mistake, but WES transcript is more strict document than diploma - I could never get that transcript without having all university docs, so it is clear that I have it... and also - there is reference number to check for documents, if needed...

I have send Mr. Cohen a query to advise if there is hope to complain and ask for application reopen... I am very sceptic about it, but will probably submit CSE - maybe I will have better luck with officer this time...
Yes, this is quite unfair since you have submitted your WES. It would have only been fair to get an e-mail asking you to resubmit your diplomas. I am just shocked at how unjust it seems that some people get e-mails to submit missing documents while others do not.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
sam_172452 said:
This is what it said to me in the section where i had to upload my passport:

Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

"You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.
Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, a citizen of Denmark living in Greenland, or a citizen of France living in St. Pierre and Miquelon, you are not required to present a passport. You may present an identity document. Your identity document must show proof of status or citizenship as well as photo identification. Your identity document must include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates. This document must be issued by your country of citizenship or permanent residence. You must ensure that the identity document you present provides proof of status or citizenship and photo identification. If not, you must scan all necessary identity documents and save them under one identity document file."

I am now scared that we were expected to upload the whole passport even with blank pages..
Even though not explicitly requested, I scanned all pages that has some entry/exit stamping, visa stamping from different countries, my country makes an entry in the passport page when an official police clearance is issued for a country so for me those "remarks" pages etc. This I did for current and previous old/cancelled passport also. This was a voluntary effort and not mandatory. Why take a chance was my objective when I did it.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
autumnsummer71 said:
Even though not explicitly requested, I scanned all pages that has some entry/exit stamping, visa stamping from different countries, my country makes an entry in the passport page when an official police clearance is issued for a country so for me those "remarks" pages etc. This I did for current and previous old/cancelled passport also. This was a voluntary effort and not mandatory. Why take a chance was my objective when I did it.
It is good that you did because it clearly states that we need to upload: "copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings."

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
I got my application canceled yesterday due to incomplete documentation. The reason was missing Proof of Education.
I have uploaded WES reports for me and my wife, but did not upload original diploma's, so that is possibly the reason (although stupid because they have WES ref id and can access WES DB easily).

Anyone has application reopened after sending CSE with missing docs for this reason? I am wondering if there is any hope, or will need to wait for another ITA...
Please when did you submit your application?

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted on 04.06. ... this was the first change to the app after initial AOR...

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't comprehend the rejection for failure to supply ECA when it is specifically stated that it isn't required to upload it! Surely there was an issue with the ECA # going missing after submission or whatnot.

Because if that's the case, then my application is doomed for rejection as I didn't upload my ECA cert - just provided the ECA #