+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Marco2015

Mar 15, 2015
do you think that a UK caution received 11 years ago for possession of 1 cigarette of cannabis could mean rejected application?

in the police certificate I've written "no live trace"

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why is CIC requesting documentation for IELTS/CELPIP? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't IELTS have a similar database to WES in which CIC can pull out the certificate # and view the certificate that way?

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Marco2015 said:
do you think that a UK caution received 11 years ago for possession of 1 cigarette of cannabis could mean rejected application?

in the police certificate I've written "no live trace"
If nothing came up on the police check then you're fine.

UK cautions don't go on a criminal record.

Marco2015

Mar 15, 2015
hulahoop said:
If nothing came up on the police check then you're fine.

UK cautions don't go on a criminal record.
thanks for your reply. on the police certificate is written "no live trace"....

hopefully it is going to be fine.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
Why is CIC requesting documentation for IELTS/CELPIP? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't IELTS have a similar database to WES in which CIC can pull out the certificate # and view the certificate that way?
sure but it could be like the ECA issue, some details entered when the profile was created not transferring post ITA, and people not checking that all the info is there. so not giving them a number to search for.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
pziegler1986 said:
It happens to a large number of applicants and it's nothing to worry about. Just send 'em the scans.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Marco2015 said:
thanks for your reply. on the police certificate is written "no live trace"....

hopefully it is going to be fine.
No live trace means you're good.

No live trace is what I've got and the only thing they've got on me is a packet of Refreshers I stole when I was 9.

Reactions: doverraja

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
hulahoop said:
No live trace means you're good.

No live trace is what I've got and the only thing they've got on me is a packet of Refreshers I stole when I was 9.
Actually I think I have no trace? Either way I believe you're fine.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
sure but it could be like the ECA issue, some details entered when the profile was created not transferring post ITA, and people not checking that all the info is there. so not giving them a number to search for.
If that's the case then why are some people getting rejected and others not? I guess it really depends on the officer reviewing your case.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Honestly I think the decider between being cancelled and not is largely down to how bloody minded and/or how much of a bad day the officer is having.

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hulahoop said:
Honestly I think the decider between being cancelled and not is largely down to how bloody minded and/or how much of a bad day the officer is having.
I spoke off the record to a Canadian Immigration Lawyer who has 25+ years of experience doing PR and WP applications and he told me the most important thing he learned about the process and CIC over the years is that "If they like you, you have a much better chance of success."

He explained that he seen in case after case where the applicant wrote a cover letter/letter of explanation and appealed to the agents kind side that small things were overlooked and agents would even go out of their way to allow an application to be approved (for example, holding onto it until sufficient time had passed that an issue no longer was an issue). On the flip side he told me that he had seen cases where an applicant was rude in a letter and was punished for it. He gave an example of a WP being denied because the applicant was incomplete (and he was) but instead of denying it right away the agent held onto it until it was too late to submit a second application, because the applicant had tried to trick the agent.

The moral of the story...be polite and use what you can to appeal to the good nature of the CIC agent. It won't fill a hole in your application, but it might be the difference between a request for additional document or an automatic rejection. The CIC agent, while working within the rules, still has some flexibility to make a judgement call AND after all they are human.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Very interesting! Makes a lot of sense.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
colorblind said:
yes, mine.
Hi Colorblind,

What was the reason for cancellation?

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dynonobel said:
The moral of the story...be polite and use what you can to appeal to the good nature of the CIC agent. It won't fill a hole in your application, but it might be the difference between a request for additional document or an automatic rejection. The CIC agent, while working within the rules, still has some flexibility to make a judgement call AND after all they are human.
At the end of the day the processing officers are also held accountable for their decisions and I don't see any reason why they would break the rules. It's not their best interest to give out PR's, so I won't count too much on their goodness.