+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

shannon234

Star Member
May 6, 2015
boske83 said:
I have submitted on 04.06. ... this was the first change to the app after initial AOR...
Have you got your degree in Canada? I have a canadian master degree and a bachelor's degree from home country. And for bachelor's degree, I only sent WES paper without original documents. Were you in the same situation? I'm so worried about my application being rejected.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am outside of Canada and applying under FSW, and I have completed my Master studies here in my home country... earlier this year, i have done ECA using WES, and I have uploaded only scanned WES report for my education - thought it was sufficient... However - looks like CIC expects both ECA proof and original degree certificate... :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
I am outside of Canada and applying under FSW, and I have completed my Master studies here in my home country... earlier this year, i have done ECA using WES, and I have uploaded only scanned WES report for my education - thought it was sufficient... However - looks like CIC expects both ECA proof and original degree certificate... :(
Sorry to hear about your cancellation.

But I do remember being asked to upload degree certificates for that particular section and also being surprised about the same since I had already provided a valid WES ref number.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep - i can still access the document upload section, and inside help it is written they expect degree - i was just too confident that wes report scan and ref number is enough... so now i am back to pool... luckily - not banned... :)

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone can give us more reasons on why applications have gotten rejected. So far we have only discussed two possibilities.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Does anyone know of anyone who was cancelled after background check was set to in progress?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
pziegler1986 said:
I can't comprehend the rejection for failure to supply ECA when it is specifically stated that it isn't required to upload it! Surely there was an issue with the ECA # going missing after submission or whatnot.

Because if that's the case, then my application is doomed for rejection as I didn't upload my ECA cert - just provided the ECA #
I didn't either and initially freaked out about it, until I started to read the posts by the people getting rejected saying that it was the cause of the reject. It seems that in most cases, it wasn't the missing ECA, it was that something else wasn't correct. Examples were, they didn't upload the original diploma or certificate, just the ECA, or they didn't get the ECA for all the degrees they listed in the application.
After realizing that, I relaxed quite a bit. You don't need to upload the ECA. They only ask for it if they can't verify the ref numbers you provide or if they are just double checking because they want to make sure it's real and not fraudulent. So don't worry yet. There have been quite a few people who have gotten PPR without having to upload the ECA or langauge tests.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just want to address the issue of some people being asked for docs and some people not. As it was stated at the introduction of EE, CIC will not be chasing people who don't submit required documents, its a rejection. Now there was a glitch in the system, that CIC acknowledged, where the system was deleting people's passport information or not requesting it. In those cases, they do seem to be requesting the passport scan as it is their fault its not being uploaded for some people.

Now, the ECA issue, it asks for copies of your degrees or diplomas, not your ECA. However, people don't seem to be ensuring that the information entered when creating their profile is carrying across when they get their ITA. For a lot of people, the ECA reference number doesn't carry across. So, when people aren't submitting an ECA reference number and only sending in their copies of degrees, the people in CIC aren't seeing that you got it assessed and should have the points you claimed. So they get rejected.

For people who just submitted a copy of the ECA instead of the degrees/ diplomas, you're not submitting the requested documents so again, get a rejection.

I can't say this enough, double and triple check everything.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
I just want to address the issue of some people being asked for docs and some people not. As it was stated at the introduction of EE, CIC will not be chasing people who don't submit required documents, its a rejection. Now there was a glitch in the system, that CIC acknowledged, where the system was deleting people's passport information or not requesting it. In those cases, they do seem to be requesting the passport scan as it is their fault its not being uploaded for some people.

Now, the ECA issue, it asks for copies of your degrees or diplomas, not your ECA. However, people don't seem to be ensuring that the information entered when creating their profile is carrying across when they get their ITA. For a lot of people, the ECA reference number doesn't carry across. So, when people aren't submitting an ECA reference number and only sending in their copies of degrees, the people in CIC aren't seeing that you got it assessed and should have the points you claimed. So they get rejected.

For people who just submitted a copy of the ECA instead of the degrees/ diplomas, you're not submitting the requested documents so again, get a rejection.

I can't say this enough, double and triple check everything.
Thank you @purplesnow

I hope you are correct about all this.

Btw, have there been any cases of rejection for incorrect NOC lately?

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
sam_172452 said:
Thank you @ purplesnow

I hope you are correct about all this.

Btw, have there been any cases of rejection for incorrect NOC lately?
I've never seen one...

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know people who got rejected for incorrect NOC pre EE. So it can happen. Also, medical issues. There's some conditions that straight off make you ineligible for immigration. I've seen cases where family members of the main applicant had a medical problem that was considered to be a strain on the Canadian health system so they got rejected for that.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't been rejected yet (fingers crossed) but I can provide another possible issue. In February 2014, I got educational assessments for me and my partner through ICAS. We planned to apply for FSW, but discovered than an LMO would be required, and I knew that it would not be possible to get it for my job as a literary agent. Instead, we waited a few more months and applied through CEC at the end of 2014. The educational assessments we had in our files were not necessary for that application.

Like many others, we got our applications back in February, because the CEC cap had been reached. We immediately signed up for EE and used our educational assessments for points. We got an ITA on March 27 and filed our PR application May 7, the day after we had our medicals.

On June 11, we got a very angry email from ICAS, saying that we had only their "general" assessment, which wouldn't be valid for CIC. They demanded another $145 each to "upgrade" our credentials, and said that even though we did not have to send more documents (our schools had sent documents directly to ICAS the first time) it would take 20 weeks to accomplish.

Of course, we sent the upgrade application and $145 immediately, on the 11th. We also frantically looked around and, discovering that WES could provide results in 20 days, and my school could send the transcripts in 2-3 days, we signed up there as well.

Today, June 16, we got a "request letter" from CIC, saying that ICAS had refused to release our results to them and asking us to call ICAS and ask them to release our results. CIC knew that we had not gotten the "CIC-FSW" package, and advised us that we might have to ask for duplicate reports to be sent to CIC. They did not attach a time period for us to respond.

I called ICAS today to ask if, having paid the upgrade fee, things might move faster since they don't have to analyze any additional documents, but was told to send an email, which I will do tonight.

SO - ANOTHER possible way to run into trouble is if you have an ECA performed before EE, which was done by one of the certified agencies, but not for the FSW program or for EE!

Reactions: tobs

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
colorblind said:
yes, mine.
Damn. Well there goes that sense of tentative relief then.

Kind of wish they'd just cancel it if they're going to... even if I have to pack my bags and head back to England at least I wouldn't be in this constant state of stress.

The ghost emails are coming frequently these days, just got one, always wondering if the latest one heralds the cancellation.