+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi. Thanks for replying. Can I ask which interview call are you talking about? From the time I apply to the time I land, would there be a need for original documents?
After AOR during processing of application , few applicants got interview calls with Visa Officers to show the original documents. Its very rare case

Karmvir

Oct 21, 2017
If you've already secured admission in a full-time program and can show an acceptable IELTS score and that you have sufficient funds to support your education and living expenses then it's unlikely for them to refuse your visa...but no one here can guarantee that you will or will not get it as it is up to VO's discretion ...

best of luck

Sir i have only issue that my score in maths is 33 . Is there any effect on visa of these less narks
M worried about it

Karmvir

Oct 21, 2017
My overall percentge is 63 but maths is 33 only In matticulation i have 8.4 CGPA but only a thing i am worried from is my maths marks

hchida

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Just get a letter from the bank where you have the required funds. If this is not possible, just submit 6 months of statements for only one account that has the required POF. I have several accounts as well, but showed only one account for POF.
Thank you for your reply! I will get the page that shows all the accounts. Thank you.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Usually employers receive calls in INDIA because it is simple for them to connect with them.

However, CIC will call your employer if they don't have any website or there is not sufficient data available to proove that employer actually exists. If they are satisfied and are able to locate using google maps then mostly they will give positive verdict.

CIC will ask employer about you and what you used to do. Does an applicant is relative or family member of owners of the firm? What was the nature of work and number of hours worked?

If CIC needs further investigation then you will be called for an interview.

I hope this will help.
What if the applicant is a relative of the employer?. This will lead to rejection?

Last edited:

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
There are other 'Reasons for Rejection' threads on this forum with more exhaustive summaries (examples: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/; http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/)

But this is a summary I've put together based on some of the accidents/misunderstandings I've seen on this forum that have resulted in applications being rejected. (This list isn't exhaustive though, and it doesn't consider rejection due to purposeful misrepresentation).

Police Clearance Certificates Issues (seems to be the most common reason): [IMPACTS CRIMINALITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • PCC wasn't scanned in colour (colour scan should be used, even if original PCC is issued in black and white)
  • PCC doesn't cover all dates applicant was in country (PCC was issued before applicant departed country, or applicant went back for a short visit after PCC is issued thereby invalidating PCC)
  • Required PCC is missing (you should provide PCCs for all countries you've been in (visited and lived) cumulatively for 6 months or more, SINCE YOU WERE 18-years-old, NOT only in the last 10 years)
  • Submitting Australian PCC without accompanying Traffic History Report
  • Not submitting 'Consent to Disclosure of Information' form for New Zealand PCC
  • For some countries, like India and Pakistan I think, submitting PCC for only one state or address, instead of obtaining federal PCC (for India, I think you're advised to obtain your PCC through PSK, to ensure everything is covered)
  • Not indicating {by correspondence} on distance learning educational qualifications, thereby leading IRCC to think you were physically in the issuing institution's country for studies, and didn't submit a PCC for it
  • Not providing a Letter of Explanation (LOE) along with supporting evidence (e.g. copies of applications, receipts, and delivery notices) to explain why outstanding PCCs are not included in the application
  • Having a criminal history/arrests/convictions that makes one criminally inadmissible (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Medical Exam Issues: [IMPACTS MEDICAL ADMISSABILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Medical Exam reveals condition that makes one inadmissible to Canada for PR (poses risk to Canadian health, or would place too much of a financial burden on Canadian Health System) (I think you're generally presented with a procedural fairness letter and given a chance to argue your case, in situations like this, before a rejection comes).
Education Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Submitting your ECA Report under the 'Proof of Education' Section but not the copy of your Degree/Diploma. Conversely, submitting only the copy of the Degree/Diploma but not the accompanying ECA Report (even though IRCC doesn't actually ask for the ECA report in documents to be submitted)
  • Accidentally misrepresenting your 'highest education level' and claiming more points for Education than you should have, resulting in the issuance of an ITA when your 'true' CRS score wasn't actually high enough to be issued one (e.g. claiming "Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..." because you have 2 Bachelor's Degrees , when your ECA summary only evaluated your 2 Degrees as equivalent to one Canadian Bachelor's Degree) [In this case, your application is rejected due to lack of eligibility (not meeting the CRS cut-off), NOT because of 'misrepresentation']
Offer of Employment in Canada Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Expiration of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support job offer
Work Experience Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • IRCC isn't convinced stated job duties/responsibilities match selected NOC Code
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience is real/legitimate (maybe work reference letters weren't issued on letterhead, or IRCC was unable to verify existence of Company, especially if the Company no longer exists) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience claimed was full-time and continuous and/or for as many years as the applicant claimed (maybe because reference letter was missing some required information such as effective dates of employment, or confirmation of full-time status) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Proof of Funds Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
(I've seen accounts of being rejected for Proof of Funds Issues, but never seen a clear reason as to what the real problem was, resulting in the rejection):
  • Exchange Rate fluctuations bring claimed settlement fund amount below threshold (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced of legitimacy of proof of funds (maybe the letters weren't on letterhead, or applicant could only provide unendorsed online statements???) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC doesn't accept some funds as appropriate to claim as settlement funds (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Travel Document Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Scans of passport bio and stamped pages is missing or incomplete (missing a stamp for one of the travel dates indicated in Travel History, without explanation)
Other Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Failure to upload the original document as well as the translated document, for documents not in English or French
  • Using a Scanning or 'PDF' service, in uploading files, that results in files not in keeping with the approved file format, or that IRCC can't open
I had accidentally claimed a higher education level so logically my crs decreased under cut off but it has been now 226 days since AOR and no rejection yet when i asked about the status they told that it's under officer reevaluation a friend of mine in the exact situation as me has been rejected three months after AOR SO really no clew on what's going on I raised a loe explaining how the mistake happened and since a month eligibility is under review. Do you know if any exceptions have been made in that kind of situation???

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Hii, I have a work experience of about 1.9years. I have to submit my documents before January 17th for PR application. My doubt is, next month I am going to resign from my job and join for a 3 month course. This course is important for me with respect to my career. Course duration is between Dec-Feb. That means when I submit my application, I wont be working. By March first week m joining back for my job. I have found a new job which commences by March.
Is this break going to mess up my PR?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
What if the applicant is a relative of the employer?. This will lead to rejection?
In some countries, it is easier to get an employment letter without performing any work. Although working for a relative will not lead to a rejection, it will still go for a detailed review or maybe an interview before a decision can be made. In an interview, you may be asked questions related to your work by an expert and then they will try to analyse if you have actually performed this work.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
I had accidentally claimed a higher education level so logically my crs decreased under cut off but it has been now 226 days since AOR and no rejection yet when i asked about the status they told that it's under officer reevaluation a friend of mine in the exact situation as me has been rejected three months after AOR SO really no clew on what's going on I raised a loe explaining how the mistake happened and since a month eligibility is under review. Do you know if any exceptions have been made in that kind of situation???

Any answer :( ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then why is it taking that much time so? It was waiting for review and now under re evaluation at officer since two months and the whole application is now more over 7 months
Without seeing your GCMS notes I cannot make a comment regarding your application.

If you noticed this mistake a while back you should have withdrawn your application.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Without seeing your GCMS notes I cannot make a comment regarding your application.

If you noticed this mistake a while back you should have withdrawn your application.

Last notes on my gcms said analyst recommendations MI2 review required A11.2 review required i raised an LOE just after that to explain how was the mistake done and since nothing i also sent a request for human consideration and now last call the agent told me that the application is in reevaluation status so a bit lost. My friend faced the same situation but she was rejected three months after submitting her application

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last notes on my gcms said analyst recommendations MI2 review required A11.2 review required i raised an LOE just after that to explain how was the mistake done and since nothing i also sent a request for human consideration and now last call the agent told me that the application is in reevaluation status so a bit lost. My friend faced the same situation but she was rejected three months after submitting her application
It really is up to you, right now you are expecting a miracle.

Proper approach you should have taken is to withdraw and start over again.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
It really is up to you, right now you are expecting a miracle.

Proper approach you should have taken is to withdraw and start over again.

Honestly i was trying to not loose hope lol the problem is that it was too late when i realized the mistake it was already 5 months since AOR ! I just recived an email from cpc ottawa saying that its waiting for officer review again Completly lost :(