+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt I got an email from cic that they have started processing my background and need some documents, below is the exact wording:

"Court record / Police report: Provide an original police report or court records. Please provide an explanation of the events surrounding the charge indicated on your RCMP Clearance. Also, please submit all police reports and court records associated to this charge. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/18"

My husband was accused with assault with weapon and verbal threats. He was in an argument with one his friends which ended in a fight. The charges later were withdrawn in Jan 2015 and RCMP indicates the same thing. We have managed to get the court record from the respective court with their attestation/certified stamp on it. We tried to speak with the police and they said the police report will take 30 days for processing. We anyhow have sent the draft and mailed the form they need for the process. I have a concern here, based on the above wording do you think just court record/ court order will suffice or we need to get an extension so that we can submit the police report as well.

Please suggest
You should upload all documents you have in hand with this LOE and attach an application receipt that you got from Police that indicates you applied.

IRCC will then decide on that if you need more time or they are satisfied by court records.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: Navprateek

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
You should upload all documents you have in hand with this LOE and attach an application receipt that you got from Police that indicates you applied.

IRCC will then decide on that if you need more time or they are satisfied by court records.

I hope this will help.
Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. Police has not yet provided us with any receipts, I can attach a screen shot of the emails we have from them. All the charges took place in Ontario and we are no longer a resident of Ontario. We have a proof of money order and receipt from Canada post. I was thinking of merging all these documents as a pdf and then upload it. I don't think Police department in Ontario will receive our letter mail before 18th. It was posted on 12th. Any ideas or suggestions?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hi experts @BillHyatt @Wandering Mind
My first AoR got rejected as I had not submitted a PCC for Dubai - My total duration in Dubai over a couple of years was 7 months. This was ten years back in 2006-2007. I applied for another ITA and got one in September. I had travelled to Dubai on a visit visa. I emailed at the address given on the cic website and got a reply from Dubai Police that they do not issue PCC on a visit visa, it's only on a resident visa. I also visited the UAE embassy in my country and they said the same thing and also replied the same on email. I attached both these email replies on my LoE for Dubai PCC. I explained in the LoE that I tried my best possible to get a Dubai PCC but couldn't. I submitted my application on 10 Oct. I am now worried if this would cause any problems in my PR application? Please advice.
Please keep us posted regarding any updates on your UAE PCC.

Reactions: Colonial

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
You have done the right thing by pointing this out in LOE and now analyst will either Pass your Criminality or tell you what is needed to be done.

Meanwhile, I will appreciate to update me on this issue once your Criminality is Pass or you hear something on this. I already have few others in same situation therefore it will help.

Good Luck.

Hi BillHyatt,

It's long time heard from you, thanks for encouraging people and giving the best advice possible in this group.

Yes, there are people in the group who are waiting to hear about this kind of PCC situation. It will help others.

Best of luck.. to everyone in the group..

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
There are so many who have. I have completed mine as well. Good luck.
Hi Raz0r,

Congratulations so it just the time now to land in . Please suggest regarding :
PCC certficate - My PCC of USA is already in place (issued on 15Nov 2016) and my last visit was in 2008. My wife applied for Police clearance certificate for USA (FBI) and her application has reached their office. They usually take 3 months to process, we have tracking details of the parcel sent and we will attach this along with LOE during application submission. Will that be good and convincing to the visa officer? Please share your experience..

Job verification possibilities? Will they call and verify with every references given?

Waiting for your feedback and suggestions.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Raz0r,

Congratulations so it just the time now to land in . Please suggest regarding :
PCC certficate - My PCC of USA is already in place (issued on 15Nov 2016) and my last visit was in 2008. My wife applied for Police clearance certificate for USA (FBI) and her application has reached their office. They usually take 3 months to process, we have tracking details of the parcel sent and we will attach this along with LOE during application submission. Will that be good and convincing to the visa officer? Please share your experience..

Job verification possibilities? Will they call and verify with every references given?

Waiting for your feedback and suggestions.
1) Yes, you can attach the tracking details along with the LOE. Proof of payment (e.g. for the fingerprints, if you paid to have these done for you, or if your credit card has already been charged by the FBI), as well as a copy of the application you sent to the FBI, are also good pieces of evidence to provide. Keep in mind though that IRCC accepting these documents and providing you with an extension to submit the FBI PCC is at the discretion of the reviewing Immigration Officer (i.e. they don't have to do it, and can just reject your application as incomplete) - still, I haven't heard of very many people who were not granted the extension under these circumstances. It is usually recommended that you not submit your eAPR until close to the submission deadline in this case though - waiting until the last minute to submit your application when you don't have the FBI PCC ready is just another piece of evidence that you waited and did all that you could to get it before submission, but couldn't.

2) Some persons on this forum have reported people calling them or their employer to verify work experience. It seems fairly rare though - possibly only because IRCC had some doubts about the authenticity of the job duties, or the legitimacy of the work experience, and wanted additional verification. One would hope that IRCC has enough common sense to only do this if absolutely necessary though as it obviously jeopardizes some people's jobs :)

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
1) Yes, you can attach the tracking details along with the LOE. Proof of payment (e.g. for the fingerprints, if you paid to have these done for you, or if your credit card has already been charged by the FBI), as well as a copy of the application you sent to the FBI, are also good pieces of evidence to provide. Keep in mind though that IRCC accepting these documents and providing you with an extension to submit the FBI PCC is at the discretion of the reviewing Immigration Officer (i.e. they don't have to do it, and can just reject your application as incomplete) - still, I haven't heard of very many people who were not granted the extension under these circumstances. It is usually recommended that you not submit your eAPR until close to the submission deadline in this case though - waiting until the last minute to submit your application when you don't have the FBI PCC ready is just another piece of evidence that you waited and did all that you could to get it before submission, but couldn't.

2) Some persons on this forum have reported people calling them or their employer to verify work experience. It seems fairly rare though - possibly only because IRCC had some doubts about the authenticity of the job duties, or the legitimacy of the work experience, and wanted additional verification. One would hope that IRCC has enough common sense to only do this if absolutely necessary though as it obviously jeopardizes some people's jobs :)
@cresent_jam
Thanks much For your valuable advice

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
There are other 'Reasons for Rejection' threads on this forum with more exhaustive summaries (examples: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/; http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/)

But this is a summary I've put together based on some of the accidents/misunderstandings I've seen on this thread that have resulted in an application being rejected. (This list isn't exhaustive though, and it doesn't consider rejection due to purposeful misrepresentation).

Police Clearance Certificates Issues (seems to be the most common reason): [IMPACTS CRIMINALITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • PCC wasn't scanned in colour (colour scan should be used, even if original PCC is issued in black and white)
  • PCC doesn't cover all dates applicant was in country (PCC was issued before applicant departed country, or applicant went back for a short visit after PCC is issued thereby invalidating PCC)
  • Required PCC is missing (you should provide PCCs for all countries you've been in (visited and lived) cumulatively for 6 months or more, SINCE YOU WERE 18-years-old, NOT only in the last 10 years)
  • Submitting Australian PCC without accompanying Traffic History Report
  • Not submitting 'Consent to Disclosure of Information' form for New Zealand PCC
  • For some countries, like India and Pakistan I think, submitting PCC for only one state or address, instead of obtaining federal PCC (for India, I think you're advised to obtain your PCC through PSK, to ensure everything is covered)
  • Not indicating {by correspondence} on distance learning educational qualifications, thereby leading IRCC to think you were physically in the issuing institution's country for studies, and didn't submit a PCC for it
  • Not providing a Letter of Explanation (LOE) along with supporting evidence (e.g. copies of applications, receipts, and delivery notices) to explain why outstanding PCCs are not included in the application
Education Issues: [IMPACTS EILIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Submitting your ECA Report under the 'Proof of Education' Section but not the copy of your Degree/Diploma. Conversely, submitting only the copy of the Degree/Diploma but not the accompanying ECA Report (even though IRCC doesn't actually ask for the ECA report in documents to be submitted)
  • Accidentally misrepresenting your 'highest education level' and claiming more points for Education than you should have, resulting in the issuance of an ITA when your 'true' CRS score wasn't actually high enough to be issued one (e.g. claiming "Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..." because you have 2 Bachelor's Degrees , when your ECA summary only evaluated your 2 Degrees as equivalent to one Canadian Bachelor's Degree) [In this case, your application is rejected due to lack of eligibility (not meeting the CRS cut-off), NOT because of 'misrepresentation']
Offer of Employment in Canada Issues: [IMPACTS EILIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Expiration of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support job offer
Work Experience Issues: [IMPACTS EILIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • IRCC isn't convinced stated job duties/responsibilities match selected NOC Code
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience is real/legitimate (maybe work reference letters weren't issued on letterhead, or IRCC was unable to verify existence of Company, especially if the Company no longer exists) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience claimed was full-time and continuous and/or for as many years as the applicant claimed (maybe because reference letter was missing some required information such as effective dates of employment, or confirmation of full-time status) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Medical Exam Issues: [IMPACTS MEDICAL ASSESSMENT?]
  • Medical Exam reveals condition that makes one inadmissible to Canada for PR (poses risk to Canadian health, or would place too much of a financial burden on Canadian Health System) (I think you're generally presented with a procedural fairness letter and given a chance to argue your case, in situations like this, before a rejection comes).
Proof of Funds Issues: [IMPACTS EILIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
(I've seen accounts of being rejected for Proof of Funds Issues, but never seen a clear reason as to what the real problem was, resulting in the rejection):
  • Exchange Rate fluctuations bring claimed settlement fund amount below threshold (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced of legitimacy of proof of funds (maybe the letters weren't on letterhead, or applicant could only provide unendorsed online statements???) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC doesn't accept some funds as appropriate to claim as settlement funds (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Travel Document Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Scans of passport bio and stamped pages is missing or incomplete (missing a stamp for one of the travel dates indicated in Travel History, without explanation)
Other Issues:
  • Failure to upload the original document as well as the translated document, for documents not in English or French [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Using a Scanning or 'PDF' service, in uploading files, that results in files not in keeping with the approved file format, or that IRCC can't open [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Criminal history/arrests/convictions making one criminally inadmissible (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility) [IMPACTS CRIMINALITY ASSESSMENT?]
I have been missing one of my travel stamp while j entered canada from Usa ...when contacted CBSA they just said all entries are recorded electronically so no worry about stamping on entry?? Any advices on this?? On how to proceed if IRCC questions..

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I have been missing one of my travel stamp while j entered canada from Usa ...when contacted CBSA they just said all entries are recorded electronically so no worry about stamping on entry?? Any advices on this?? On how to proceed if IRCC questions..
I wouldn't worry too much about it if CBSA says you don't have to worry about it. I had a similar issue (for some reason the Immigration Officer who processed me on one of my recent trips to Toronto didn't stamp my passport, and I didn't realize until I returned to my home country and happened to look at my passport in passing). Perhaps, with the new electronic kiosks that you have to check into when you arrive at the airport, they've decided they no longer need to stamp passports...?!?!

For my peace of mind though, I included an LOE to explain that I hadn't actually forgotten to copy the page with the passport stamp, but that I didn't have a passport stamp at all, and then I provided details of the trip, including flight number, date and time of arrival, etc. to help them pull up the electronic record of my arrival, which they should have, as CBSA said).

If you're still very worried about it, you could upload a CSE with a similar Letter of Explanation.

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
I wouldn't worry too much about it if CBSA says you don't have to worry about it. I had a similar issue (for some reason the Immigration Officer who processed me on one of my recent trips to Toronto didn't stamp my passport, and I didn't realize until I returned to my home country and happened to look at my passport in passing). Perhaps, with the new electronic kiosks that you have to check into when you arrive at the airport, they've decided they no longer need to stamp passports...?!?!

For my peace of mind though, I included an LOE to explain that I hadn't actually forgotten to copy the page with the passport stamp, but that I didn't have a passport stamp at all, and then I provided details of the trip, including flight number, date and time of arrival, etc. to help them pull up the electronic record of my arrival, which they should have, as CBSA said).

If you're still very worried about it, you could upload a CSE with a similar Letter of Explanation.
Would you be able to send me any format of Loe with your details removed !! That would be helpful... thank you very much for detailed reply

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Would you be able to send me any format of Loe with your details removed !! That would be helpful... thank you very much for detailed reply
Please see letter below. I attached all of my passport pages, including the blank ones, to show I hadn't just overlooked the stamp, but I suspect this was overkill and you don't have to do this. Please note that my writing tends to be flowery (I like to ensure I'm getting the right tone across), so feel free to edit as you see fit, to suit your own style. Don't forget to actually sign the letter if you can; this lends an air of professionalism to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Applicant's Address - Address Line 1]
[Applicant's Address - Address Line 2]
[Applicant's Address - Address Line 3]

[Date of Letter]

[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 1]
[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 2]
[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 3]

Re: Letter of Explanation Regarding "Missing" Passport Stamp

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your time and consideration, thus far, in reviewing my application for permanent residency.

In copying all non-blank pages of my current passport for the purposes of completing my Permanent Resident Application, I became aware that there is no ‘entry stamp’ for my arrival in [Port of Entry], Canada on [Arrival Date] for [purpose of visit] (I departed on [Departure Date]). Unfortunately, I did not review my passport upon it being returned to me and receiving approval from the Immigration Officer to continue on through the airport, so did not realize this before now.

I am uncertain as to whether this was an error in processing my arrival, or whether Immigration Services no longer stamps passports upon entry into the country under certain circumstances.

I wanted to provide clarification, through this letter, that I did not forget to include a copy of this stamp and page in my passport, and that there is, in fact, no stamp at all. I have, therefore, attached, with this letter, copies of all [# of total passport pages] pages in my passport, blank or otherwise, as evidence of this.

However, I am confident that my legal entry into the country was captured in other ways (for example, I scanned my passport at an Immigration kiosk upon arrival at the airport), and humbly ask that you accommodate me by seeking out these records, if needed, in order to satisfy my application.

For ease in locating the record, I would have arrived on [Airline and Flight Number] departing from [Departure City] ([Departure Airport]) and arriving in [Port of Entry], Canada ([Arrival Airport]) between [Arrival Timeframe] (Toronto time) on [Arrival Date].

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and, again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

[Applicant's Name]
(Passport #: [Applicant's Passport Number])

Phone (Cell): [Applicant's Phone Number]
Email: [Applicant's Email Address]

Enclosures

Reactions: Catpaws14

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
Please see letter below. I attached all of my passport pages, including the blank ones, to show I hadn't just overlooked the stamp, but I suspect this was overkill and you don't have to do this. Please note that my writing tends to be flowery (I like to ensure I'm getting the right tone across), so feel free to edit as you see fit, to suit your own style. Don't forget to actually sign the letter if you can; this lends an air of professionalism to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Applicant's Address - Address Line 1]
[Applicant's Address - Address Line 2]
[Applicant's Address - Address Line 3]

[Date of Letter]

[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 1]
[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 2]
[Address of Local Canadian Embassy/Consulate - Address Line 3]

Re: Letter of Explanation Regarding "Missing" Passport Stamp

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your time and consideration, thus far, in reviewing my application for permanent residency.

In copying all non-blank pages of my current passport for the purposes of completing my Permanent Resident Application, I became aware that there is no ‘entry stamp’ for my arrival in [Port of Entry], Canada on [Arrival Date] for [purpose of visit] (I departed on [Departure Date]). Unfortunately, I did not review my passport upon it being returned to me and receiving approval from the Immigration Officer to continue on through the airport, so did not realize this before now.

I am uncertain as to whether this was an error in processing my arrival, or whether Immigration Services no longer stamps passports upon entry into the country under certain circumstances.

I wanted to provide clarification, through this letter, that I did not forget to include a copy of this stamp and page in my passport, and that there is, in fact, no stamp at all. I have, therefore, attached, with this letter, copies of all [# of total passport pages] pages in my passport, blank or otherwise, as evidence of this.

However, I am confident that my legal entry into the country was captured in other ways (for example, I scanned my passport at an Immigration kiosk upon arrival at the airport), and humbly ask that you accommodate me by seeking out these records, if needed, in order to satisfy my application.

For ease in locating the record, I would have arrived on [Airline and Flight Number] departing from [Departure City] ([Departure Airport]) and arriving in [Port of Entry], Canada ([Arrival Airport]) between [Arrival Timeframe] (Toronto time) on [Arrival Date].

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and, again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

[Applicant's Name]
(Passport #: [Applicant's Passport Number])

Phone (Cell): [Applicant's Phone Number]
Email: [Applicant's Email Address]

Enclosures
Sure i will chnge according to my needs and take this as reference ...thank you very very much..