+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Honestly i was trying to not loose hope lol the problem is that it was too late when i realized the mistake it was already 5 months since AOR ! I just recived an email from cpc ottawa saying that its waiting for officer review again Completly lost :(
As Delpiero07 said, you should have taken the appropriate action once you noticed the problem. Then you would have saved on time. But yes, its your PR App so its your decision. Good luck.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
As Delpiero07 said, you should have taken the appropriate action once you noticed the problem. Then you would have saved on time. But yes, its your PR App so its your decision. Good luck.
Once again when I noticed that it was already five months process how can you withdrawn at this stage?

slyman

Jul 14, 2017
Hi all. Thanks for all the information you provide on this forum. I submitted my application on 25th Oct 17and got AOR same day. I just noticed that my spouse used my name as one of her names on our sons birth certificate.

The issue here is that we answered no to the question about her having used other names previously while filling the eAPR. So my questions are:

1. Should i be worried about facing problems with our application because of this and can it lead to a rejection or refusal?

2. Is there a way i can nip this issue in the bud by raising a cse? If yes, what documents may i present. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
You raise a CSE, simple.
Dear @delpiero
SIr i m really getting skeptic due to dealy in my application...infact everything was perfectly lodged...MY aor is 16 sep and i am at NA2 since 29 sept...i ve mailed them three times but they always reply me that my application is still at CIO sydney and has not been transferred to LVO yet...i dont know what could be reason of such delay...i feel my elegibility is still being checked but do they take so much tiem for this??i also contacted to my past employer he says he did not get any call or visit of any personal... can you plz spotlight wat could be possible reason of this???or shall i call them directly???

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
There are other 'Reasons for Rejection' threads on this forum with more exhaustive summaries (examples: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/; http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/)

But this is a summary I've put together based on some of the accidents/misunderstandings I've seen on this forum that have resulted in applications being rejected. (This list isn't exhaustive though, and it doesn't consider rejection due to purposeful misrepresentation).

Police Clearance Certificates Issues (seems to be the most common reason): [IMPACTS CRIMINALITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • PCC wasn't scanned in colour (colour scan should be used, even if original PCC is issued in black and white)
  • PCC doesn't cover all dates applicant was in country (PCC was issued before applicant departed country, or applicant went back for a short visit after PCC is issued thereby invalidating PCC)
  • Required PCC is missing (you should provide PCCs for all countries you've been in (visited and lived) cumulatively for 6 months or more, SINCE YOU WERE 18-years-old, NOT only in the last 10 years)
  • Submitting Australian PCC without accompanying Traffic History Report
  • Not submitting 'Consent to Disclosure of Information' form for New Zealand PCC
  • For some countries, like India and Pakistan I think, submitting PCC for only one state or address, instead of obtaining federal PCC (for India, I think you're advised to obtain your PCC through PSK, to ensure everything is covered)
  • Not indicating {by correspondence} on distance learning educational qualifications, thereby leading IRCC to think you were physically in the issuing institution's country for studies, and didn't submit a PCC for it
  • Not providing a Letter of Explanation (LOE) along with supporting evidence (e.g. copies of applications, receipts, and delivery notices) to explain why outstanding PCCs are not included in the application
  • Having a criminal history/arrests/convictions that makes one criminally inadmissible (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Medical Exam Issues: [IMPACTS MEDICAL ADMISSABILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Medical Exam reveals condition that makes one inadmissible to Canada for PR (poses risk to Canadian health, or would place too much of a financial burden on Canadian Health System) (I think you're generally presented with a procedural fairness letter and given a chance to argue your case, in situations like this, before a rejection comes).
Education Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Submitting your ECA Report under the 'Proof of Education' Section but not the copy of your Degree/Diploma. Conversely, submitting only the copy of the Degree/Diploma but not the accompanying ECA Report (even though IRCC doesn't actually ask for the ECA report in documents to be submitted)
  • Accidentally misrepresenting your 'highest education level' and claiming more points for Education than you should have, resulting in the issuance of an ITA when your 'true' CRS score wasn't actually high enough to be issued one (e.g. claiming "Two or more certificates, diplomas, degrees..." because you have 2 Bachelor's Degrees , when your ECA summary only evaluated your 2 Degrees as equivalent to one Canadian Bachelor's Degree) [In this case, your application is rejected due to lack of eligibility (not meeting the CRS cut-off), NOT because of 'misrepresentation']
Offer of Employment in Canada Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • Expiration of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to support job offer
Work Experience Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
  • IRCC isn't convinced stated job duties/responsibilities match selected NOC Code
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience is real/legitimate (maybe work reference letters weren't issued on letterhead, or IRCC was unable to verify existence of Company, especially if the Company no longer exists) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced work experience claimed was full-time and continuous and/or for as many years as the applicant claimed (maybe because reference letter was missing some required information such as effective dates of employment, or confirmation of full-time status) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Proof of Funds Issues: [IMPACTS ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT?]
(I've seen accounts of being rejected for Proof of Funds Issues, but never seen a clear reason as to what the real problem was, resulting in the rejection):
  • Exchange Rate fluctuations bring claimed settlement fund amount below threshold (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC isn't convinced of legitimacy of proof of funds (maybe the letters weren't on letterhead, or applicant could only provide unendorsed online statements???) (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
  • IRCC doesn't accept some funds as appropriate to claim as settlement funds (haven't seen any official cases of this, but we assume it's a possibility)
Travel Document Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Scans of passport bio and stamped pages is missing or incomplete (missing a stamp for one of the travel dates indicated in Travel History, without explanation)
Other Issues: [IMPACTS COMPLETENESS CHECK?]
  • Failure to upload the original document as well as the translated document, for documents not in English or French
  • Using a Scanning or 'PDF' service, in uploading files, that results in files not in keeping with the approved file format, or that IRCC can't open

For the New Zealand PCC the applicant now has to request the PCC themselves (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp) I sent my application before this change and received a message from CiC to go after this PCC myself, it is quite simple to get it though from the New Zealand Ministry of Affairs website.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

slyman

Jul 14, 2017
Hi all. Thanks for all the information you provide on this forum. I submitted my application on 25th Oct 17and got AOR same day. I just noticed that my spouse used my name as one of her names on our sons birth certificate.

The issue here is that we answered no to the question about her having used other names previously while filling the eAPR. So my questions are:

1. Should i be worried about facing problems with our application because of this and can it lead to a rejection or refusal?

2. Is there a way i can nip this issue in the bud by raising a cse? If yes, what documents may i present. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Somebody please say something about this post. My thoughts are to send in the affidavit of same person and a newspaper publication. Please help share opinion

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hello Members,

I was scanning my documents to submit my e-PR application, with regards to "Passports/Travel Documents do I need to scan the whole 36 pages as of Passport booklet please suggest. Also for Proof of English test there is No option.

@Wandering Mind or @bill hyatt suggest

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello Members,

I was scanning my documents to submit my e-PR application, with regards to "Passports/Travel Documents do I need to scan the whole 36 pages as of Passport booklet please suggest. Also for Proof of English test there is No option.

@Wandering Mind or @bill hyatt suggest
You only need to scan the biography page and any pages with stamps/visas/info on them (i.e. you don't have to scan and upload blank pages). There is no special section to upload your Language Test Results; most persons just include this with their educational documents (copy of credential and equivalent WES report)

Reactions: Nobatia

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
You only need to scan the biography page and any pages with stamps/visas/info on them (i.e. you don't have to scan and upload blank pages). There is no special section to upload your Language Test Results; most persons just include this with their educational documents (copy of credential and equivalent WES report)
Thanks crescent_jam..appreciate you response and valuable advice

seeramzan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Dears,

need your valuable advises. My wife is principal applicant.

She has 3 years of experience, while she left her job in 2014 as she moved with me to a gulf country due to my job and after that she was not able to continue her job.

Would it create any issue for our PR as she is not doing a job

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Somebody please say something about this post. My thoughts are to send in the affidavit of same person and a newspaper publication. Please help share opinion
You can provide an notarised affidavit for the one and same person, if the name change is done thru proper documentation provide that too. Mention the case in a loe and send this through cse. Affidavit should be made by her. There won't be an issuem