29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
g126 said:
Normally no... but in you case it seems strange...

So if you're first became qualified to do a job after your ITA, what kind of Work Exp are you claiming you had previous to ITA? To me that's a red flag, but would be nice to hear what other have to say about that...
you got him all wrong.. he means he answered differently in the profile compared to the eAPR

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maged_mmh said:
you got him all wrong.. he means he answered differently in the profile compared to the eAPR
Your profile becomes your eAPR in that sense. You can freely change the information up to you AOR so long as you remain eligible and don't fall below the CRS cut off... The idea is that you can correct any mistakes you may have made before ITA.

My point is this, if he ONLY became qualified to do his job after ITA, what's IRCC going to think about his WE before ITA? If he was't qualified to do whatever he was doing before ITA how is he going to meet eligibility requirements of a minimum 1 year skilled work for any of the economic streams?

I suppose a good explanation in a LoE stating that he changed the date as per the instructions on the application that state something like 'you should put you graduation data for unregulated professions here', but in his home country he was fully qualified to gain the WE he did... MIGHT WORK - But would like to hear from others if this would work.

adanac_ati

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hi Experts,

I have a doubt . I did submit my eAPR recently. There are a couple of documents : Marriage certificate & my Child's birth certificate; these are in dual language. i.e Local indian language + English.

Since the document has both languages; i did not translate these 2 docs in English. I only uplaoded the original documents in eAPR.

Is it ok ? OR will this be rejected as the document is not in English-only ?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
g126 said:
Your profile becomes your eAPR in that sense. You can freely change the information up to you AOR so long as you remain eligible and don't fall below the CRS cut off... The idea is that you can correct any mistakes you may have made before ITA.

My point is this, if he ONLY became qualified to do his job after ITA, what's IRCC going to think about his WE before ITA? If he was't qualified to do whatever he was doing before ITA how is he going to meet eligibility requirements of a minimum 1 year skilled work for any of the economic streams?

I suppose a good explanation in a LoE stating that he changed the date as per the instructions on the application that state something like 'you should put you graduation data for unregulated professions here', but in his home country he was fully qualified to gain the WE he did... MIGHT WORK - But would like to hear from others if this would work.
not for everything.. I've seen cases not able to change primary NOC unless they decline the ITA
also you can't add a wife for ex. unless you maintain the CRS cutoff

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
adanac_ati said:
Hi Experts,

I have a doubt . I did submit my eAPR recently. There are a couple of documents : Marriage certificate & my Child's birth certificate; these are in dual language. i.e Local indian language + English.

Since the document has both languages; i did not translate these 2 docs in English. I only uplaoded the original documents in eAPR.

Is it ok ? OR will this be rejected as the document is not in English-only ?
that's totally fine.. not need for a translation

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maged_mmh said:
not for everything.. I've seen cases not able to change primary NOC ...
True, I think you can't change your name as well... there a few things that are fixed, but most you can change and it's advisable to give your profile a good overhaul make sure everything is correct and best aligned to you current situation as possible.

maged_mmh said:
also you can't add a wife for ex. unless you maintain the CRS cutoff
Indeed, that's precisely why I said - so long as you remain eligible and don't fall below the CRS cut off ;)

We still haven't addressed the issue of claiming WE whilst not qualified to do so... @uppperkut I suggest you also ask this in Stanlee's Post ITA thread.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
g126 said:
True, I think you can't change your name as well... there a few things that are fixed, but most you can change and it's advisable to give your profile a good overhaul make sure everything is correct and best aligned to you current situation as possible.

Indeed, that's precisely why I said - so long as you remain eligible and don't fall below the CRS cut off ;)

We still haven't addressed the issue of claiming WE whilst not qualified to do so... @uppperkut I suggest you also ask this in Stanlee's Post ITA thread.
I think he's safe provided that all claimed WE is relevant to his grad studies.. only fear of misinterpretation if he claims experience not relevant to his degree

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
rajkamalmohanram said:
You should be fine if you have raised a CSE and explained this.
Thank you so much!

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Dear Seniors,

Need a quick help. I submitted my application yesterday and got AOR.

Under Work History/Occupation: "Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation". I answered to this question before ITA as 2007-November but while submitting I corrected it to 2007-June. Should I raise CSE and explain that I misunderstood pre-ITA or ?

Please help.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
maged_mmh said:
just beware of falling in misinterpretation

you did the right thing however
I am in same boat, submitted yesterday and got AOR.
Do I need to raise CSE for this or is it ok to correct details post-ITA which doesnt affect the eligibility and CRS?

Please suggest.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
While we are on the topic of Qualification date...

in my NOC it is written
"For most occupations in this unit group, completion of a college or university program in broadcasting, theatre arts or a related field
and Several years of experience in a related support or assisting occupation in motion pictures, broadcasting or the performing arts are required."

does it mean that the date of my BA graduation cannot be put as the date when first qualified? :-[

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
hello everyone..I am preparing my documents for submitting Eapr.. i have started my full time work two month before my graduation as i was doing final year internship with a company and they recruited me directly from that.
1. So my questions is should it create any problem as i started full time work before graduation? i have all the documents though.

2. My undergrad ended on October of 2013 but my certificate was issued nearly after six months. So i have put October 2013 on the section "the day you obtained qualification for working professionally". Is it okay ? as far as i know all universities worldwide issues certificate after few months from graduation date. and it's also mentioned on my certificate that "Mr. X has completed all the requirement of the degree in Fall 2013...".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
maged_mmh said:
I think he's safe provided that all claimed WE is relevant to his grad studies.. only fear of misinterpretation if he claims experience not relevant to his degree
I'll just explain it in my LoE why I made the change. Before ITA, I chose to go with the safer option which is the date of the first job I'm claiming points for, since my degree is not related to the NOC code.

To further explain my situation, I'm applying for 5241 (Graphic Designers and Illustrators) but I have a CS degree. I always worked as a graphic/web designer since graduation. Part of the duration was freelancing, but I'm not claiming any points for that.

If you check the minimum work experience requirements on the FSW page, it says that I do not need to demonstrate that I have the employment requirements (which include education). This probably only applies to professions like doctors or engineers, which is why they ask you about the date you first became qualified in the first place.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

Every single article/post I've read mentions that what matters in the end are the tasks and duties. Mine are best suited to 5241.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
g126 said:
Normally no... but in you case it seems strange...

So if you're first became qualified to do a job after your ITA, what kind of Work Exp are you claiming you had previous to ITA? To me that's a red flag, but would be nice to hear what other have to say about that...
In addition to my reply above, I'm also explaining further below:

I graduated in Sep 2011, freelanced until I landed my first full-time job in Nov 2012.

I'm claiming points from Nov 2012 to date. I chose that date before I got my ITA as the date I first became qualified. I'm now thinking of changing it to the date of graduation.

My NOC code, amount of work experience, exact start/end dates of my jobs are all the same before and after getting the ITA.