Reasons for Rejection

traveler982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AjayBejavada said:
Hi,

Would be needing your help in filling out Personal History - Statutory Questions in PR Application.

My previous Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Application was rejected (Application Ineligible) by SINP due to Proof of Funds (lack of maturity), later I applied for SINP again & I was nominated though. I received my ITA on August 24th draw.

Below are my Queries:

Query#1: It is understandable that I should select YES to the 1st Question. What should I select for 2nd Question below?? YES or NO??

Query#2: My Spouse was also part of my previous Application. So, should I select same responses even for her??

Query#3: When I applied for SINP 2nd time, I missed to update below Questions in Schedule A form, now shall I make these fields corrected & upload upfront Schedule A form in LOE section in e-APR??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance!!
I have a similar issue. Namely I have send an application to Alberta, but they returned my application because I was not eligable (I wasn't living In Alberta at that time.
So what should I answer for the first question? Is it considered as refusal? Should I answer YES?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
bellaluna said:
FYI, I dealt with this by answering "yes" anyway (as if I took the question literally) and providing an LOE.
I assume they didn't ask for Schedule A then? I am planning to provide LOE too, because I got refused a work permit, due to negative LMO.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
The 2nd question is supposed to refer to being refused a visa or permit upon entry to another country, but is just written poorly.

FYI, I dealt with this by answering "yes" anyway (as if I took the question literally) and providing an LOE.

So, second question is only restricted to Port of entry refusals and deportations, I agree it's poorly written, first phase gives and impression that any visa(temp or permanent) denials to any country?
So, should I mark both of them "Yes", although it has been the case but still I can't read it that way and find both of them same. We were simply denied a visa stamping which is covered under first question.

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
-- My wife denied visitor Visa for US long time back before we got married, I understand it should be chosen as "Yes"
2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
traveler982 said:
I have a similar issue. Namely I have send an application to Alberta, but they returned my application because I was not eligable (I wasn't living In Alberta at that time.
So what should I answer for the first question? Is it considered as refusal? Should I answer YES?
A returned application is not equivalent to a rejected one, IMO. If your application was not processed because you were not eligible to apply for that program in the first place, then IMO, it is not considered rejection.

Hasnin

May 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charity06 said:
I sent our passport to VFS Singapore.
My vo is Singapore as well. Please let me know when you receive your passport back.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
johnny123 said:
I assume they didn't ask for Schedule A then? I am planning to provide LOE too, because I got refused a work permit, due to negative LMO.
No more Schedule A request, yes. I also attached the return/refusal letters.

kamy said:
So, second question is only restricted to Port of entry refusals and deportations, I agree it's poorly written, first phase gives and impression that any visa(temp or permanent) denials to any country?
So, should I mark both of them "Yes", although it has been the case but still I can't read it that way and find both of them same. We were simply denied a visa stamping which is covered under first question.

-- My wife denied visitor Visa for US long time back before we got married, I understand it should be chosen as "Yes"
Yes go ahead, you can answer yes to both to be safe, and provide an LOE. In case your wife has the 214(b) letter she can also include that.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Can you please share the link where document requirements are mentioned like CIC accepts photocopies or they needs to be notorized, in which format they need POF document

AKM84

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with my situation.

Back in 2007/2008 my eldest brother applied to sponsor my parents and since I was a dependent back then, I was included is the file. For some reason the sponsorship/file was rejected.

Now I am applying as a main applicant. How should I answer this question "Have YOU applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
No more Schedule A request, yes. I also attached the return/refusal letters.

Yes go ahead, you can answer yes to both to be safe, and provide an LOE. In case your wife has the 214(b) letter she can also include that.
214(b) is kind of useless, it has no date, signature. Seems like when she asked for reason they handed over generic ready print out without even signing or dating along with her passport.

ipman1123

Aug 28, 2016
kamy said:
Hi Friends,

Can you please share the link where document requirements are mentioned like CIC accepts photocopies or they needs to be notorized, in which format they need POF document
its in there website

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipman1123 said:
its in there website
Please share the link, somehow, I'm not able to get to that link even after searching various options.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date?

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
kamy said:
I'm expected to get ITA in 7th Sep draw, can I go for Medicals and Police certificates before that date?
if u r 100% sure of ITA then yes u can get them.....but better to wait.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
if u r 100% sure of ITA then yes u can get them.....but better to wait.
I have been nominated through PNP and as soon as I accept, it will give me 600 points and ITA. Do you have a different opinion on that, can there may not be an invitation even with this score.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
kamy said:
Please share the link, somehow, I'm not able to get to that link even after searching various options.
As far as I know there is no link for this. However when submitting the application after ITA, the information button for Proof of funds shows the following

Extract from CIC

Express Entry - Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).