+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes,Schedule A requests are common. This is especially true if you have frequent foreign travels/visited many countries OR if you were previously rejected a visa etc,. Nothing to worry about - fill in the requested information honestly, upload it in the respective placeholder and submit it.

You can fill this electronically, print the form, sign it and upload it back again as a PDF.
o

i checked my form which i shared with PNP, there is some gaps in dates, whereas, in CIC online forms there is no gap, should i follow the detail given in my CIC forms while refilling it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abdulqayyum said:
o

i checked my form which i shared with PNP, there is some gaps in dates, whereas, in CIC online forms there is no gap, should i follow the detail given in my CIC forms while refilling it?
Please do NOT leave gaps - not even 1 day. Follow whatever you followed while filling your e-APR. Just make sure that there are no gaps.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
abdulqayyum said:
o

You should fill it based on the most corrected data that you can remember. They give you a chance to submit it again; so don't mess it up.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please do NOT leave gaps - not even 1 day. Follow whatever you followed while filling your e-APR. Just make sure that there are no gaps.
i checked the form, the input they require is month/year only (no date).

in this case, suppose i finished activity-1 on last date of Jan and started next activity-2 on 1st-Feb,
so, my input would be as

end of activity-1: Jan-2001
start of activity-2: Feb-2001

in this case, would it be ok, of they will consider it 1 month gap, OR, few days gap? pls advise it as i have some activities like this in my history.

secondly, i think i shouldn't deviate from what i mentioned in CIC online forms, they are correct, without any gap.
if i deviate, it might create some confusion as mis representation.

so, finally, with your kind opinions, i will simply fill it as in mycic online forms.

thanks.

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
So Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's 4 years" for your Bachelor's and Master's degree COMBINED but you are claiming points for "2 or more degrees" (out of which your PG Dip is not a part of your ECA report. In this specific case, I am inclined to believe that you must get your "Post graduate diploma Medical Laboratory Technology - 1yr Program" evaluated unless that credential was obtained from Canada to be eligible to claim points for "2 or more degrees".

When the ECA report recognizes both the degrees as separate, the ECA summary would look something like this - "Canadian Bachelor's (4 years) and Canadian Bachelor's (3 years)".

Also, did you get your credentials evaluated from WES?
Yes, I got my credentials evaluated from WES

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
alya2905 said:
Yes, I got my credentials evaluated from WES
In "Work and Personal history" where 10 years details were required, I had no choice but to mention the PG Diploma course that I studies after I took sabbatical between jobs. I never worked in that area nor have I used my degree anywhere. Also, Based on my Microbiology Degrees (Bachelors and Masters) I started working as Chemist. Hence I opted for NOC CODE 2112. That PG Diploma degree is nothing but a piece of paper for me at the moment.

Also, while creating CIC account, I chose the option Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute because thats what my ECA report stated.

IF I get PG Diploma evaluated now, will it affect my application positively, in terms of points?

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
abdulqayyum said:
Guys,
i just want to update that i got msg from cic and they require additional doc i.e A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669).
is it their common demand? what factors should i keep in consideration while refilling it, just to avoid any confusion or rejection. And how long it takes to PPR after its submission.
The form requires you to fill all travel information... I think its for those who have travelled frequently... I was asked to complete it as well..

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Cofca said:
The form requires you to fill all travel information... I think its for those who have travelled frequently... I was asked to complete it as well..
should i include short trips like less than 1 months in schedule A background ?
i think, such short trips shouldn't be included, pls advise?

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
abdulqayyum said:
should i include short trips like less than 1 months in schedule A background ?
i think, such short trips shouldn't be included, pls advise?
YES u MUST include every single international trip no matter hw small the duration is.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
canadianrrk said:
YES u MUST include every single international trip no matter hw small the duration is.
Is a transit in an airport considered as a trip?
I noticed that I got some stamp for Buffalo .. but I actually never stayed. must have done a transit stop while going somewhere else

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
canadianrrk said:
Not really. You mention trips in travel history, period. Any country you have ever been is tracked there.

You never mention that in personal history / background / Sch A.

It would be lame especially for some one experienced / frequent traveler who say has worked at one job for a few years and traveled many countries there. He won't go on to list EVERY trip in his personal history in Schedule A.

Lastly, transits don't count as travel history.

In fact travels of less than six months - might only be relevant if they are recent (last 5 years or so). Otherwise they are only important if a Police certificate is required for those cases. Generally it is a good idea to get PCs for trips of 3-4 months. But any trips shorter than that, and very long time ago - might not even be needed.

Even if they are needed, putting them in travel history with dates is more than enough.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Hi everyone. A question about all this Schedule A and personal history stuff; I stayed in the US for 5 months on a business training trip, but I forgot to include my US address in the address history. Is it going to be a problem? Should I submit a CSE and explain, or should I wait until they request Schedule A? By the way, do we need to include the address at which we stayed while travelling, or just our residential address? I am starting to freak out about this. Any help is much appreciated!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
OzTraveller said:
Hi everyone. A question about all this Schedule A and personal history stuff; I stayed in the US for 5 months on a business training trip, but I forgot to include my US address in the address history. Is it going to be a problem? Should I submit a CSE and explain, or should I wait until they request Schedule A? By the way, do we need to include the address at which we stayed while travelling, or just our residential address? I am starting to freak out about this. Any help is much appreciated!
Less than six months officially is not treated as something needed in address history (according to CIC's formal wordings) so address is not really needed in address history. It is more like where you LIVED and work stay some where doesn't count.

But in practice, there have been cases where 5 months is considered boundary cases. If i recall correctly, some one was asked to provide PC for a 5 month stay in another country. So it is considered a safer option. And we do not know what other specifics exist for THAT particular person.

My take is that if you have an over all clear profile, they won't worry about this.

So its best to provide maximum information. If i were you, and i didn't consider getting a police certificate from US in above situation, then i would send a CSE describing my trip to US, purpose, dates and cite exact dates as reason around why i didn't submit PC for this. Please be sure to attach some evidence.

E.g. if it was a business training from employer, attaching letter from employer / certificate should be more than enough.

Just my two cents.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
OzTraveller said:
If you can avail a letter from your employer stating the duration and purpose, you should be fine.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
fkl said:
Less than six months officially is not treated as something needed in address history (according to CIC's formal wordings) so address is not really needed in address history. It is more like where you LIVED and work stay some where doesn't count.

But in practice, there have been cases where 5 months is considered boundary cases. If i recall correctly, some one was asked to provide PC for a 5 month stay in another country. So it is considered a safer option. And we do not know what other specifics exist for THAT particular person.

My take is that if you have an over all clear profile, they won't worry about this.

So its best to provide maximum information. If i were you, and i didn't consider getting a police certificate from US in above situation, then i would send a CSE describing my trip to US, purpose, dates and cite exact dates as reason around why i didn't submit PC for this. Please be sure to attach some evidence.

E.g. if it was a business training from employer, attaching letter from employer / certificate should be more than enough.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. By he way, is everyone requested to submit a schedule A, or does it depend on your case? To explain a bit more about my application, I am a FSW/ Outland applicant with AOR received on 16th of June.