+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
fkl said:
Agreed +1.
Dear fkl,
below is the detail,
PNP, 3 months to AOR, outland. now my family address is going to be changed from resident country to country of origin,
me as PA, the address would remain same i.e resident country.

if application succeed inshAllah for PPR, is it possible for CIC to get visa stamps from 2 different places?

If all it safe and possible, my family will move, i will update to CIC about address change. Pls advise

Hope this information is sufficient to answer.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
omstar said:
The problem is you didn't provide sufficient information in your original post to provide an informed response. Like mentioned earlier, it depends if you are bound to a province by a PNP - whether you are inland or outland, or at which stage of the application you might be in. Since you later mentioned that you are moving COUNTRIES, with your dependents in a different country than you, you will have to decide whether to make your primary address at your country of residence, or their/your country of origin.
Dear omstar ,
below is the detail,
PNP, 3 months to AOR, outland. now my family address is going to be changed from resident country to country of origin,
me as PA, the address would remain same i.e resident country.

if application succeed inshAllah for PPR, is it possible for CIC to get visa stamps from 2 different places?

If all it safe and possible, my family will move, i will update to CIC about address change. Pls advise

Hope this information is sufficient to answer.

N0M0re

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am very sorry about the situation that you are in. Since your case is a little complicated, you might want to take legal assistance from a good immigration attorney. They might know what exactly has to be done in a situation like this.

AFAIK, you might be able to go for a judicial review for this. You need to hire a lawyer and file a judicial review challenging the decision of the VO. This will be done in a court of law in Canada and if the judge feels that you have been rejected in error, S/he might order to re-open your application.

Another option is to try applying again.

Either way, I strongly recommend you take the help of a immigration lawyer (NOT an immigration consultant) on this .

I wish you good luck and all the very best! Hope you get to fly to Canada as a PR soon!

@Pippin/fkl - Thoughts?
Thanks for the reply. I am currently in Canada so hope won't need to waste more money on flights.

My lawyer asked them for reconsideration but they denied it under 48 hours. He also filed for judicial review and I did make a new express entry profile with 512 points. So, will get ITA next draw.

Just have to wait for judge's response on my judicial review file.

malican

May 24, 2016
Pippin said:
I have given all the suggestions I have and jesON has made an excellent post as well. If previous posts by this applicant are read, it is evident he had consulted legal advice and is contemplating federal court.

Hey, can advise on this? -
I have a colleague who was just asking me about the following - Do you know or came across any info on if the dependant (husband) was just diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic (just over 30 and not the serious stage) and is taking a 3 three month course of meds. Any idea if this can work against her? She is the PA.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I haven't read or researched anything specific about this, but it isn't a public health issue, just a potential future cost (medication, treatment of complications) issue. I expect there will be additional medical checks required (blood sugar and kidney function for example). Highly suggest he puts a concerted effort into watching his diet and increasing exercise. Some Type 2 can be controlled by diet and exercise. If your friend has been prescribed medication to control his blood sugar, it sounds like his diabetes is a bit more advanced. Do a search for diabetes and refusals, check for court rulings

malican

May 24, 2016
Pippin said:
I haven't read or researched anything specific about this, but it isn't a public health issue, just a potential future cost (medication, treatment of complications) issue. I expect there will be additional medical checks required (blood sugar and kidney function for example). Highly suggest he puts a concerted effort into watching his diet and increasing exercise. Some Type 2 can be controlled by diet and exercise. If your friend has been prescribed medication to control his blood sugar, it sounds like his diabetes is a bit more advanced. Do a search for diabetes and refusals, check for court rulings
Will pass on the info, thank you!

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
1. is there any possibility of rejection if your Employment reference letter matches 90% with the NOC Code and its job description but the Resume submitted is bit different. Resume matches with NOC job Description but also has some other points other than NOC .

2. I have three degrees - Bachelors, Masters (both in microbiology) and PG Diploma in MLT (1 yr course) and have evaluated only two from ECA. Will that be reason for rejection? I have applied on NOC 2112 - Chemist which matches with my two evaluated degrees and work experience. I have never worked in a pathology laboratory and did that last Post Graduate Diploma course (Aug 2012 - Sept 2013) when I took sabbatical between my jobs. And even in future I am not going to use or work based on that degree. SHOULD I STILL SEND IT FOR EVALUATION?

3.In letter of explanation submitted to OINP, I have mentioned how and where I have arranged the amount. I sold off few gold pieces (that were inherited to me by my late grand ma) and had some cash with me. The amount I have mentioned in LOI matches with the amount deposited in the account. However, I have not provided the sale deed / certificate I received from the jeweller (that is what gold piece i have sold and what was it worth, etc).

Its been 120 days since I received OINP - AOR and have not heard from them. They have not even send any email for any query.

I dont know if I should take it as good news. But reading all the reasons for rejections, I am scared.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alya2905 said:
1. is there any possibility of rejection if your Employment reference letter matches 90% with the NOC Code and its job description but the Resume submitted is bit different. Resume matches with NOC job Description but also has some other points other than NOC .

As long as the majority of your roles and responsibilities match the NOC, you are good to go. No issues here.

2. I have three degrees - Bachelors, Masters (both in microbiology) and PG Diploma in MLT (1 yr course) and have evaluated only two from ECA. Will that be reason for rejection? I have applied on NOC 2112 - Chemist which matches with my two evaluated degrees and work experience. I have never worked in a pathology laboratory and did that last Post Graduate Diploma course (Aug 2012 - Sept 2013) when I took sabbatical between my jobs. And even in future I am not going to use or work based on that degree. SHOULD I STILL SEND IT FOR EVALUATION?

No, this will not be a reason for rejection as long as you are not claiming points for the degree that has not been evaluated.

3.In letter of explanation submitted to OINP, I have mentioned how and where I have arranged the amount. I sold off few gold pieces (that were inherited to me by my late grand ma) and had some cash with me. The amount I have mentioned in LOI matches with the amount deposited in the account. However, I have not provided the sale deed / certificate I received from the jeweller (that is what gold piece i have sold and what was it worth, etc).

Its been 120 days since I received OINP - AOR and have not heard from them. They have not even send any email for any query.

You don't have to send an explanation for this unless and otherwise specifically asked. It has been 152 days for me since AOR and no nomination yet. In fact, few October applicants and the majority of the November applicants are waiting for nomination. So, unless there is something terribly wrong with your documentation, you are good to go!

I dont know if I should take it as good news. But reading all the reasons for rejections, I am scared.

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
According to my ECA report, My Masters degree is to be considered as 'Canadian University Bachelors".

In "MYCIC" account I have mentioned all the three degrees and my score in "CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education" is 120.

I also checked http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp where score for "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" in "WITHOUT SPOUSE' column is 120

Will it still be ok if I dont evaluate the PG Diploma degree?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alya2905 said:
According to my ECA report, My Masters degree is to be considered as 'Canadian University Bachelors".

In "MYCIC" account I have mentioned all the three degrees and my score in "CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education" is 120.

I also checked http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp where score for "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" in "WITHOUT SPOUSE' column is 120

Will it still be ok if I dont evaluate the PG Diploma degree?
Please provide the breakup of what your individual degrees are worth - Mention the 2 degrees you have got evaluated and their Canadian equivalencies.

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Please provide the breakup of what your individual degrees are worth - Mention the 2 degrees you have got evaluated and their Canadian equivalencies.
1. Bachelors of Science (Microbiology) - 3 yrs program (2003-2006)
2. Masters of Science (microbiology) - 2 yrs Program (2006-2008)
3. Post graduate diploma Medical Laboratory Technology - 1yr Program. (2012-2013)

For ECA Evaluation, I submitted Bachelors and Masters
Canadian Equivalency as per ECA - Bachelor's Degree (4 years)

In MY CIC account, I have mentioned bachelors, masters and Diploma degrees and the points corresponding to my level of education (CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education") is 120 points.

The same points are reflected under 'Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' in the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Do I still have to worry about getting diploma evaluated?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alya2905 said:
1. Bachelors of Science (Microbiology) - 3 yrs program (2003-2006)
2. Masters of Science (microbiology) - 2 yrs Program (2006-2008)
3. Post graduate diploma Medical Laboratory Technology - 1yr Program. (2012-2013)

For ECA Evaluation, I submitted Bachelors and Masters
Canadian Equivalency as per ECA - Bachelor's Degree (4 years)

In MY CIC account, I have mentioned bachelors, masters and Diploma degrees and the points corresponding to my level of education (CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education") is 120 points.

The same points are reflected under 'Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' in the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Do I still have to worry about getting diploma evaluated?
So Canadian equivalency is "Bachelor's 4 years" for your Bachelor's and Master's degree COMBINED but you are claiming points for "2 or more degrees" (out of which your PG Dip is not a part of your ECA report. In this specific case, I am inclined to believe that you must get your "Post graduate diploma Medical Laboratory Technology - 1yr Program" evaluated unless that credential was obtained from Canada to be eligible to claim points for "2 or more degrees".

When the ECA report recognizes both the degrees as separate, the ECA summary would look something like this - "Canadian Bachelor's (4 years) and Canadian Bachelor's (3 years)".

Also, did you get your credentials evaluated from WES?

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Guys,
i just want to update that i got msg from cic and they require additional doc i.e A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669).
is it their common demand? what factors should i keep in consideration while refilling it, just to avoid any confusion or rejection. And how long it takes to PPR after its submission.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
abdulqayyum said:
Guys,
i just want to update that i got msg from cic and they require additional doc i.e A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669).
is it their common demand? what factors should i keep in consideration while refilling it, just to avoid any confusion or rejection. And how long it takes to PPR after its submission.
This is Schedule A - a very commonly asked document. Usually people get it if they answered "Yes" to any of statutory questions in applications, or have some gaps in personal history.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
abdulqayyum said:
Guys,
Yes,Schedule A requests are common. This is especially true if you have frequent foreign travels/visited many countries OR if you were previously rejected a visa etc,. Nothing to worry about - fill in the requested information honestly, upload it in the respective placeholder and submit it.

You can fill this electronically, print the form, sign it and upload it back again as a PDF.