+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

bamshy

Jun 18, 2016
superchi said:
Hello everyone,

Please how can I re-open my application?

My E-APR was was refused today for one singular reason: ECA not attached

But I did because I noticed a computer glitch.

If the Visa Officer VO said I indicated attended a university in my PR application then the required documents checklist that will be generated will include the link to upload ECA and other credential.

Before I submitted the checklist had a link where I uploaded my ECA and other credential. I uploaded and move to the Next page where I made payment.

Today, as soon as I got the refusal message and cross checked ''submitted application'' in MyCIC and noticed only the education link was missing.

How come VO can see education information on my application but submitted application checklist in MyCIC does have education listed anymore?

I want to CIC to review my application and check my claim.

Please house I need help and advise on what to do next.

How far naa? No worry, e go better. My application was rejected January 7, 2016 because I did not submit ECA. I called them on the phone, raised a CSE and sent additional email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca explaining the situation and attaching my ECA. They replied after 2 weeks upholding their decision and asking that I re-apply as the attached ECA is a new information NOT available at the time the decision was made. :eek:

Since your AOR is about a month ago, your documents should still be valid (Medical and Police certificates), you can evaluate if waiting for two weeks is convenient or getting back in the pool quickly to take advantage of next draw. I'll do both though

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

sherlin62

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
i
I am a PNP nominated candidate with AOR date 27 June ,Its been 12 working days I did not receive Schedule 4 request.However,My medicals passed on 28 June and Background changed to not needed at this time on 30 June,but I raised a cse for my pof as I have submitted bank certificate for my fixed deposit(term deposit) with all the details such as Issue date,expiry and amount to cic but the bank manager omitted few zeros (branchcode)in the letter...so I submitted the updated bank certificate with copies of fd which i forgot to submit in my original pof.(copies of fixed deposit)
My question:
1)Will dey accept the new statement or old is fine as according to bank it is ok?

2)I did not attach the copy of fixed deposit in my eapr but deposited the bank certificate,incase if they dont accept my cse ..will original pof be ok///becoz if dey verify from bank...bank will be able to verify the information??/

3?Why schedule 4 is not asked till now..Is everything ok with my application? ..m worried

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bamshy said:
How far naa? No worry, e go better. My application was rejected January 7, 2016 because I did not submit ECA. I called them on the phone, raised a CSE and sent additional email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca explaining the situation and attaching my ECA. They replied after 2 weeks upholding their decision and asking that I re-apply as the attached ECA is a new information NOT available at the time the decision was made. :eek:

Since your AOR is about a month ago, your documents should still be valid (Medical and Police certificates), you can evaluate if waiting for two weeks is convenient or getting back in the pool quickly to take advantage of next draw. I'll do both though

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
AFAIK a copy of ECA and IELTS is not required to be uploaded with the application, only the correct reference numbers are required for both.

Also there isn't any filed for updating these 2. So how was that your case was rejected? Was it due to wrong or no reference numbers being updated or was your ECA an old one without the IMM suffix?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
xlnzee said:
AFAIK a copy of ECA and IELTS is not required to be uploaded with the application, only the correct reference numbers are required for both.

Also there isn't any filed for updating these 2. So how was that your case was rejected? Was it due to wrong or no reference numbers being updated or was your ECA an old one without the IMM suffix?
Well, I have always maintained that applicants submit ECA and IELTS reports in the Education History Section. There is no separate placeholder for these two. However, in the EE checklist; it says applicants do not have to submit ECA copy.

Purpose

To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements
Document requirements

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
Link --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

It is sheer incompetence and ignorance on their part to reject applicants who haven't submitted their ECA copy.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
superchi said:
Hello everyone,

Please how can I re-open my application?

My E-APR was was refused today for one singular reason: ECA not attached

But I did because I noticed a computer glitch.

If the Visa Officer VO said I indicated attended a university in my PR application then the required documents checklist that will be generated will include the link to upload ECA and other credential.

Before I submitted the checklist had a link where I uploaded my ECA and other credential. I uploaded and move to the Next page where I made payment.

Today, as soon as I got the refusal message and cross checked ''submitted application'' in MyCIC and noticed only the education link was missing.

How come VO can see education information on my application but submitted application checklist in MyCIC does have education listed anymore?

I want to CIC to review my application and check my claim.

Please house I need help and advise on what to do next.
Superchi,

What is your CRS ? If it is > 480, I suggest you not to waste time and create a new EE profile, get an ITA in the next draw and submit a fresh application. Re-consideration requests might take a long time. If your CRS is < 480, then you might want to raise a CSE and provide them with the link saying that it is EXPLICITLY mentions that ECA copy doesn't have to be uploaded.

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I have always maintained that applicants submit ECA and IELTS reports in the Education History Section. There is no separate placeholder for these two. However, in the EE checklist; it says applicants do not have to submit ECA copy.

Link --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

It is sheer incompetence and ignorance on their part to reject applicants who haven't submitted their ECA copy.
And it is due to your advise that I have attached IELTS and ECA scans along with Education certificate.

However, rightly mentioned by you, it is absolutely wrong to reject for something IRCC hasn't asked for and then reject on the basis of not providing it.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
bestofluck said:
They have not mentioned about student visa rejection. IS it necessary to say YES if student visa to USA was rejected. And they never give reasons for that. They only say work permit and immigrant visa.
Yes, you should still mention the details you have. Even for a student visa rejection you can provide the year & month you applied for the visa and were rejected.

joyaman

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-05-2016 sinp
AOR Received.
09-06-2016 cic
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Superchi,

What is your CRS ? If it is > 480, I suggest you not to waste time and create a new EE profile, get an ITA in the next draw and submit a fresh application. Re-consideration requests might take a long time. If your CRS is < 480, then you might want to raise a CSE and provide them with the link saying that it is EXPLICITLY mentions that ECA copy doesn't have to be uploaded.
I think the main problem is to get the refund from CIC, in these days they are taking more than 2 months to fund the money ...its better to raise the case to re-open the case, try your luck.otherwise re-apply

superchi

Dec 12, 2015
NIGERIA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
Med's Request
06-06-2016 Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
13-06-2016 Medical passed
rajkamalmohanram said:
Superchi,

Hello Raj.

I have PNP. My CRS is 1007 (407+600).

Thank I will do as advised.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
superchi said:
Hello Raj.

I have PNP. My CRS is 1007 (407+600).

Thank I will do as advised.
Nice! Now request the province to transfer the nomination to a new EE profile. Once you get ITA, submit your e-APR as soon as you can - This time around, triple check the application. I suggest that the e-APR be peer-reviewed before you submit your application.

Good luck and all the very best! Wish you a speedy PPR!

superchi

Dec 12, 2015
NIGERIA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-06-2016
Med's Request
06-06-2016 Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
13-06-2016 Medical passed
rajkamalmohanram said:
Nice! Now request the province to transfer the nomination to a new EE profile. Once you get ITA, submit your e-APR as soon as you can - This time around, triple check the application. I suggest that the e-APR be peer-reviewed before you submit your application.

Good luck and all the very best! Wish you a speedy PPR!
Raj

I really appreciate your point.

Thanks again

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
abdulqayyum said:
Hi flk,
thanks for detailed reply, so as per my initial query, CID requires me to re submit Scihedule A Background/Declaration form again, so in this, i will not include short trips in personal activities and address history of this form? pls advise.

secondly, in this form the format of date is YYYY-MM (i.e there is no DD), in this case what if Activity-1 is ending at 31st Jan and Activity B is starting at 1st Feb,

would they consider it 1 month gap?
Hi Flk,

From
(YYYY-MM) To (YYYY-MM)
2003-05 2004-08
2000-01 2003-05
1999-04 1999-12
1997-03 1999-04

can you see any gap in it? will the dates mentioned in bold text be considered as gap? i finished one activity at the end of month and started next activity by 1st of next month.

Pls advise.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
fkl said:
They didn't exactly specify the type. The question says have you ever been refused entry / visa / provincial nomination etc. .. Basically ANY refusal (there are two questions which cover this area combined). A student visa refusal is certainly part of it. Though it doesn't matter at all if there were no formal reasons for refusal. Temporary residence (study, work, visit) is refused all the time for not strong enough social ties and is of little importance in a PR application.

However, if some one has had a refusal (including study visa refusal) and they don't say yes, this would be treated misrepresentation and i have seen people banned for such mistakes.
Hi fkl,

What do you think of my situation detailed below?
Late in 2014, I applied for Canadian PR using the old system. My application was returned in April 2015 with a detailed letter that my NOC was full as of the time they received my application. There was a UCI Number written in pencil on the first page of my application.

This year, when filling the Express Entry PR online application data, I answered the question on whether I have ever applied for Canadian Permanent Residence: NO.. Basically because answering ‘Yes’ required one to fill a file Number… My application in 2014 never received a file Number; just a UCI No. I tried entering the UCI Number in the file number section but could not be accepted.

However, for the question on: Have you ever applied with IRCC before? I answered YES and this gave me an option to indicate the UCI No. This question was before the Permanent Residence question.

After I sent my documents, I was asked to complete Schedule A and IMM5662E (travel information).. My wife had been refused a Visa by the US and so I had to answer the Visa question. Yes. When giving the explanation to support the answer, I explained why my wife was refused a US Visa and attached the letter obtained from the US Consulate.. I also indicated that my 2014 Canadian PR application was returned due to NOC limit. I attached the letter obtained from IRCC in April 2015.

My question,
I feel like I contradicted myself by answering NO in the online form (now un-editable) and later on indicating that my 2014 PR application was not processed due to NOC limit.

Do you think my application can be rejected because of this??