jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doda said:
CIO is the office which receives all the EE eAPRs and is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia. CPC-OTTAWA is the local VO for inlanders. When CIO finishes your R10 and A11.2 checks it sends it to the applicants LVO dor finalizing.
Actually A11.2 review is done at LVO, not CIO.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hi Guys,

I received an ITA in september 2015 under FSWP with 486 points. but unfortunately my application was rejected last week. CIC pointed that I received 38 points for my foreign work experience in the last 5 years, however I the portal should not have awarded me those points since the total work experience in the last 5 years is for 10 months rather than the minimum of 12 months. So after deducting those 38 points my score was below the minimum in that draw. I cant understand why they awarded the points previously.

So I have again created my profile and this time my score is 443. I understand that this is low to get an ITA. So I am hoping to get a notice on interest under ONIP (we are in Toronto) or my wife is trying to get the LMIA for her job. Her company has posted the job and they will apply for the LMIA after one month (end of April 2016). I hope one of them will work out to get us additional 600 points. The problem I am facing now is that our work permit expires on May 31, 2016 and it can not be extended now. So I wanted to get your inputs regarding what options do I have to stay in Canada after May 31. Is there any option by which we can extend our work permits?

I shal be glad to get any inputs as all this is very stressful
Check these - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=185&top=17

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Further, you can extend your work permit (BOWP) only if you have submitted a PR application to CIC.

You can probably see if you can apply for a visitors visa to stay in Canada legally.

@Asivad - thoughts?

Fahimeh_t

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Guys, I submitted Jan 12th.
I emailed Ottawa office and they confirmed that my application is there and they are working on it.
If you remember my pof was in my husband's name.
Do you think I am still under the risk of rejection for my application??

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fahimeh_t said:
Guys, I submitted Jan 12th.
I emailed Ottawa office and they confirmed that my application is there and they are working on it.
If you remember my pof was in my husband's name.
Do you think I am still under the risk of rejection for my application??
In your situation are you PA and is your husband the SA? If yes you are fine. The only situation the POF does not count is if you and your husband filed separate applications and you used POF where all the bank account details and title to funds are in his name.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
JoacRy said:
In your situation are you PA and is your husband the SA? If yes you are fine. The only situation the POF does not count is if you and your husband filed separate applications and you used POF where all the bank account details and title to funds are in his name.
Or if the SA is Non-accompanying. But please ensure that you have a joint declaration that the funds are meant for immigration purpose only.

Fahimeh_t

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
JoacRy said:
I am PA and my husband is accompanying me and he is included in my application..he doesn't have a separated application.
So it is OK now??
As my friend canadawecome mentioned above and advised before I tried to send a letter but after talking to so many people whom they received their PPR and asivad too, I haven't raise a CSE and haven't attached any loe saying the this money will be used for immigration purposes because they said you might make the officer confuse at this time...

Now guys do you think it will be ok???

honeyarya

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MINE AOR IS 6 FEB.

SINCE THEN MEDICAL NOT PASSED.
I am worried about this as almost every one has passed status

What should i do

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. Mine passed after 3.5 Months. After PPR I got my GCMS notes and noticed that my application was virtually untouched till meds passed. It took them 4 more days to finish the rest of the application afterwards only to halt again for 2 months due to Security Check. So take it easy and don't worry.

immi_bird

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
LizzyBob said:
Has anyone ever been rejected because the funds in the bank have not been there for the full 6 months? Lets say I have the required amount of money but it has been in my account for only 4 months, would i be rejected because of that?

mine was also 4 months+certificate, is it serious?

immi_bird

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Doda said:
Don't worry. Mine passed after 3.5 Months. After PPR I got my GCMS notes and noticed that my application was virtually untouched till meds passed. It took them 4 more days to finish the rest of the application afterwards only to halt again for 2 months due to Security Check. So take it easy and don't worry.
long waiting Doda, i wonder is ur file transferred to you local vo, and is the security check included any phone calls to ur employer? and please tell, if u know, what exactly they do during security check?

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi All,

What could it mean if my status after PR application changed from 'Background check in progress' to 'Not needed at this time'? Could this mean they found something wrong with the application?

sj_naija

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Sanazeh said:
Hi All,

What could it mean if my status after PR application changed from 'Background check in progress' to 'Not needed at this time'? Could this mean they found something wrong with the application?
Its the normal trend. Usually after medicals is passed, it turns to in progress, then changes to not needed at this time. So no worries

Its d normal trend. It usually happens after medicals is passed, then it becomes in progress, then later changes to not needed now. So no worries

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Doda said:
Same here, took about 3 months for my medicals to pass, while others took 4.5 months until medicals passed only to get PPR a few days later. So it happens.

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
sj_naija said:
Its the normal trend. Usually after medicals is passed, it turns to in progress, then changes to not needed at this time. So no worries

Its d normal trend. It usually happens after medicals is passed, then it becomes in progress, then later changes to not needed now. So no worries
So then please explain why some people's background checks are 'in progress' after medical is passed and for over 4 months?

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
I heard elsewhere on this forum that INLAND applicants will remain BG in progress until they get PPR.

CanBC said:
So then please explain why some people's background checks are 'in progress' after medical is passed and for over 4 months?