AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
not true, all fields are editable in e-apr. it will recalculate the score anyway.
Am sorry, that came from my own experience, I did the same mistake as OP did. I corrected but it didn't reflect on my application.
I raised CSE and then I could see the changes after a week. Going through CSE, is safest option I believe.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hello Akhila, I believe you are good.
You don't need your roles and resp. to match 100% with your NOC.

It is suffice if it's 60 - 70% aligned to your NOC.
Thanks Sundar. What about the lead statement?

In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Thanks Sundar. What about the lead statement?

In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?
No I don't think it will be a problem.
We have to analyse which NOC mostly aligns to our roles and resp. Let's assume, the remaining 3 duties completely falls under different NOC, then you should opt other than 1434.

Let's face it, in our employment tenure none will work on the roles as aligned as NOC's, our roles varies over the period. Hence it's expected of us to choose NOC which closely aligns to our roles. Out of 10 roles if 6-7 roles falls under a specific NOC, then you should be picking that one for your application.

cgabbas

Mar 7, 2015
Hello guys,

My application is at the stage of IP2 since Feb-2018 and additional documents were asked last month which includes employment details including salary slip, appointment letter, tax letter and explanation how i was able to work with two employer at the same time.

I provided the all documents ( salary slip, appointment letter, tax letter) and explained that i was working part time with another employer.

Now its been one month and no communication so far .

what i should expect, really scared ;-(

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

My application is at the stage of IP2 since Feb-2018 and additional documents were asked last month which includes employment details including salary slip, appointment letter, tax letter and explanation how i was able to work with two employer at the same time.

I provided the all documents ( salary slip, appointment letter, tax letter) and explained that i was working part time with another employer.

Now its been one month and no communication so far .

what i should expect, really scared ;-(
Hi

Well there is nothing to fear about. It is normal. When they are looking for a clarification, they will ask your document, attach them to the file, so that Immigration officer has everything to reach a decision. You won't hear thank you emails, as there are millions of people seeking their replies, and it will slow them down.

Let me tell you the golden rule, When you don't hear things, you should know that you are doing good !

Don't be scared, just relax and wait for a good time !

Good Luck

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Reasons for Rejection and SUGGESTIONS
CHECKLIST (Do Not Repeat These Mistakes) -

1. Job not specified as full time (30+hours/week)
If you are on LMIA the word permanent must also be specified. --- Specify the details as per guidelines from CIC. Read this page carefully
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

2. Job description mismatch NOC code. --- Job description and responsibilities shall go in accordance with NOC code. Job title could be misleading so keep the description closest to NOC code.

3. Failure to upload Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) (even though it does not ask for it on the upload page) --- ECA from WES (or other organizations) as well as scans of all the degrees and diplomas shall be uploaded. (Don’t expect them to see your degrees using your WES reference number etc.)

4. Passport Scan Missing/incomplete --- Bio page + any pages with stamps, markings, entry/exit stamps or visas.

5. Missing Original Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Please follow this link to see the PCC requirements for your country
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

6. PCC was issued on a date before the applicant’s departure date from the Country.
For example, Mr. X is a smart cookie. Resided in Germany for 9 months and left Germany on 30th October 2015. Being smart he thought to apply for the Police Clearance Certificate from Germany and received it on 28th October while departure is after 2 days !! Applied for PR in Canada and uploaded the PCC issued on 28th October, while he left Germany on 30th October while filling travel history. His smartness has not paid him and he got rejected for the reason above! Don’t try this (at home), Readers discretion advised! :eek:

7. Medical examination shows some condition for which CIC officer does not feel comfortable. --- Eat healthy, drink lots of water. Exercise daily with 2 KM of walk every day!
"Does not feel comfortable as explained by member "Kryt0n" " is: You can be listed as a 'B' medical case but the officer will assess you against how much you are likely to cost the Canadian Government (currently $6,655 a year max - Thanks @DEEPCUR) or if you are a danger to the public. You cannot be rejected because you have a Vit C deficiency or a high blood pressure!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/excessive.asp

8. If you were in UK and you received a caution for something, then it does not go to criminal records. If you get “no live traces” in PCC this means they have a history on you and you require an extra disclosure. "No trace" is the safe one. (Thanks to Kryt0n)

9. If you have spent some time in Australia, you will need to include traffic history. Applications will get rejected for not including traffic history. --- Always thoroughly check the PCC requirements of the Countries where you have lived. Do always match them against CIC PCC requirements.

10. Did not included Consent to Disclosure of Information Form for PCC in New Zealand. --- You must read the instructions really, really carefully before submitting application and not missing any form. This checklist will be handy! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pdf/instructions_police_NZ-en.pdf

11. A Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is expired. It has been noted in the posts that people who still have another month of expiry in their LMIA have faced rejection.

12. Submitted the downloaded copies of bank statements. The information was not on a letter head of the bank as clearly stated here.

Exceptions as posted by a member 'mgnlky' Some banks (at least in the US as well as RBC in Vancouver) will straight up refuse to provide a signed letter stating you have X amount of funds in your account. They consider it a liability to them because if they say, "On x day, x person had $12,500 in account 12345," and you use that letter to finance something but later in the day withdraw $12,000 of it, someone could come back and say the bank is writing fraudulent letters. (I know it sounds crazy but it's the US and god knows people love to take people to court here.) If you must submit downloaded bank statements, include a LOE explaining your bank will not give you a statement, as well as any documentation from the bank that indicates their refusal.
--- Time to remind the most important web link after you have received ITA. Keep it as sticky! Read it like a religious book throughout 90 days you were given by CIC.

13. Job offer letter didn't satisfy the CIC officer. Officer may comment that the job offer letter is not PERMANENT --- No suggestions here. All I can say is to get the contact details of CIC officer and ask him/her the special ways to satisfy!

14. English or French translation of the documents issued in mother language was not uploaded. They must be translated by a certified translator and at times CIC may request affidavit of the translator. Affidavit by translator is a must I would say. --- Get the translations certified from local govt. bodies to be on safe side. Read this policy:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/translation.asp

15. Original documents were missing and only translations were uploaded. "Thanks @ vensak"

16. In one of the “curious case of Benjamin Zip” a person reported the rejection due to distance learning degree. Person sitting in Italy did distance learning from USA. The degree received is from USA but the person never visited US. Inability to provide PCC from USA will lead to rejection.

17. People on LMIA, not having few words exclusively written (Permanent, Full time, Non seasonal) on their job letters will be rejected! --- Ask your employer to exclusively state this if they can.

18. PCC not scanned in color - that one is specifically requested to be scanned in color. -- -Advise is to always scan documents in color. Even if the PCC is in Grey color you should scan it in Color !! "Thanks @ vensak"

19. One of the Brazilian candidates got rejected because s/he didn't uploaded the Brazilian Federal state PCC (Only State police PC was provided). "Thanks @ astralsource-- reported May 10th 2017"

IMPORTANT: Please do not flood this page with irrelevant posts. Keep it a single document so that other people can benefit. I have scrolled through 100 pages reading every bit and spent many weeks looking for reasons of rejection. At times I have been overcautious in giving suggestions to fulfill the CIC requirements.
I have seen people reporting the rejection due to INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS, LACK OF DOCUMENTS etc., however, I have not come across a single post stating a rejection due to “Many irrelevant documents uploaded!!” It does not mean that you leave mandatory document and start uploading irrelevant documents !

Let us keep this document live by adding more suggestions from other people experience. This is no way complete as CIC will never cease to surprise us. Please help me correct if I have missed or added some wrong information.

Good luck.
great job!
small question - I missed to scan the passport page with mark of flag - pole in Canadian - USA border (I've received my current work permit going through flag - pole) - can it be an issue? should I upload it through CSE with LOE? or it will confuse the officer??

Dr. Khan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Experts Please! Need a Guidance:
I am living in China since 2008 but originally from India. I studied in China since 2008 to 2013. After graduation in 2013, I found a full-time job and started working. My company couldn't change my visa status for 3 years and I continued to work full-time on a student visa. I got a student visa from one university but worked full-time in a company. Later in 2016, the company managed to change my visa status from Student to Work permit. My company already gave me an experience letter stating that I worked with them over 5 years but I am worried that whether CIC considers this foreign work experience on a student visa? Do CIC will only rely on the experience letter provided by the company or CIC also cared about the status of the applicant in that country during that specific time? Can I mention this 5 years experience on my EE profile?

razafzal, post: 5736403, member: 574768"]Reasons for Rejection and SUGGESTIONS
CHECKLIST (Do Not Repeat These Mistakes) -

1. Job not specified as full time (30+hours/week)
If you are on LMIA the word permanent must also be specified. --- Specify the details as per guidelines from CIC. Read this page carefully

2. Job description mismatch NOC code. --- Job description and responsibilities shall go in accordance with NOC code. Job title could be misleading so keep the description closest to NOC code.

3. Failure to upload Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) (even though it does not ask for it on the upload page) --- ECA from WES (or other organizations) as well as scans of all the degrees and diplomas shall be uploaded. (Don’t expect them to see your degrees using your WES reference number etc.)

4. Passport Scan Missing/incomplete --- Bio page + any pages with stamps, markings, entry/exit stamps or visas.

5. Missing Original Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Please follow this link to see the PCC requirements for your country
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

6. PCC was issued on a date before the applicant’s departure date from the Country.
For example, Mr. X is a smart cookie. Resided in Germany for 9 months and left Germany on 30th October 2015. Being smart he thought to apply for the Police Clearance Certificate from Germany and received it on 28th October while departure is after 2 days !! Applied for PR in Canada and uploaded the PCC issued on 28th October, while he left Germany on 30th October while filling travel history. His smartness has not paid him and he got rejected for the reason above! Don’t try this (at home), Readers discretion advised! :eek:

7. Medical examination shows some condition for which CIC officer does not feel comfortable. --- Eat healthy, drink lots of water. Exercise daily with 2 KM of walk every day!
"Does not feel comfortable as explained by member "Kryt0n" " is: You can be listed as a 'B' medical case but the officer will assess you against how much you are likely to cost the Canadian Government (currently $6,655 a year max - Thanks @DEEPCUR) or if you are a danger to the public. You cannot be rejected because you have a Vit C deficiency or a high blood pressure!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/excessive.asp

8. If you were in UK and you received a caution for something, then it does not go to criminal records. If you get “no live traces” in PCC this means they have a history on you and you require an extra disclosure. "No trace" is the safe one. (Thanks to Kryt0n)

9. If you have spent some time in Australia, you will need to include traffic history. Applications will get rejected for not including traffic history. --- Always thoroughly check the PCC requirements of the Countries where you have lived. Do always match them against CIC PCC requirements.

10. Did not included Consent to Disclosure of Information Form for PCC in New Zealand. --- You must read the instructions really, really carefully before submitting application and not missing any form. This checklist will be handy! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/pdf/instructions_police_NZ-en.pdf

11. A Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is expired. It has been noted in the posts that people who still have another month of expiry in their LMIA have faced rejection.

12. Submitted the downloaded copies of bank statements. The information was not on a letter head of the bank as clearly stated here.

Exceptions as posted by a member 'mgnlky' Some banks (at least in the US as well as RBC in Vancouver) will straight up refuse to provide a signed letter stating you have X amount of funds in your account. They consider it a liability to them because if they say, "On x day, x person had $12,500 in account 12345," and you use that letter to finance something but later in the day withdraw $12,000 of it, someone could come back and say the bank is writing fraudulent letters. (I know it sounds crazy but it's the US and god knows people love to take people to court here.) If you must submit downloaded bank statements, include a LOE explaining your bank will not give you a statement, as well as any documentation from the bank that indicates their refusal.
--- Time to remind the most important web link after you have received ITA. Keep it as sticky! Read it like a religious book throughout 90 days you were given by CIC.

13. Job offer letter didn't satisfy the CIC officer. Officer may comment that the job offer letter is not PERMANENT --- No suggestions here. All I can say is to get the contact details of CIC officer and ask him/her the special ways to satisfy!

14. English or French translation of the documents issued in mother language was not uploaded. They must be translated by a certified translator and at times CIC may request affidavit of the translator. Affidavit by translator is a must I would say. --- Get the translations certified from local govt. bodies to be on safe side. Read this policy:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/translation.asp

15. Original documents were missing and only translations were uploaded. "Thanks @ vensak"

16. In one of the “curious case of Benjamin Zip” a person reported the rejection due to distance learning degree. Person sitting in Italy did distance learning from USA. The degree received is from USA but the person never visited US. Inability to provide PCC from USA will lead to rejection.

17. People on LMIA, not having few words exclusively written (Permanent, Full time, Non seasonal) on their job letters will be rejected! --- Ask your employer to exclusively state this if they can.

18. PCC not scanned in color - that one is specifically requested to be scanned in color. -- -Advise is to always scan documents in color. Even if the PCC is in Grey color you should scan it in Color !! "Thanks @ vensak"

19. One of the Brazilian candidates got rejected because s/he didn't uploaded the Brazilian Federal state PCC (Only State police PC was provided). "Thanks @ astralsource-- reported May 10th 2017"

IMPORTANT: Please do not flood this page with irrelevant posts. Keep it a single document so that other people can benefit. I have scrolled through 100 pages reading every bit and spent many weeks looking for reasons of rejection. At times I have been overcautious in giving suggestions to fulfill the CIC requirements.
I have seen people reporting the rejection due to INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS, LACK OF DOCUMENTS etc., however, I have not come across a single post stating a rejection due to “Many irrelevant documents uploaded!!” It does not mean that you leave mandatory document and start uploading irrelevant documents !

Let us keep this document live by adding more suggestions from other people experience. This is no way complete as CIC will never cease to surprise us. Please help me correct if I have missed or added some wrong information.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great job!
small question - I missed to scan the passport page with mark of flag - pole in Canadian - USA border (I've received my current work permit going through flag - pole) - can it be an issue? should I upload it through CSE with LOE? or it will confuse the officer??
I will say, to be on safer side, you will have to send CSE.

Tell them that you have missed this page by chance, and would like to add this.
They won't get confuse, they are trained to handle all sort of things. Just add couple of lines and don't over do on explaining things.

Good luck.

Reactions: AlexandraO

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Experts Please! Need a Guidance:
I am living in China since 2008 but originally from India. I studied in China since 2008 to 2013. After graduation in 2013, I found a full-time job and started working. My company couldn't change my visa status for 3 years and I continued to work full-time on a student visa. I got a student visa from one university but worked full-time in a company. Later in 2016, the company managed to change my visa status from Student to Work permit. My company already gave me an experience letter stating that I worked with them over 5 years but I am worried that whether CIC considers this foreign work experience on a student visa? Do CIC will only rely on the experience letter provided by the company or CIC also cared about the status of the applicant in that country during that specific time? Can I mention this 5 years experience on my EE profile?
They will use the experience letter from the company as a foreign work experience. You will have to mention this particular situation in your letter of explanation. Your letter shall be supported by your employment letter at the time of hiring. Normally they are not going to correlate your VISA status with your experience letter.
As an example, my visa status says I am student supervisor, but experience letter says that I am Associate Instructor. The reason visa status is so, because there exists nothing equivalent to Associate Instructor in the database of UAE. But my experience letter says my actual job responsibilities and that I was hired and had to work 40hrs/week. Get that 40hrs/week written in your letter since the date of joining.

Good luck

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016

They won't get confuse, they are trained to handle all sort of things. Just add couple of lines and don't over do on explaining things.

Good luck.
thank you very much!

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
Hi All,

My PR application is in process and AOR is 4th april. And after that my Work Permit was also initiated by my employer for Canada. Now i have the WP stamped in my passport on 8th May ,but this information is not in my application. Is it necessary to inform CIC ? I got this after i submitted the application for PR. Please suggest. Can this lead to rejection of PR ?

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016

Good luck.
thanks again!
I was going to upload today and have one more question - is it better to upload just this page, or the whole passport again??

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upload your first page with (passport number and Photo ID) and the missing page. Lets not complicate things for them. They will add it to your previous file.
Good luck

Reactions: AlexandraO