+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection (Faraz Summary)

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
CasioLottoMax said:
Hi Astralsource,

I am the Principal Applicant + my spouse. We listed our studies and degrees in EE as well as when submitting the application for e-APR.
we didn't need the additional points for our degrees therefore we never claimed points for the education. But still we were required to provide translation of our foreign diplomas along with the upload for e-APR.

cheers.
One cannot have a EE profile without ECA for primary applicant. I guess you meant you didn't need points from your spouse degree.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
CasioLottoMax said:
Hi Astralsource,

I am the Principal Applicant + my spouse. We listed our studies and degrees in EE as well as when submitting the application for e-APR.
we didn't need the additional points for our degrees therefore we never claimed points for the education. But still we were required to provide translation of our foreign diplomas along with the upload for e-APR.

cheers.
Thanks!

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Deepcour,

My Express Entry Profile was created by my hired Immigration Consultant and I don't have ECA.

I met the CEC criteria by collecting points through:
- Human Capital
- First Language Proficiency
- Canadian Work Experience
- Foreign Work Experience

The table shows 0 points for Level of Education.

cheers

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Couple notes on PCC:

1) In the US, it's not provided in color, so you will not be able to upload a color copy.
2) Also, the six month require applies to current country of residence, not previous countries where you have resided 6 months of longer. The requirement for these, is that the PCC is issued after the last day you were in the country. I had to order my Spain PCC after I left, from the US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Another note, it's no skin off my back, but if you're uploading incorrect info (IELTS/WES dates/scores) before getting it and it causes you problems later, it's on you.
Do consider that you may force CIC to make further changes, making it more difficult for future candidates. Good idea to follow the correct process.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mthornt said:
Couple notes on PCC:

1) In the US, it's not provided in color, so you will not be able to upload a color copy.
2) Also, the six month require applies to current country of residence, not previous countries where you have resided 6 months of longer. The requirement for these, is that the PCC is issued after the last day you were in the country. I had to order my Spain PCC after I left, from the US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Another note, it's no skin off my back, but if you're uploading incorrect info (IELTS/WES dates/scores) before getting it and it causes you problems later, it's on you.

Do consider that you may force CIC to make further changes, making it more difficult for future candidates. Good idea to follow the correct process.
In come countries PCC are in color (even if the only thing in color is a signature), that is the reason why you shall put there a color scan / picture of your PCC original.

Technically you need to have enough points to meet the criteria and upload correct data at the date of your E-APR, you migh make it (also it is correctly as you said a possible trap, where they can check against EE account). What will become a real problem is in case your IELTS / TEF / ECA have later date than ITA itself.

6 months age of PCC applies to any PCC that was issued before you finished visiting that specific country. So obviously the country where you stay now you are visiting until the date of E-APR.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Mthornt,

in ref to point 2).

I wanted to be sure on this specific point and enquired with my Imm.Consultant before taking the necessary steps.. Since the Consultant has been accompanying / filing (successful) applications on continuous basis the understanding of the CIC requirement has been confirmed to me as follows:

"•For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country."

e.g. You resided in Country A until 12/13. Then you moved to Canada in 01/14 to live and work under valid work permit. You receive ITA in 11/15 and obtain PCC from Country A issued in 11/15. You decide to travel to Country A in 12/15-01/16 for two weeks Season's holidays and submit your E-APR in 01/16. <---- According to my hired Consultant the PCC is fine and valid as it the holiday travel to Country A is not considered as living under residency status and does not lead to rejection.

cheers

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CasioLottoMax said:
Hi Mthornt,

in ref to point 2).

I wanted to be sure on this specific point and enquired with my Imm.Consultant before taking the necessary steps.. Since the Consultant has been accompanying / filing (successful) applications on continuous basis the understanding of the CIC requirement has been confirmed to me as follows:

"•For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country."

e.g. You resided in Country A until 12/13. Then you moved to Canada in 01/14 to live and work under valid work permit. You receive ITA in 11/15 and obtain PCC from Country A issued in 11/15. You decide to travel to Country A in 12/15-01/16 for two weeks Season's holidays and submit your E-APR in 01/16. <---- According to my hired Consultant the PCC is fine and valid as it the holiday travel to Country A is not considered as living under residency status and does not lead to rejection.

cheers
That PCC would be valid, but that explanation behind is not correct. The correct explanation is that your PCC is valid simply because it is not older than 6 months. Since we must give PCC from all countries where we lived cumulatively 6 months or longer since we turned 18, even simple visit / tourism / short business trip can trigger that condition.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Vensak is correct, when you arrived back in Country A, it triggered the need for a brand new PCC from Country A. I haven't been to Spain since 2008, and got PCC from Spain in 2015. Since I spent more 6 months there, if I even step foot in Spain for one day, it triggers the need for a new PCC.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Mthornt,

but this is exactly the point where we have a different statement.

The PCC from Country A which was issued in 11//15 and uploaded in 01/16 is considered valid and has not triggered the need for a new PCC to be issued after the holiday trip 12/15 to 01/16 to Country A as long as there is no residential status in Country A.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CasioLottoMax said:
Hi Mthornt,

but this is exactly the point where we have a different statement.

The PCC from Country A which was issued in 11//15 and uploaded in 01/16 is considered valid and has not triggered the need for a new PCC to be issued after the holiday trip 12/15 to 01/16 to Country A as long as there is no residential status in Country A.
Here is the statement from the official CIC website:

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Now first check exactly how the requirement for a PCC is worded together with a suitable example: visited, worked or lived
This means that you may need PCC from a country where you never had any stable adress (for example visiting your family abroad regularly can trigger this).

Next check the first acceptable type of the PCC (less than 6 months old): or received the police certificate before leaving
Since a simple visit of a foreign country can trigger the request of a PCC, so any PCC that was issued before you left that country if only valid for 6 months (for Canada immigration of course). And it may not matter if later on you only transited that country.

And last, check the wording on the second acceptable type of PCC (older than 6 months): must be issued after you last lived
And again, this wording is equal to visit, because living somewhere technically means being physically present (regardless how long that presence was).

The reason behind this is simple:
They might be able to contact some organisations and check upon your recent criminal activity (lets say 1 year). However the older the data, the harder to get the exact information. That is why PCC needs to be recent. And the only exception is given to older ones that you get after leaving that country. The logic behind is that if you were not physically present, you could hardly commit any crime there. But then again with current possibilities of white collar crimes, where you do not need to travel to the other country anymore, that might be questioned in the future).

Wwebmaster

Dec 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I just want to be extra cautious with my application.
My question is:
I have PCC from India issued on 23 November 2016 now I am planning to visit my family back home on 25th February 2017.
So If I submit my application on 23rd February with the above mentioned PCC and go to India for 1 month, would that be Okay?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wwebmaster said:
Hi Everyone,
My question is:
I have PCC from India issued on 23 November 2016 now I am planning to visit my family back home on 25th February 2017.
So If I submit my application on 23rd February with the above mentioned PCC and go to India for 1 month, would that be Okay?
Yes since the travel dates till your e-APR would be taken into consideration.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wwebmaster said:
Hi Everyone,
My question is:
Your PCC will be less than 6 months old, so it will fall in the first category of PCC.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Since Indian pcc is real quick, I feel it's better to get one post ita instead of getting one earlier and thinking too much.