+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection (Faraz Summary)

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
farazafzal said:
6. PCC was issued on a date before the applicant’s departure date from the Country.
For example, Mr. X is a smart cookie. Resided in Germany for 9 months and left Germany on 30th October 2015. Being smart he thought to apply for the Police Clearance Certificate from Germany and received it on 28th October while departure is after 2 days !! Applied for PR in Canada and uploaded the PCC issued on 28th October, while he left Germany on 30th October while filling travel history. His smartness has not paid him and he got rejected for the reason above! Don’t try this (at home), Readers discretion advised! :eek:
Is this a real case? I'm in the same situation. I went back to my home country at the end of 2015, applied for PCC two days before I came back to Canada, and then never left Canada. If the two days gap really matters, I think that means for the countries we don't live in anymore, we have to obtain the PCC from outside of that country, since it's almost impossible to obtain PCC in that country before you leave.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Thats true...it clearly states on CIC website that PCC has to be after you have left the country exception being your country of residence.

Caesarpy said:
Is this a real case? I'm in the same situation. I went back to my home country at the end of 2015, applied for PCC two days before I came back to Canada, and then never left Canada. If the two days gap really matters, I think that means for the countries we don't live in anymore, we have to obtain the PCC from outside of that country, since it's almost impossible to obtain PCC in that country before you leave.

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
rg74 said:
Thats true...it clearly states on CIC website that PCC has to be after you have left the country exception being your country of residence.
Yes, I know the requirement. But if the gap of two days is not acceptable, then everyone has to obtain PCC of the countries they used to live in from outside of those countries. Isn't it unreasonable?

Has anyone got PR with such situation?

Thanks a lot!

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Yes, that's how it works. Either get it from the Consulate/Embassy or request a family/friend member to get it made if that's acceptable by CIC.

Caesarpy said:
Yes, I know the requirement. But if the gap of two days is not acceptable, then everyone has to obtain PCC of the countries they used to live in from outside of those countries. Isn't it unreasonable?

Thanks a lot!

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
rg74 said:
Yes, that's how it works. Either get it from the Consulate/Embassy or request a family/friend member to get it made if that's acceptable by CIC.
I see...

Thanks a lot for your reply.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somebody got rejection because of this:

Police Certificate:
o The Police certificate from SOUTH KOREA that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please note that the police certificate must indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records. You should specifically request a search on your entire record, including Criminal Records (including lapsed criminal sentences), and investigation records. Please verify our website in order to determine the required document.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp

So some PCC can be rather tricky.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Caesarpy said:

Thanks a lot!
PCC is valid for 6 months. IF you take pcc and leave the country but file e APR within 6 months then pcc is valid.

popolipo

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Nelson BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
?
NOC Code......
6332 (partner principal applicant)
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017, IMM5562E
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
3-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2016, upfront
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
11. A Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is expired. It has been noted in the posts that people who still have another month of expiry in their LMIA have faced rejection.

Not sure about this one. We first applied for PR in July 2016 with an LMIA valid 6 months from March 2016. We came in the country in April 2016 and obtained a work permit for a year with this LMIA. Our application was rejected in August 2016.We went for a consult with an immigration lawyer for our chances to reapply and mention the LMIA expiry. We've been told that as long as our work permit is still valid (until April 2017 then ) we still can use the LMIA to apply for PR. We did apply again in December 14th. So far no updates on our application, will let you know if it's rejected.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
miuonpak said:
Original PCC: the police in Guangzhou, China does not issue original PCC to individuals, instead, they send it to Guangzhou Notary Public Office and you only get the notarized copy.

I forgot to explain this in LOE, hope CIC is okay with it.. :-X
Recommend: Send CSE right away

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Job not specified as full time (30+hours/week)

So for foreign work experience, do we have an option of mentioning it as just 'full time' or is it mandatory to put in 30+hours/week, because full time can be interpreted differently by different organizations?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
  • Im a little confused

On CIC page it says http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Proof of studies
    Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
    Their spouse or common-law partner

- but it doesnt say - IF spouse is claiming points.

My spouse doesnt have an ECA and we are not claiming points for his education. Do I still have to provide his translated diplomas?

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi Astralsource,

I am the Principal Applicant + my spouse. We listed our studies and degrees in EE as well as when submitting the application for e-APR.
we didn't need the additional points for our degrees therefore we never claimed points for the education. But still we were required to provide translation of our foreign diplomas along with the upload for e-APR.

cheers.