+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection (Faraz Summary)

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
vensak said:
No, because your PCC is less than 6 months old. Just upload the one that you have.
Thanks vensak. Should I let them know I was in Canada for a week? I'm certain they'll be able to review their databases for travel information but just want to be thorough on my end.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTAman said:
Thanks vensak. Should I let them know I was in Canada for a week? I'm certain they'll be able to review their databases for travel information but just want to be thorough on my end.
If you have submitted your application already then no reason to inform about travels after it. If you are yet to submit your application you have to list history of all your travels except of those to your country of citizenship and country of your residency. So yes that includes to list Canada as well. However you do not need to submit any PCC (even if you hit the 6 cummulative months) for Canada. They will check upon you so like so.

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
vensak said:
If you have submitted your application already then no reason to inform about travels after it. If you are yet to submit your application you have to list history of all your travels except of those to your country of citizenship and country of your residency. So yes that includes to list Canada as well. However you do not need to submit any PCC (even if you hit the 6 cummulative months) for Canada. They will check upon you so like so.
Awesome, thanks a lot. My AOR is NOV 16 and recently got request to submit Schedule A, RCMP PCC & RPRF fee in that order.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTAman said:
Awesome, thanks a lot. My AOR is NOV 16 and recently got request to submit Schedule A, RCMP PCC & RPRF fee in that order.
If you got any further requests after your AOR, then you submit them accordingly. They can ask for other PCC even if you do not have to submit them at the start (that might include Canadian PCC).

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
farazafzal said:
16. In one of the “curious case of Benjamin Zip” a person reported the rejection due to distance learning degree. Person sitting in Italy did distance learning from USA. The degree received is from USA but the person never visited US. Inability to provide PCC from USA will lead to rejection.
This is a rather bizarre reason to reject an application. I have two distance learning degrees/qualifications for which I have gotten an ECA. I can't possibly provide a PCC for a place I've never even visited.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuclearbattery said:
This is a rather bizarre reason to reject an application. I have two distance learning degrees/qualifications for which I have gotten an ECA. I can't possibly provide a PCC for a place I've never even visited.
As funny as it is you can. In many countries all you need is some personal data and they will then state, that you never commited crime in that country. In some cases like China for example, they will refuse to do so. In that case you have to provide prove, that you tried to get a PCC, but your request was rejected.

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
vensak said:
As funny as it is you can. In many countries all you need is some personal data and they will then state, that you never commited crime in that country. In some cases like China for example, they will refuse to do so. In that case you have to provide prove, that you tried to get a PCC, but your request was rejected.
Fair enough. I just think it shouldn't be required. Never thought it could be an issue until I randomly came across this post though, so I'm not so sure if I should start the process for obtaining a PCC from the UK now (already submitted my APR).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuclearbattery said:
Fair enough. I just think it shouldn't be required. Never thought it could be an issue until I randomly came across this post though, so I'm not so sure if I should start the process for obtaining a PCC from the UK now (already submitted my APR).
best advice is go for it and raise a CSE with at least your application for PCC. It is still better then getting rejection.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
vensak said:
best advice is go for it and raise a CSE with at least your application for PCC. It is still better then getting rejection.
No PCC is not required. Please note that people who get rejected will not always tell the true reason or details. for any PCC you have to provide residential address. how will someone give address. They also want entry and exit dates for the country. So please don't go on one rejection reported for this.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
No PCC is not required. Please note that people who get rejected will not always tell the true reason or details. for any PCC you have to provide residential address. how will someone give address. They also want entry and exit dates for the country. So please don't go on one rejection reported for this.
Not true,

I can give you simple example of my PCC from France. They did not ask me for any kind of French adress. Neither did they ask me for the duration of stay. All they requested was some basic data (name, date of birth and such) and of course adress where to send the certificate. Same thing goes for most PCC from Europe.

Please do not forget that you can trigger PCC without having any residential adress there (for example 3 weeks holiday on the same place for last 10 years can qualify you for one).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
vensak said:
Not true,

I can give you simple example of my PCC from France. They did not ask me for any kind of French adress. Neither did they ask me for the duration of stay. All they requested was some basic data (name, date of birth and such) and of course adress where to send the certificate. Same thing goes for most PCC from Europe.

Please do not forget that you can trigger PCC without having any residential adress there (for example 3 weeks holiday on the same place for last 10 years can qualify you for one).
Cut it short/ PCC is not required if you have not visited the country.

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
bestofluck said:
Cut it short/ PCC is not required if you have not visited the country.
I'm inclined to believe this. Not because it is the easier way but because it just makes more sense. BTW, I rechecked my application details and I have clearly specified I was physically present in Pakistan during the distance learning programs, so there hopefully shouldn't be any confusion there.

At some point, you just have to trust the judgment of the immigration officers. Fingers crossed.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
nuclearbattery said:
I'm inclined to believe this. Not because it is the easier way but because it just makes more sense. BTW, I rechecked my application details and I have clearly specified I was physically present in Pakistan during the distance learning programs, so there hopefully shouldn't be any confusion there.

At some point, you just have to trust the judgment of the immigration officers. Fingers crossed.
Well since we've already seen a case of rejection where the candidate had a distance learning degree and did not provide a PCC it may not hurt to try and provide one if you can. While I agree that in an ideal world the officer will not reject your application because of this, we don't live in an ideal world. But if it happens to you then you're free to appeal the decision.

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
g126 said:
Well since we've already seen a case of rejection where the candidate had a distance learning degree and did not provide a PCC it may not hurt to try and provide one if you can. While I agree that in an ideal world the officer will not reject your application because of this, we don't live in an ideal world. But if it happens to you then you're free to appeal the decision.
You're right, of course. We do not live in an ideal world.

I'm curious to know what the applicant who got the rejection wrote down as the "country of study". It could be that s/he wrote the country of the certificate issuing authority, which would certainly confuse the immigration officer about where the applicant was physically present at the time and compel him to ask for a PCC for that country.