+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection (Faraz Summary)

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hello, What do we need to take care while listing the travel history?
I have not stayed anywhere more than 6 months. However, will they ask for proof if visited in the same place for a few many times?

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hi all, I am so confused about the question "do you have a valid job offer". I read a lot of posts and most of them we should answer "no" when the job does not have LMIA. I answered "yes" when I create the profile and I do not think I got additional 50 point. I have been invited under CEC and on Government of Canada website it said "If you are invited under the Canadian Experience Class, you don’t need an LMIA to meet the program requirements." I have a open post-graduation work permit.
Can someone show their screenshot for the point they earned if they got 50 point, where will it show up?
If I have not claim that 50 point and I am under CEC stream, I have uploaded my original job offer + reference letter stating anything they required in the placeholder "job offer". Is it ok? Thanks.
You do not have a job offer. You must have gotten 50 points by answering yes. If you minus 50 points from your CRS score and it's not less than the crs draw you were invited in, then you are ok. If it's less then withdraw your application cos it's likely the VO will reject it

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
I have not stayed anywhere more than 6 months. However, will they ask for proof if visited in the same place for a few many times?[/QUOTE

You only need PCC for a place you stayed for more than 6 months in a row. Visiting doesnt count

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
I'll love to know the outcome for this post...i applied under this as well only thing is my HR copied and referemced the duties stated since it matches everything I do.
Well for me, i wrote everything with my own words but matching the NOC duties. Got it signed by HR. I am also waiting to see what happens.

I already submitted my application last week.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have not stayed anywhere more than 6 months. However, will they ask for proof if visited in the same place for a few many times?
Jess you are asking 2 different questions...
Travel history is about your trips related to business, tourism, training from your home country or country of residence

For countries where you have lived for 6 months you would need to provide PCCs

Usually they don’t ask for proof unless they notice something out of the ordinary(which is rare)

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hi,

I got my ITA under CEC (3 months + 11 months). My experience for the 3 months is with a corporation (medical) whose company is registered at a residential address. I worked as a consultant for a period of 3 months. I've gotten a employment letter from the director and T4 as records of tax paid.
Are there any issues you could see with this above mentioned 3 months experience?
Thanks for your inputs.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I got my ITA under CEC (3 months + 11 months). My experience for the 3 months is with a corporation (medical) whose company is registered at a residential address. I worked as a consultant for a period of 3 months. I've gotten a employment letter from the director and T4 as records of tax paid.
Are there any issues you could see with this above mentioned 3 months experience?
Thanks for your inputs.
CEC work exp, does not need to be continuous hence you can use if it meet the NOC skills condition conditions.
You should get a letter of reference as well for this role and attach the salary slips(even though it is not mandatory). My only concern is that address was registered at a residential place the analysts/case processing agent may put this experience up as Review Required for the main case officer

Last edited:
Reactions: vrahulan

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi there.

In the identity documents section where we have to enter details of our travel documents, I have entered details of my passport and my National Identity Card since the drop-down menu had an option for national identity document.

The issue is since the card is in a language other than English, I have already had it translated, attested and notarized and I have attached the attested and notarized English translation along with the scanned copy of the card.

But then I came across this link (which mentions the policy for translations) through this thread: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html

My question is, is the attested and notarized translation enough or do I still need an affidavit as mentioned in the link? If I do need an affidavit, then what should its contents be?

I got the translation made not through a certified translating organization but from a small computer shop as I also needed a gift deed made.

P.S. I don't have much time left for submission of my application and I had considered my application to be complete as I had collected all the required documents until I came across this thread.

Therefore an urgent response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

vrahulan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
CEC work exp, does not need to be continuous hence you can use if it meet the NOC skills condition conditions.
You should get a letter of reference as well for this role and attach the salary slips(even though it is not mandatory). My only concern is that address was registered at a residential place the analysts/case processing agent may put this experience up as Review Required for the main case officer
Thank you so much. Just to add on this experience, this is my Uncle's company and worked remotely from a different city (Vancouver). Should I mention these details in the letter of explanation to clarify? Your thoughts please...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you so much. Just to add on this experience, this is my Uncle's company and worked remotely from a different city (Vancouver). Should I mention these details in the letter of explanation to clarify? Your thoughts please...
You should get all of this documented in the letter of reference only, so that you do not have to provide an further LoE

veraww

Jul 24, 2018
You do not have a job offer. You must have gotten 50 points by answering yes. If you minus 50 points from your CRS score and it's not less than the crs draw you were invited in, then you are ok. If it's less then withdraw your application cos it's likely the VO will reject it
Thanks. Someone mentioned that his 50 points is showing at"CRS – Additional – Arranged Employment - 50 points. I went back to my invitation letter, in that line, I have zero point, so I think by answer "yes" do not automatically give me 50 points.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.

In the identity documents section where we have to enter details of our travel documents, I have entered details of my passport and my National Identity Card since the drop-down menu had an option for national identity document.

The issue is since the card is in a language other than English, I have already had it translated, attested and notarized and I have attached the attested and notarized English translation along with the scanned copy of the card.

But then I came across this link (which mentions the policy for translations) through this thread: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html

My question is, is the attested and notarized translation enough or do I still need an affidavit as mentioned in the link? If I do need an affidavit, then what should its contents be?

I got the translation made not through a certified translating organization but from a small computer shop as I also needed a gift deed made.

P.S. I don't have much time left for submission of my application and I had considered my application to be complete as I had collected all the required documents until I came across this thread.

Therefore an urgent response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi

Affidavit is just a couple of lines from the translator stating that the translator certifies that the translation has been completed and proof read by a certified translator with much diligence.

Nothing more!
You could ask your translator to write 3 - 4 lines on a separate paper that he has translated and in his understanding the translation is correct etc.

You should have not uploaded id card as this move was useless/will not benefit you in anyways and just delaying your application.

Good luck

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi

Affidavit is just a couple of lines from the translator stating that the translator certifies that the translation has been completed and proof read by a certified translator with much diligence.

Nothing more!
You could ask your translator to write 3 - 4 lines on a separate paper that he has translated and in his understanding the translation is correct etc.

You should have not uploaded id card as this move was useless/will not benefit you in anyways and just delaying your application.

Good luck
Thanks @farazafzal for the response.

I got an affidavit made as I did not want to take any chances and submitted my application and got AOR.

However, I was just going through an other thread on canadavisa related to the common reasons for rejection and for uploading passport it said this 'Make sure all pages with stamps are also included as IRCC rejected the application in past for not having a stamp for existing of one of the countries.'

The last part of that sentence bothers me and has got me worried. I uploaded just my current passport. Its bio page and pages with visas and stamps but for one of the trips mentioned in my travel history, the exit stamp is in my current passport but the entry stamp is in the previous passport since the visa was in that passport.

Do I need to take any action now such as uploading the previous passport and sending it through the webform? I don't want this silly reason to have any adverse consequences for my application.

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Cheers!

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi folks,

My wife was refused visa to UK in 2012. Just remember we didn't include it in our application which was submitted on Wednesday.
The visa refusal was on her previous passport which carried her former name before she just married and the passport doesn't have any travel history.
The visa refusal to USA wasmentioned stating that no specific reason(s) was given for the refusal and it is on her present passport that carries her travel history.

-Is it alright to forget about the UK visa since the passport has no travel history and it's her former name OR how do we go about it?

-What effect could the visa refusal have on the application?