+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Delay in Meds & PPR: After status " In Process "

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the usual email which they send after a case specific inquiry was sent to them

The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter that you have received gave you the average processing time for visa applications for the category in which you have applied, if an interview or further investigation is not required.

Further investigations are necessary in relation with the processing of your application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including eligibility, health, security and criminality.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Now no where it states that I am not eligible but check the once in green color. It clearly means I am eligible but they are doing a background check. I know its a standard reply but no where from the email it can be made out I am not eligible. So if they are not sure about anything then they should call me for an interview. Its as per the operational manual as well.

What do you say

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a complaint desk for Visa officers?

It is not easy to argue with them. Get on their bad side and it will make things worse. We are at their mercy.

On another note: There is a definition of 'In-Process' in the ECAS page, or the CIC page.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolEJ said:
Is there a complaint desk for Visa officers?

It is not easy to argue with them. Get on their bad side and it will make things worse. We are at their mercy.

On another note: There is a definition of 'In-Process' in the ECAS page, or the CIC page.
Source: www.cic.ga.ca
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

Now it clearly states that online that once status is In Process it means an applicant is eligible. I know we are at their mercy but Operational manual clearly states these things. I am just trying to guess my chances and outcomes here

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.) Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas

My Ecas...
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on December 2, 2009.

The underlined ones are confusing.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolEJ said:
Kindly check here.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_wrkr&lang=en&app=ecas

This is for the once where application were sent to Nova scotia first.

Where it clearly states this "IN PROCESS
In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun."

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that makes it even more confusing.
Where is that link located? Both pages look like they cover the entire process status from AORs to Complete..

There are two meanings of 'In-process'.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoolEJ said:
Now that makes it even more confusing.
Where is that link located? Both pages look like they cover the entire process status from AORs to Complete..

There are two meanings of 'In-process'.
When you check your online ecas and once you login, at the end on the page there are three options. Click on the last option where is says application sent to Nova scotia.

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
::) ...

I hope the person in the IT Manager thread responds if he indeed got 'In Process' and then got a rejection.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know it's easy to preach, but i'll still say guys, keep faith. hopefully everything will work out fine and rocky u'll receive visa in 2010 ASAP. my best wishes to everyone on this forum. may we all receive visas in 2010 and may be one day in Canada we will have coffee together.

regards.

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
This is the usual email which they send after a case specific inquiry was sent to them

The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter that you have received gave you the average processing time for visa applications for the category in which you have applied, if an interview or further investigation is not required.

Further investigations are necessary in relation with the processing of your application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including eligibility, health, security and criminality.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Now no where it states that I am not eligible but check the once in green color. It clearly means I am eligible but they are doing a background check. I know its a standard reply but no where from the email it can be made out I am not eligible. So if they are not sure about anything then they should call me for an interview. Its as per the operational manual as well.

What do you say
Hi Rocky, the reply i received for my case specific query is in different format. And there is no fond colour in the response, as is in your case.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
Nit4Canada,

What is the reply...
Whether u got Medicals...

summerlong

Dec 23, 2009
To Rocky and CoolEJ,
My application was IN PROCESS from August 2009 and then changed to DECISION MADE on Dec 2nd. A week later i got rejection letter.
I have sent an email to CIC London to see if they will explain the reasons for the rejection and will post it here if i get a reply.

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Hello rocky and other seniors, I want to know my status. I applied in early november 09, still no reply in my e.mail. No problem i can wait but the question is this. is there any way to check my status before receiving an e.mail from CIO, nova scotia. if yes, how? or i cant check it and have to wait till their mail. If my case is accepted,will they also allott me some number?

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
Under which NOC u applied.. Whether Decision mAde status made after u sent your Medicals & PP or you never reached that stage????