+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

really quick question please and thankyou

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
We are applying under conjugal. Just received confirmation i was approved as sponsor. My Girlfriend was told to get biometrics done and medical. What happens now, are things looking promising or can we still be denied?
Thanks

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
What are you barriers from living together or being married?

The long silent wait starts

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are applying under conjugal. Just received confirmation i was approved as sponsor. My Girlfriend was told to get biometrics done and medical. What happens now, are things looking promising or can we still be denied?
Thanks
You can certainly still be denied. All that IRCC has done at this point is confirmed that you qualify to sponsor her. They haven't completed the assessment of your relationship yet - it's still fairly early days for your application.

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
You can certainly still be denied. All that IRCC has done at this point is confirmed that you qualify to sponsor her. They haven't completed the assessment of your relationship yet - it's still fairly early days for your application.
how nerve wracking! we submitted the application last year in august and it says that they should be completed this august. I Thank-you for you reply!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
how nerve wracking! we submitted the application last year in august and it says that they should be completed this august. I Thank-you for you reply!
Conjugal apps pretty much never follow posted processing times, so expect it to take beyond August.

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi. This is where our application is now. I may have delayed the process because of problems getting my taxes done.
Trying to be patient is challenging. So Canuck your accurate in it taking longer. I did request my gcms notes about two weeks ago, perhaps that'll explain something. I wonder how much longer its going to take?
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Date received: August 27, 2018
Estimated completion date: August 27, 2019

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • April 25, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • April 30, 2019 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. This is where our application is now. I may have delayed the process because of problems getting my taxes done.
Trying to be patient is challenging. So Canuck your accurate in it taking longer. I did request my gcms notes about two weeks ago, perhaps that'll explain something. I wonder how much longer its going to take?
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

Date received: August 27, 2018
Estimated completion date: August 27, 2019

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • April 25, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • April 30, 2019 Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It's really not possible for any of us to say how much longer things are going to take. Conjugal applications typically take longer since the situation is more complex. Also, if there were delays in you providing requested documents (i.e. tax returns) - that will create further delays as well. No much you can do but wait. Your GCMS notes may give you an indication of how far along in the process you are. Good luck.

Reactions: Kristianfromcanada

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
It's really not possible for any of us to say how much longer things are going to take. Conjugal applications typically take longer since the situation is more complex. Also, if there were delays in you providing requested documents (i.e. tax returns) - that will create further delays as well. No much you can do but wait. Your GCMS notes may give you an indication of how far along in the process you are. Good luck.
Hiya Scylla.
GCMS notes didn't state anything different than the ecas says. If I send them a message what should i say? Will the message get to the VO or does it just contact the help center. Maybe we should request a more current copy of GCMS notes as its been over a month since any update.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hiya Scylla.
GCMS notes didn't state anything different than the ecas says. If I send them a message what should i say? Will the message get to the VO or does it just contact the help center. Maybe we should request a more current copy of GCMS notes as its been over a month since any update.
Honestly - conjugal is the hardest category to qualify under. Not sure there's much you can do but wait.

Highly doubt the hel center will be able to tell you anything.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hiya Scylla.
What VO office is your app at? Have you received pre-arrival yet? That is probably the toughest hurdle to get over. Once u get that it means you've passed eligibility which in other words the officer has passed you guys in the conjugal relationship.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hiya Scylla.
Likely your only option is to stay patient and wait. As others have mentioned, a conjugal is considered a "non-standard" application and will not follow the usual timelines and procedures. The extended wait is expected for such applications.

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
What VO office is your app at? Have you received pre-arrival yet? That is probably the toughest hurdle to get over. Once u get that it means you've passed eligibility which in other words the officer has passed you guys in the conjugal relationship.
Ukraine VO. Pre arrival, such as PPR? i dont think so. What would that look like?