+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re:- Study Permit Extension Processing Time( with Spouse Open Work Permit Extension)

aue16

Sep 22, 2019
I applied on July 3rd , no I didn’t follow with the web form I just called them but they told me still no updates on my application. What about you ?
Hi,
Do you have any update yet? We applied on July 12th, we called them a cople of weeks ago and also followed with web form. Only thing they say is our application has not been updated and we should wait. Our old permits have already expired and we are very stressed at this point.

If anybody applied on June/July who has any update keeps posting I would really appreciate.

Mehrdad1364

Oct 1, 2019
Hi,
Do you have any update yet? We applied on July 12th, we called them a cople of weeks ago and also followed with web form. Only thing they say is our application has not been updated and we should wait. Our old permits have already expired and we are very stressed at this point.

If anybody applied on June/July who has any update keeps posting I would really appreciate.
Nothing ,I applied on July 19 ,and till now no update ,it will take 120 days .
Very stressful situation.

Marcop

Oct 28, 2019
My common law parter and I we applied to extend her study permit coop work permit and my open work permit on September 2nd no updates yet.

aue16

Sep 22, 2019
I am not sure if this web form can help or accelerate the process , Ii looks like our only choice is to wait as people before us start to get replies now, it’s a very long process as I mentioned before that it could take up to 120 days
Hi,
Can you please let us know once you receive the original permits?

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello,
I applied for my study permit extension and Spouse open work permit extension on Sept 17, 2019 on same date with same GCKey.
Shall we get approval on same date or different Dates??
Which processing time will be followed??

Reactions: amr1235h

duckling1

Dec 13, 2019
I got so discouraged after reading all these messages from you guys :(
It has been 3 weeks I applied for an extension and my Visa just expired, so I am on a implied status. That means... stuck in Canada for the holidays! :(

I heard from friends of mine who got the response of their student extension request 2 weeks later!! Why there is such a delay? Anybody knows??
Well, at least it has been decreasing from 99, to 86 and 78 days expected for a decision.

Good luck to us all

ggv13

Nov 29, 2019
Hi.

Since most of the people who responded here applied for student permit extension together with spouse owp, may I ask if you uploaded your LOA twice on the online application? One on the student's section and the other one under your spouse's section? Because I only uploaded the LOA in the student's section and I'm confused whether the visa officer will process our application separately. Thank you

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi.

Since most of the people who responded here applied for student permit extension together with spouse owp, may I ask if you uploaded your LOA twice on the online application? One on the student's section and the other one under your spouse's section? Because I only uploaded the LOA in the student's section and I'm confused whether the visa officer will process our application separately. Thank you
Why LOA for spouse??

there is no need for LOA for spouse.

Visa officer will process both application together technically but will respond you separately.

You will receive approval emails separately.

Are you extention case or new one??

LOA is usually used in new cases.

ggv13

Nov 29, 2019
Why LOA for spouse??

there is no need for LOA for spouse.

Visa officer will process both application together technically but will respond you separately.

You will receive approval emails separately.

Are you extention case or new one??

LOA is usually used in new cases.
Because I will be taking 2nd program. It is an extension.