+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re:- Study Permit Extension Processing Time( with Spouse Open Work Permit Extension)

princeexpedition

Mar 1, 2017
My wife and I applied together for Study Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit extension on 28th June 2019 (Waterloo, Ontario). And Based on processing time panel, It shows they are currently working on all applications that were submitted on 28th June 2019. We are indeed in a very critical situation because My wife needs to go to London to attend her PhD conference and her study permit application is still under process.

My wife already contacted through IRCC's webform along with a full explanation about PhD. Conference but their reply was pretty regular "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I m worried that she might lose this important opportunity. Please, you guys let me know what should we do to accelerate at least her application.

P.S. Is it really advance Canada that we live into !!!!!

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
It has been 65 days since I applied on July 3rd .I applied for a study permit extension and co-op work permit with spouse open work permit and 2 study permits for my kids and I am still waiting

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
My wife and I applied together for Study Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit extension on 28th June 2019 (Waterloo, Ontario). And Based on processing time panel, It shows they are currently working on all applications that were submitted on 28th June 2019. We are indeed in a very critical situation because My wife needs to go to London to attend her PhD conference and her study permit application is still under process.

My wife already contacted through IRCC's webform along with a full explanation about PhD. Conference but their reply was pretty regular "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

I m worried that she might lose this important opportunity. Please, you guys let me know what should we do to accelerate at least her application.

P.S. Is it really advance Canada that we live into !!!!!
Did you get any reply or any update?

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
I am in a similar situation like you , I called them yesterday and they told me that there is a delay of 100 days in study permit extensions with family members and that they are working on applications received on may 18th .
Anyway please keep posting or updating so we can know approximately when will our applications going to be processed

Reactions: princeexpedition
Nov 15, 2014
I have a same situation. I applied on June 9th for my study permit along with my spouse open work permit extension. We both are now in implied status and it is so stressful while getting so many emails and notifications from University and from work about SIN expiry.

Last edited:

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
I have a same situation. I applied on June 9th for my study permit along with my spouse open work permit extension. We both are not in implied status and it is so stressful while getting so many emails and notifications from University and from work about SIN expiry.
90 days that’s really too long !!
You should get it in the next 10 days because of the delays & let’s hope that the process not taking any much longer.
When is your study permit going to expire?

Nov 15, 2014
90 days that’s really too long !!
You should get it in the next 10 days because of the delays & let’s hope that the process not taking any much longer.
When is your study permit going to expire?
Its already expired. It was valid until August 30. We both are now in implied status. :(

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Its already expired. It was valid until August 30. We both are now in implied status. :(
No worries I know it’s stressful but you are good to work or study for now.
Just keep posting If you got any updates you applied before us and you should get an answer very soon

l_miira

Sep 10, 2019
I have the same issue. I applied for my study permit extension on 10 July with my spouse. no updates yet. Please let me know if you guys get any updates. I don't even know what to do in school. Next Monday is the last day to get a refund if we don't want to take the program. but I have no idea what comes next!!!

Nov 15, 2014
Hello Guyz,

I had applied for my study permit extension along with my wife's open work permit on 5th June, 2019. I am still waiting.

I also filled in IRCC web-form and they are saying, it is being processed. The status is "submitted" till date.

Both the permits end this August. I am really worried.

Please help!
Hi any updates on your application? Mine is June 9th, 4 days after you. Just wondering if you got decision already?