+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

dtaus

Oct 10, 2019
Copr issued by HK office on December2020. Got expired on May 2021. Contacted ircc through webform early this month, but got a generic reply, asking me to wait for their instructions.

Reactions: Wotsit

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
CoPR issued November 2020
Valid till March 2021 as the validity of my medicals
Remedicals completed and approved in January 2021.
No further updates post that.
VO: Nova Scotia

so basically theres no fixed timeline to approximate a response.

Just Believe, All in Good Time

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I know the IRCC website advised us not to contact them by webform but I have raised one anyway.
To me it seems that waiting over a month with none of us being contacted deserves some kind of explanation.
Perhaps if enough people raise webforms about the situation they might actualled start issuing our emails/COPR extensions?

I can't understand what's taking so long,I expected to see a few people on here who have had good news...

Btw do you think we will all have to go for re-meds? Or will they just issue extensions?
I don`t think they will grant any extension on medical but who knows they might add something like 3 to 6 months extension for recently expired/expiring medical. There are few updates in different forum from couple of post March applicants. They were asked for re-medical, travel info in any & Schedule A form. Few were asked to submit PCC again as well.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
My copr expired in May 2021 and I haven't received any email. I've raised two webforms and only got generic replies.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
My copr expired in May 2021 and I haven't received any email. I've raised two webforms and only got generic replies.
Patience is the key.
Many waiting with a time line much earlier than yours.
Student permit decisions were promised first week of August so am guessing there could be a heavy student permit applications to process, plus pre march 2020 backlog, post march 2020 back log, hopefully sooooooooooon.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Patience is the key.
Many waiting with a time line much earlier than yours.
Student permit decisions were promised first week of August so am guessing there could be a heavy student permit applications to process, plus pre march 2020 backlog, post march 2020 back log, hopefully sooooooooooon.
Thank you. Your explanation makes a lot of sense.

elif911

Jun 22, 2017
Any news please? VO: Sydney
Expired: March 2021
No news (
There is a slight movement with pre-march copr holders, but only God knows when our turn will be for whose post-march copr holders.
I suppose we should prepare for quite a long wait, the movement is very slow now, there is a big backlog, and summer it's the time of vacations, so...
I likely believe there will be more good news since Fall.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
I contacted London Visa office and got the following response, sadly nothing good:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we can’t process applications normally or give accurate processing times for most applications.

IRCC is working to contact applicants with expired Confirmations of Permanent Residence (COPRs) issued after March 18, 2020. Please wait to be contacted by us and check the website for updates for immigration applicants.

Individuals whose COPR has expired should not book flights or attempt to travel to Canada until they receive a new COPR from IRCC.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

• Sad
Reactions: gtcan19

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
@Galaxy_2021 @dtaus @Sarahw16 @Manaloto @VaishaliAkilesh @annguyen @Sharan083 @MrMiyagi

Hi! I see nobody gives the feedback. Guys, would you be so kind to mention your visa office, please.
It would help to understand the situation with different visa offices' activity and working speed.
I currently reside in the United States and our visa office is Ottawa. Planning to send in a webform again tomorrow as we have not received any other email and its been a month now :/

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
I contacted London Visa office and got the following response, sadly nothing good:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we can’t process applications normally or give accurate processing times for most applications.

IRCC is working to contact applicants with expired Confirmations of Permanent Residence (COPRs) issued after March 18, 2020. Please wait to be contacted by us and check the website for updates for immigration applicants.

Individuals whose COPR has expired should not book flights or attempt to travel to Canada until they receive a new COPR from IRCC.

Yours sincerely,

LBM
Hmm. Yeah even we are post march. Probably we would also receive a similar email.