+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

elif911

Jun 22, 2017
I'm post-March, visas issued November 2020, COPR expired 9 May 2021. No letters from them, no news, nothing ) ...
VO Paris, I've written them several times, every time I get the answer "we will send your visa reissuing instructions AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" :) So it can be either tomorrow or in a half of the year )))

Last edited:

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
I am post march, visa issued on 19 march 2020 and got expired on 29 September 2020. No any update or any piece of communication since then......

Reactions: newbulu

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Mine expired in February.
I recently contacted the office that issued my COPR (London) They told me my application was no longer being dealt with there.
I presume that it's being processed in Canada again...

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone! I'm post marche expired copr.
copr issued on nov 2020, expired march 2021. No change in my application status, didn't hear from ircc.VO sydney.
I raised a webform only once, before the expiry date and got a generic response then nothing since.

Reactions: newbulu and Wotsit

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
COPR issued Nov 2020. Medical, COPR & PRV expired March 2021. I raised first webform in March requesting COPR extension but received generic reply. Raised again in April requesting new IME for re-medical but they replied my file is currently located at IRCC Manila so I should contact VO directly. I Contacted VO that issued my COPR (IRCC Manila), they replied I can`t travel due to travel restriction. When restriction is lifted, they will re-open my file and provide further instruction which include new medical exam. I recently contacted VO (5th July) requesting them for re-issue of COPR but they replied on 15th July saying I can`t travel due to travel restriction. Shocked & surprised to receive that. I replied them on 16th July with all the details in Canada official webpage about travel restriction exemption for COPR holders and screen shot of tweets from Immigration minister. I am yet to receive any reply after that.

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
COPR issued Nov 2020. Medical, COPR & PRV expired March 2021. I raised first webform in March requesting COPR extension but received generic reply. Raised again in April requesting new IME for re-medical but they replied my file is currently located at IRCC Manila so I should contact VO directly. I Contacted VO that issued my COPR (IRCC Manila), they replied I can`t travel due to travel restriction. When restriction is lifted, they will re-open my file and provide further instruction which include new medical exam. I recently contacted VO (5th July) requesting them for re-issue of COPR but they replied on 15th July saying I can`t travel due to travel restriction. Shocked & surprised to receive that. I replied them on 16th July with all the details in Canada official webpage about travel restriction exemption for COPR holders and screen shot of tweets from Immigration minister. I am yet to receive any reply after that.
Quite a few Manila VO in this thread. Surprised you got a response. I've also emailed the Manila VO in May, June, July for my wife's spousal COPR renewal. Zero responses for me. A little concerning the person who responded to you didn't know about the travel restrictions. I'm a Canadian citizen, so my wife has been travel exempt for a long time too, so travel restrictions didn't seem like the problem.

Only the main the IRCC webform has responded to me, which I started emailing back in January. But it's either been generic responses or telling me to email Manila VO. Calling the IRCC they just told me to send a webform and wait.

COPR Issued Nov 2020 and expired Feb 2021, Manila.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Quite a few Manila VO in this thread. Surprised you got a response. I've also emailed the Manila VO in May, June, July for my wife's spousal COPR renewal. Zero responses for me. A little concerning the person who responded to you didn't know about the travel restrictions. I'm a Canadian citizen, so my wife has been travel exempt for a long time too, so travel restrictions didn't seem like the problem.

Only the main the IRCC webform has responded to me, which I started emailing back in January. But it's either been generic responses or telling me to email Manila VO. Calling the IRCC they just told me to send a webform and wait.

COPR Issued Nov 2020 and expired Feb 2021, Manila.
I emailed them at MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca . They asked to raise webform at first instead of mail but when I raised webform, I got a reply to contact IRCC Manila. I pasted same mail to IRCC Manila then after they started to respond.

Exactly, I was also surprised. Restriction was lifted on 21st June and the person responding is not aware of lifted restriction till 15th July. This was their reply. This has reference to your email. As you were previously advised, Economic Class applicants are not exempt from travel restrictions. Your application to immigrate to Canada is under the Federal Skilled Worker. Thus, you cannot travel to Canada at this time. Kindly review the restrictions at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html.
When the travel restrictions are lifted for your category, we will re-open your application and provide further instructions, which include a new Medical exam if necessary. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the processing of the application, and we appreciate your understanding while you wait to hear more from our office. We trust this information will guide you accordingly.

The funny part is the given link clearly states COPR holders are exempt from restrictions.

I will update if I get positive response from them regarding my last mail.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
I know the IRCC website advised us not to contact them by webform but I have raised one anyway.
To me it seems that waiting over a month with none of us being contacted deserves some kind of explanation.
Perhaps if enough people raise webforms about the situation they might actualled start issuing our emails/COPR extensions?

I can't understand what's taking so long,I expected to see a few people on here who have had good news...

Btw do you think we will all have to go for re-meds? Or will they just issue extensions?