+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of Expired COPR & Visa

Aruleesee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
There are 3 options for you to know your VO - Either through calling them, via Webform or via GCMS notes

My VO is Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia not the Sydney in Australia.

I am yet to get my passport back post stamping, but yes, the visa should be applicable till September next year as that is when I cleared my medical exams.
Okay, thanks!

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I also received the ready to travel email from IRCC..

I have one question that do we have to reply to the same email or can also compose another email and send to the given email. Because my friend replied to the same email and my consultants told me to compose another email..

And one more thing is that I forgot to mention the application no. In the subject line. So, when I asked them they told me that I can also send one more email to them and this time I can reply to the same email and I can put the application no. In the subject line this time.

Warm regards
I replied to their email by directly clicking ‘reply’ and that seemed to work just fine as they’ve now sent me medical instruction.

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
I replied to their email by directly clicking ‘reply’ and that seemed to work just fine as they’ve now sent me medical instruction.
When did you see the profile status updated from Approved to Submitted? And when did you get the remedical request? Ultimatum email was on 24th August?

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Dear All
have a question for any body in the know.

what is duration of the expiry in your renewed visa?

The original was always tied to the expiry of the medicals ie one year from the date of the medicals

Are they still giving that much time or have they reduced it. Somebody suggested they are inly giving 3 months this time.

Will really appreciate a reply cause i need to plan my shift with family accordingly

My copr expired june 21 and just go the email for remeds 1 days back.
I haven’t gotten my new COPR yet but I’m under the impression that it’s gonna be valid for another year, according to the new medical document expiry date.

I think we just need to be prepared for either possible scenarios.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Does anyone get the acknowledgement from IRCC of replied mail of "do you still wanna immigrate"?
You wont get any acknowledgement or email receipt by replying to their email. Never heard of anyone getting one either. I didn’t.

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Don't want to rain on a bunch of you optimistic people's parades but following is my situation and it's not very nice.

I am an August 2019 AOR applicant. I got my PPR in February 2020 and COPR was issued March 7, 2020. Of course due to COVID, I couldn't travel and my COPR expired in June 2020. Around November 2020, I sent IRCC a bunch of webforms enquiring about when I could travel. Finally around January 2021 they asked me to submit proof of where I will be staying and what I plan on doing once I arrive in Canada. I made an Airbnb booking in Montreal for 2 months, and sent them job openings I was eligible for and told them I'd be applying for those. After this, I got my request for second medicals which I completed in March 2021. In April 2021, the portal reflected "You have passed medicals". It has been 6 months since that message and nothing so far.

I was under the impression that with all the correspondence late last year and the second medicals, I must've been on the verge of getting my second PPR and a COPR. But nothing - they just went silent. At this rate, even the second medical will expire. Anyone here in this situation? I have sent them multiple web forms but I get generic responses about how all agents have been diverted to deal with the Afghanistan Crisis.

I never received any Still plan to immigrate to Canada email.

At a loss for how to plan life moving forward. Has anyone here actually received their second PPR? I am from India, FWIW.
You should call IRCC. Wait times are not so bad but target their opening times. Call with Fongo or a similar app. Explain the situation to an agent and they will send a reminder on your file. Call very other week. It will happen

waidee19

Feb 3, 2020
You should call IRCC. Wait times are not so bad but target their opening times. Call with Fongo or a similar app. Explain the situation to an agent and they will send a reminder on your file. Call very other week. It will happen
Hey thanks for the tip! Is there a specific number you recommend I try calling? If they ask where I am calling from do I mention my current city?

I see the following as options on the website (Client Support Centre services — Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Canada.ca)

telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
TTY:Call us via the Bell Relay service : 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time

• 1-800-855-0511 (Voice to TTY)
  • 711 (TTY to Voice)
  • 1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)

Much appreciated!

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hey thanks for the tip! Is there a specific number you recommend I try calling? If they ask where I am calling from do I mention my current city?

I see the following as options on the website (Client Support Centre services — Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Canada.ca)

telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
TTY:Call us via the Bell Relay service : 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time

• 1-800-855-0511 (Voice to TTY)
  • 711 (TTY to Voice)
  • 1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)

Much appreciated!
They never ask for where you’re calling from but you can only call them with those apps I mentioned. Yes the first one is the Number ( 1-888-242-2100). If your VO is Ottawa cus that’s the only VO they can send reminders to them directly but regardless please make the call detailing everything. Ignore the prompts about calling only for urgencies due to Afghanistan issues and follow all prompts to make sure you speak you to someone.

shamly

Jun 15, 2019
Guys, expired COPR May 2021, denied boarding from India on March 2021, got do you still want to immigrate email in September 2021 --- Do I need to raise webform and inform ircc that I tried to board the flight and was denied boarding by Air India??? While issuing visa again, will my records of denied boarding will be available with cbsa and will it affect my file???

veritas1994

Mar 10, 2019
Guys, expired COPR May 2021, denied boarding from India on March 2021, got do you still want to immigrate email in September 2021 --- Do I need to raise webform and inform ircc that I tried to board the flight and was denied boarding by Air India??? While issuing visa again, will my records of denied boarding will be available with cbsa and will it affect my file???
Dont think that matters. Have you gotten your profile updated online yet?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Just got the 'Do you still want to immigrate' email.

AOR Feb 2020
Expired Feb 2021
London VO